Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I guess it's Mock Season? (K-Ro's Mock 3.0)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess it's Mock Season? (K-Ro's Mock 3.0)

The Jets trade Revis for 13 and 73 along with a conditional pick in the 2014 draft. (2nd if all pro, 3rd if pro bowler, 4th if played 80% of snaps)

9 - Dion Jordan - PR
    13 - Cordarelle Patterson - WR
    39 - Justin Pugh - OG
    73 - Jordan Reed - TE
    74 - Bacarri Rambo - FS
    105 - Marcus Lattimore - RB
    136 - Dwayne Gratz - CB
    166 - Miguel Maysonet - RB
    197 - Anthony McCloud - DL

I can easily go in depth about every selection and would gladly respond to any critiques. These are some of my favorite prospects and would set this franchise up for a decade.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    The Jets trade Revis for 13 and 73 along with a conditional pick in the 2014 draft. (2nd if all pro, 3rd if pro bowler, 4th if played 80% of snaps)

9 - Dion Jordan - PR
    39 - Justin Pugh - OG
    73 - Jordan Reed - TE
    74 - Bacarri Rambo - FS
    136 - Dwayne Gratz - CB

I can easily go in depth about every selection and would gladly respond to any critiques. These are some of my favorite prospects and would set this franchise up for a decade.
    I'll bite. Me and have you have established our positions on Jordan, no need to revisit that. We'll just say OLB.

Patterson. Lets talk about it. I say bad pick. Not only is he a project, but there's better value at positions of need for Jets at 13. I'd rather you picked Eifert here or a guard AND Reed later on.

I'll trust you on Rambo, we obviously agree on Lattimore & Reed, and I'm OK with Pugh.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I'll bite. Me and have you have established our positions on Jordan, no need to revisit that. We'll just say OLB.

Patterson. Lets talk about it. I say bad pick. Not only is he a project, but there's better value at positions of need for Jets at 13. I'd rather you picked Eifert here or a guard AND Reed later on.

I'll trust you on Rambo, we obviously agree on Lattimore & Reed, and I'm OK with Pugh.
    One of my professors are a huge Tennessee fan, and we've had multiple conversations about Cordarrelle. The first time I watched some of his tape, I HATED him. Called him a flat out bust in the making. Really didn't like his hands, caught everything with his chest. Then, I dig deeper.

65 1013 15.6 8 - Plaxico Burress
    66 1362 20.6 9 - Keyshawn Johnson
    46 840 18.3 9 - Michael Irvin
    43 860 20.0 8 - Steve Smith
    33 713 21.6 6 - Chad Johnson
    46 778 16.9 8 - Cordarrelle Patterson

Juco WR's ALWAYS struggle in their first year at D1 college ball. Cordarrelle is an elite talent athletically. His YAC capability is unmatched in this draft, similar to Tavon Austin. However, Cordarrelle is 6'2, Tavon is 5'9. He reminds me of Randy Moss in the sense that he is so quick out of his breaks and is so fast and fluid running with the football. However, he needs to learn how to catch the ball at his highest point and work on his route running. Two very coachable flaws. He's a risk, a risk that I'm up to take.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not his production that worries me, I can definitely tell he's YAC force. It's HOW he's produced. Gimmicky spread stuff & slants. I saw very little to suggest he's won't be eaten alive by NFL secondaries.

I'd wager he'll be utterly useless in year 1 outside of a handful of by-design plays and year 2 will be up and down. It's going to take him 3 years to grow into a legit #1 as far as i can tell.

Take a look at Roddy White's numbers. That's what you can expect.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    DeAndre Hopkins is a better choice than Corderelle Patterson

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not his production that worries me, I can definitely tell he's YAC force. It's HOW he's produced. Gimmicky spread stuff & slants. I saw very little to suggest he's won't be eaten alive by NFL secondaries.

I'd wager he'll be utterly useless in year 1 outside of a handful of by-design plays and year 2 will be up and down. It's going to take him 3 years to grow into a legit #1 as far as i can tell.

Take a look at Roddy White's numbers. That's what you can expect.
    Roddy White is a totally different type of player. More of a Hopkins than Cordarrelle.

Year one he'd be a slot weapon. Used a lot on screens, slants, and 9's routes as well. His route running needs work, but he is much more polished coming out than Hill, and actually has natural hands.

He's just as athletic as a Tavon Austin except he's 6'2 with more vertical ability.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Roddy White is a totally different type of player. More of a Hopkins than Cordarrelle.

Year one he'd be a slot weapon. Used a lot on screens, slants, and 9's routes as well. His route running needs work, but he is much more polished coming out than Hill, and actually has natural hands.

He's just as athletic as a Tavon Austin except he's 6'2 with more vertical ability.
    Austin scares me bc he reminds me a lot of WR/McCluster. I would Luv HOPKINS on the /jets at WR..

Hopkins
    Holmes
    Kerley
    Hill
    Edwards

Gates or White

STOP THAT!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Austin scares me bc he reminds me a lot of WR/McCluster. I would Luv HOPKINS on the /jets at WR..

