Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: At Disney World, b*****s!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Eat breakfast at Blue Heaven. It's awesome. As for sucking something, my golf game will be doing that at Osprey Ridge in about an hour. First round here in 2013.
    Shot the round of my life at Osprey Ridge. About the only good thing I can say about Disney - the golf.

Thankfully, my kids have absolutely no interest in going to Disney. My oldest would rather take a trip to see the Metrodome (or any other random Stadium) than see Mickey. My youngest would rather go to the John Deere/Catepillar Museum and look at the history of the wheeled vs. tracked excavator.

I'll wait a few years when they are old enough and go once just so we can say that we went. But it will be weird having to force a kid to go to Disney, which is what we'll be doing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was in Florida last month and we decided not to go to Disney with our 5 year old. I'm sure he would have loved it but I think it would be better when he is a little older. Maybe even next year.

Has anyone stayed at one of the Disney resorts? We figured we would stay there a night or two just to have the character breakfast. Any recommendations?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It'd be cool if all the princesses also worked the night shift as hookers, costume and all.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I was in Florida last month and we decided not to go to Disney with our 5 year old. I'm sure he would have loved it but I think it would be better when he is a little older. Maybe even next year.

Has anyone stayed at one of the Disney resorts? We figured we would stay there a night or two just to have the character breakfast. Any recommendations?
    Stayed in the "Saratoga Springs" resort, it was really good to have easy access to everything. My kids had no interest initially, and I definitely didn't, but I have to say we had a great time. They do a great job these days about minimizing your time standing in line, we were able to fast track things we wanted to do and fill in between time with other fun stuff, even did a few rides that they loved several times.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 1greenNUT View Post
    BS. PoSt LIkE ThIs ThEn
    I post better when I'm drunk because I am more deliberate and make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    GFY, the lot of you.
    shut yer fook up

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Is it true you snuck out out of the hotel and went to a local Tiki bar with a rainbow as its emblem???
    If there's LaNDSHark on tap, that could have been me.

Last time at Disney, we did the Beach Club, next to Epcot. Easy walk and the daughter did breakfast with the princesses.

Other than taking the bus to the Magic Kingdom one day, we walked everywhere, went to Epcot every night for the fireworks... and drank our faces off in every Nation.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    I WILL get a picture of me eating a turkey leg on some gastropod's Rascal.
    Missed you by a week, man.

You can buy a t-shirt that says "Turkey Leg" with a picture of a big.....(wait for it)....turkey leg on it! Over by the Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain area at a little stand.

Oh, and take the girl to that new Fantasy Land area with the Be Our Guest restaurant. Her head will explode.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed at a few...Polynesian, Port Orleans Riverside, Saratoga. They have three tiers of resorts, the Polynesian, Contemporary, and Grand Floridian are on the higher end and have monorail service directly to parks. They also have character dining at the resort. The other resorts I mentioned are middle of the road, have bus service to the resorts (it runs well and timely) but no character dining directly at those resorts. There are also more inexpensive resorts but I haven't stayed at any.

The key to character dining and great dining experiences (in the parks or at the resorts) is using the Disney reservation website several weeks, even months in advance to book. I booked dinners 4 months ahead of time and still couldn't get the exact times I wanted or the best places. So my first recommendation is to book early! My second recommendation, if it's in your budget, is to try to stay at one of the nicer resorts that's on the monorail line. But if that doesn't work out you shouldn't have any concerns about going the middle-of-the-road route with resorts. They're good and you probably won't be at the resort a lot anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Other than taking the bus to the Magic Kingdom one day, we walked everywhere, went to Epcot every night for the fireworks... and drank our faces off in every Nation.

-
    This.

When people ask me what rides I spent most of my time on at Epcot I say Germany...the beer stand in Germany!
    Last edited by jetstream23; 03-25-2013 at 11:37 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I've stayed at a few...Polynesian, Port Orleans Riverside, Saratoga. They have three tiers of resorts, the Polynesian, Contemporary, and Grand Floridian are on the higher end and have monorail service directly to parks. They also have character dining at the resort. The other resorts I mentioned are middle of the road, have bus service to the resorts (it runs well and timely) but no character dining directly at those resorts. There are also more inexpensive resorts but I haven't stayed at any.

The key to character dining and great dining experiences (in the parks or at the resorts) is using the Disney reservation website several weeks, even months in advance to book. I booked dinners 4 months ahead of time and still couldn't get the exact times I wanted or the best places. So my first recommendation is to book early! My second recommendation, if it's in your budget, is to try to stay at one of the nicer resorts that's on the monorail line. But if that doesn't work out you shouldn't have any concerns about going the middle-of-the-road route with resorts. They're good and you probably won't be at the resort a lot anyway.

Thanks. My parents live in Florida so we will be staying with them part of the trip so when I go to Disney, I want to do it up right. Character dining, fast passes to the rides and no driving so the drinks can flow.

I will likely be going in February and book it all by September

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    It'd be cool if all the princesses also worked the night shift as hookers, costume and all.
    The way Disney pays, they probably do.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Stayed at the Contemporary last year with a 7 and 4 yr old. Great place for first time with the monorail going inside. Kids loved that... Doing the Polynesian this summer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Stayed at the Contemporary last year with a 7 and 4 yr old. Great place for first time with the monorail going inside. Kids loved that... Doing the Polynesian this summer.
    Thanks

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also had a guy the got us on every ride with no lines... Cost $100/ hr but was worth every dollar. Rode whatever we wanted in Magic Kingdom and Hollywood studios (Toy Story multiple times when the fast pass was 6 hours in advance). Did not use him for Epcot or Animal Kingdom, but will next time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    GFY, the lot of you.
    THIS, BIG TIME!

Work sucks, esp. my place. Handling a security incident and dumb people clicking on hacker's link to malware site. Thx, dooshes. /facepalm

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Last time at Disney, we did the Beach Club, next to Epcot. Easy walk and the daughter did breakfast with the princesses.

-

We're at Boardwalk, right across from Beach Club. Very convenient walk to Epcot. Wound up walking back from Hollywood yesterday - only tok 20 minutes or so.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Missed you by a week, man.

You can buy a t-shirt that says "Turkey Leg" with a picture of a big.....(wait for it)....turkey leg on it! Over by the Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain area at a little stand.

Oh, and take the girl to that new Fantasy Land area with the Be Our Guest restaurant. Her head will explode.
    We did Be Our Guest Saturday night. Daughpne wore her Belle costume. Hilarious, scared pictures taken with Beast. Chef Mickey and Cinderella character dinners sti to go.

Hoping to get turkey leg/scooter pic today. Oh and it's fcuking freezing out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    went to Disney World between Christmas and New Years thanks to my d-bag friend's brilliantly scheduled wedding. two hour waits for the rides. i give myself a lot of credit for not going to one of the local gun stores gun and gunning down the entire park.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still waiting for JT's scooter/turkey leg pic

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still waiting for JT's scooter/turkey leg pic
    And, God forbid, he should take five minutes from quaffing red-eye gravy to send along one of a leggy 22 year-old babe.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    And, God forbid, he should take five minutes from quaffing red-eye gravy to send along one of a leggy 22 year-old babe.
    we're more likely to get a FILF.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    we're more likely to get a FILF.
    LOL! Or TILTF.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    LOL! Or TILTF.
    who just happened to step in the picture at the last second