Pitoitua/DE 6'7 315 might be headed back to Jets

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

For cheap depth, sign me up

Ljr

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    For cheap depth, sign me up

Ljr
    Yep he know Rex's system and we need some vet help after De Vito's departure. Having that type of size on the line with Wilks, Coples, Garay, Ellis and Harrison plattoning in front makes life much easier for DPR's like Barnes, hopefully we can pick up Butler before the draft and get Jarvis Jones too

Jets Insider VIP
    I can't read the article because it warns 'malware' when I click on it so I don't know what it says, but I always liked him and wasn't sure why he was let go. I know he was on IR for a year but after that I thought he had done well. I thought he was old but looking him up - he's only 27!

A few of the beat writers mentioned that he was most likely NOT going to sign but most of those guys are useless anyway..would love to add him...the injury pretty much ended his jet career

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

no thanks. he wasnt good enough the first time around. it amazes me how a scrub we cut becomes available and everyone is giddy, yet vilma or washington become available and nobody wants them.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    no thanks. he wasnt good enough the first time around. it amazes me how a scrub we cut becomes available and everyone is giddy, yet vilma or washington become available and nobody wants them.
    +1

I will never understand how we lost all that great DE depth we had last year. Pit, Dixon, and Jay Richardson all looked good in pre last year and we cut all 3.

All Pro
    His name is cool, but his play isnt that good.

Depth? maybe.

Personally i recall him making about 5-6 plays in his time as a Jet.

If he's healthy, would be a solid replacement for DeVito.

He's injury prone, but I'll take him as the Jets are desperate need of depth.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    His name is cool, but his play isnt that good.

Depth? maybe.

Personally i recall him making about 5-6 plays in his time as a Jet.
    I think Richardson, Coples, and Dixon took all the 2nd team rep. Pit only played 3rd team. Did look good but yeah 3rd team. Wish we had cut Devito last year so Dixon was still on the roster. They only cut him when Devito was 100%. I think to add more bad CB which we never used.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I think Richardson, Coples, and Dixon took all the 2nd team rep. Pit only played 3rd team. Did look good but yeah 3rd team. Wish we had cut Devito last year so Dixon was still on the roster. They only cut him when Devito was 100%. I think to add more bad CB which we never used.
    or needed.

Because A: Vilma doesn't fit our scheme and has already been easily replaced.

and B: They are both on the downside of their careers.

Do you seriously think before you post this drivel?? McKnight is just as good as Washington at this point and has plenty of years ahead of him. On top of that, why in gods name would we want to sign Vilma to a contract at this point? We're already overpaying one overrated MLB (Who is still better than the guy he replaced) why would we want to sign another? Are you really not able to comprehend how we are trying to build this team? What's really amazing is how attached some fans still are to aging ex-jets who were fan favorites and would do just about anything to get them back. Things such as clamoring for the team to sign them again despite the fact that there is literally zero need for them on this roster.

FWIW, Pitoitua wasn't bad when he left this team. The coaches were pretty high on him but he ended up getting hurt in the '10 pre-season and Devito ended up filling his role. Unfortunately for Ropati, Mike ended up becoming one of the more solid 3-4 DE's in the league and he got to keep his spot. Now Devito is gone and we need guys for depth while we bring Coples along and thrust him into the starting spot. Really don't understand how anyone with any shred of football knowledge could have a real issue with this move. He's cheap and coming off a really solid year with KC. Perfect replacement for Devito. Especially since he knows the system.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 03-24-2013 at 01:30 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    not sure what you were watching but he was actually playing quite well before he tore his achilles in that pre season game......do some of you even watch a player before you speak....the man was far from a scrub.

Hall Of Fame
    I would rather see Dixon return. I always thought he was a decent player and he comes cheap.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    I'd rather have Marcus Dixon back. He had passrush ability and was a very determined player. Pito has great size and ??????

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    not sure what you were watching but he was actually playing quite well before he tore his achilles in that pre season game......do some of you even watch a player before you speak....the man was far from a scrub.
    He is talking about Pito AFTER he returned from surgery! He lost substantial speed not that he had any to begin with. The guy has great size but still struggles to be a dominant player. There are better guys out there who are just as cheap! Marcu Dixon is the one!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    If he's healthy, would be a solid replacement for DeVito.
    But we can get better Ray. Dixon is a far better player then Pito and just as cheap!