Hopkins
    Holmes
    Kerley
    Hill
    Edwards

Gates or White

STOP THAT!!!

McCluster ran a 4.58
    Austin ran a 4.31

McCluster was a quick guy who didn't have a position. RB/WR hyprid. Never ran a route in college really. Austin was a pure WR throughout college. Great hands, really strong, and can run routes.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    All mocks should include a QB inround 1,2, or 3.

QB is our biggest need and the most important position on the field.

Other than that Nice Mock.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    All mocks should include a QB inround 1,2, or 3.

QB is our biggest need and the most important position on the field.

Other than that Nice Mock.
    QB's suck in this draft. Break down film of them, then break down 2014 QB's.

Bridgewater, Mariota, Manziel, Boyd >>>>>>>> Geno, Nassib, Glennon, Manuel

Why draft a Claussen or Colt McCoy? Rather build the weapons now and QB when a stud arrises.

Bridgewater is the real deal. Manziel reminds me of Russell Wilson. Probably faster. Mariota reminds me of Kapernick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

9 - Dion Jordan - PR
    39 - Justin Pugh - OG
    73 - Jordan Reed - TE
    74 - Bacarri Rambo - FS
    136 - Dwayne Gratz - CB

Jordan isn't making it down to 9 IMO. You have Jax and Detroit that will be looking for a pass rusher and he looks the best. Even is Jax takes Jones I think the Lions will have Jordan #1 on their charts. I dont think anyone really buys into Werner as a pass rusher. Out side of that I hate every pick in this. I'd give it a D it it happened in real life. Too many knee jerk reaction picks on over valued guys. Why on earth do people like Rambo? Great movie I'm not drafting the guy that damn early. Or a RB that may never play again.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Why draft a Claussen or Colt McCoy? Rather build the weapons now and QB when a stud arrises.

Bridgewater is the real deal. Manziel reminds me of Russell Wilson. Probably faster. Mariota reminds me of Kapernick.
    Last year everybody was singing the praises of Barkley, now he's a "mid round prospect on some boards. Mark my words Barkley will be a steal in the second round. Bridgewater and Manziel have major questions too.

Geno looks to be the real deal. Glennon and Bray have elite arm talent. Mannuel has everything physically you could ever want.

I want one of those 5. And the Jets will select Geno if he falls to #9.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

lol I love the assumption on this. You do realize the reason Boyd stayed was the draft board gave him a 4th round projection this year right? But yeah he is much better then those guys easy. lololol Manziel is more Tebow then Wilson only smaller then either. Not a 1st round guy and likely not declaring anyway. Marcus Mariota are we pimping the whole 2016 draft class now. You have no clue if these guys will even be able to declare much less declare. You may want to follow your own advice with Bridgewater. Louisville is basically playing all low ranked teams now. The Big East is a shell and Loui didn't play one ranked opponent till their bowl game. It is basically like USC playing ND every year and calling it their big game. Yeah he looked good vs Florida but your still talking 1 game. Bridgewater very much has buyer beware written all over him IMO. Next years class is bad. Not one SR is worth even a 2nd rounder not even Boyd. I guess this is always the grass is greener. I wonder if the same people will be saying the same things next year. lol but 2015 looks even better!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    lol I love the assumption on this. You do realize the reason Boyd stayed was the draft board gave him a 4th round projection this year right? But yeah he is much better then those guys easy. lololol Manziel is more Tebow then Wilson only smaller then either. Not a 1st round guy and likely not declaring anyway. Marcus Mariota are we pimping the whole 2016 draft class now. You have no clue if these guys will even be able to declare much less declare. You may want to follow your own advice with Bridgewater. Louisville is basically playing all low ranked teams now. The Big East is a shell and Loui didn't play one ranked opponent till their bowl game. It is basically like USC playing ND every year and calling it their big game. Yeah he looked good vs Florida but your still talking 1 game. Bridgewater very much has buyer beware written all over him IMO. Next years class is bad. Not one SR is worth even a 2nd rounder not even Boyd. I guess this is always the grass is greener. I wonder if the same people will be saying the same things next year. lol but 2015 looks even better!

Uh... no. (Manziel is 6'1 Russell is 5'10)

However, I'm not in love with Boyd as much as the other 3 in all honesty.

1. Bridge
    2. Mariota
    3. Manziel
    4. Boyd

Last year I said along with many others on FF.com that this QB class was weaker than past.

Barkley was the 3rd or 4th best QB in that draft, coming off a HUGE year. Geno wasn't even hyped at all. Manuel was viewed as a complete project. Wilson ended up having a terrible year, and Landry didn't improve. Guys like Glennon weren't hyped up either.

Bridgewater is the REAL deal.
    How is Manziel like Tebow? Don't come at here with blind assumptions. Tebow was a RB with a historically slow and awkward release. Manziel slings the ball out of his hands and has a huge arm.

Mariota is a favorite of mine, and is eligible this year. Stud all around. 6'5 runs a sub 4.5 laser arm, great decision maker.

If there are 2 Starting Above Average QB's in this draft, I'd be surprised.
    Last edited by K-Ro 25; 03-24-2013 at 02:13 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    Last year everybody was singing the praises of Barkley, now he's a "mid round prospect on some boards. Mark my words Barkley will be a steal in the second round. Bridgewater and Manziel have major questions too.

Geno looks to be the real deal. Glennon and Bray have elite arm talent. Mannuel has everything physically you could ever want.

I want one of those 5. And the Jets will select Geno if he falls to #9.
    I doubt he falls and/or we select him. We have so many other holes to fill.

Also, arm talent is the least possessed trait to own. Tons of QB's have arm talent, but can't QB a team.

People are reaching on these QB's. Bray had 4 NFL caliber WR's and was inconsistent as ever, and has attitude problems. How many QB's have attitude problems? I want a leader.

Glennon doesn't impress me. Wildly inconsistent accuracy. Arm isn't Flacco like. Literally immobile in the pocket.

Barkley was disappointing last year. I think he'll be a solid pro. I wouldn't want to build my team around him though. I want a top 5 guy for this Franchise.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jordan isn't making it down to 9 IMO. You have Jax and Detroit that will be looking for a pass rusher and he looks the best. Even is Jax takes Jones I think the Lions will have Jordan #1 on their charts. I dont think anyone really buys into Werner as a pass rusher. Out side of that I hate every pick in this. I'd give it a D it it happened in real life. Too many knee jerk reaction picks on over valued guys. Why on earth do people like Rambo? Great movie I'm not drafting the guy that damn early. Or a RB that may never play again.
    Overhyped? Lol ok...

Cleveland and Jax are only threats for Dion. If Mingo or Geno go 2 and Ansah goes 5 he'll drop.

Also, Jordan Reed was an elite talent all year in Florida.

We're going to be terrible next year anyway, I'd rather have a stashed diamond, who is well on his way to playing in 2013.

Have you ever watched Rambo? Like seriously? Rambo was the star of that D, and in my opinion stood out in front of guys like Ogletree and Jones. He has 2nd round talent with a 6th round head. He's a playmaking ball hawk that can lay the lumber. Every big game he shined.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    While i'm not going to get into the whole 2013 vs 2014 QB class argument, I will say that i've done some homework on Bridgewater over the last week, and i would take him, hands down, over every QB mentioned in this thread. And it's not even close. That dude is for real.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll leave at this. I wasn't implying that Roddy and Patterson are the same kind of WR, cause they're not, but only that you can expect the same kind of numbers over their first 2 seasons. Translation - low.

You say Patterson's NFL early production will come from screens, slants and 9s, only he's not percy harvin. He won't blow up early on that role. He'll have Bey-bey like production early on. Limited. NFL secondaries will shut that sh*t down. He plays great in space, but he's not elusive, and he's not shifty.

Understand that I'm not saying Patterson won't be a great NFL WR, only that he's not the WR ppl are billing him to be. He's a project with major development upside. He's a late 1st, early 2nd talent. Lack of true elite talent at the position has pushed him up. I would take Hopkins over him in a heartbeat.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll leave at this. I wasn't implying that Roddy and Patterson are the same kind of WR, cause they're not, but only that you can expect the same kind of numbers over their first 2 seasons. Translation - low.

You say Patterson's NFL early production will come from screens, slants and 9s, only he's not percy harvin. He won't blow up early on that role. He'll have Bey-bey like production early on. Limited. NFL secondaries will shut that sh*t down. He plays great in space, but he's not elusive, and he's not shifty.

Understand that I'm not saying Patterson won't be a great NFL WR, only that he's not the WR ppl are billing him to be. He's a project with major development upside. He's a late 1st, early 2nd talent. Lack of true elite talent at the position has pushed him up. I would take Hopkins over him in a heartbeat.
    Yes, I tend to agree with you on your analysis on Cordarrelle. However, his cuts are so fluid, and his explosiveness is unmatched in this draft. That's why I see a lot of Randy Moss in his game. He doesn't have the ability to run routes like Moss, who wasn't even spectacular at that, nor does he have his height or ability to catch the ball at his highest point like Moss, but his strides and acceleration compare to Randy.

I watched some of Randy's tape at Marshall then looked at Cordarrelle's tape. Very similar. Their lateral quickness and overall explosiveness is unmatched.

DHB was a combine freak. He had no explosiveness or quickness to his game. He was a straight line speedster, who in fact reminds me a lot of Stephen Hill. His hands were always questionable, and he never really showed anything at Ole Miss.

Cordarrelle however is a much different prospect. He lives off his explosiveness and lateral quickness. He's also built well at 6'2. Very different players. DHB was a track like athlete. Cordarelle is an NFL like athlete. He has a lot more fast twitch muscle in him. Also, his vision reminds me of Brandon Marshall. He's sneaky, I love it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    While i'm not going to get into the whole 2013 vs 2014 QB class argument, I will say that i've done some homework on Bridgewater over the last week, and i would take him, hands down, over every QB mentioned in this thread. And it's not even close. That dude is for real.
    Watch tape of Nassib then watch tape of Mariota (who was a RS freshman last year). 2014 QB draft class is orgasmic, and I've never been the type to overhype the next years draft class.

First time ever really.