Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pitoitua/DE 6'7 315 might be headed back to Jets

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    You insisted he would come cheaply

You're guessing he would come for a 'cheap' 2-3 million, which he has already turned down.

And I don't believe it is such a great mystery to know whether he is 'past his time'. I don't think we need to pay him 4-5 million in order to find out.
    neither do i. what is nfl cheap these days? what price should the jets pay for a lb leader who could help a young rebuilding team on and off the field.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    neither do i. what is nfl cheap these days? what price should the jets pay for a lb leader who could help a young rebuilding team on and off the field.
    You are aware they are saddled with salary cap issues bequeathed upon them by Tanny, right? Preventing them from paying what they 'should' pay in favor of what they 'can' pay. Never mind, awareness is obviously not one of your qualities.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are aware they are saddled with salary cap issues bequeathed upon them by Tanny, right? Preventing them from paying what they 'should' pay in favor of what they 'can' pay. Never mind, awareness is obviously not one of your qualities.
    im quite aware of the salary cap restraints this team is in. i was hoping mark sanchez would restructure as others did. there seems to be some money i just hope its spent wisely.

as we speak our starting lbs are harris-davis-mcintyre-mauga............

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    im quite aware of the salary cap restraints this team is in. i was hoping mark sanchez would restructure as others did. there seems to be some money i just hope its spent wisely.

I am going to find a block of wood to talk to now.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    Seems everybody is basing this off what he did or didn't do as a Jet.I'm pretty sure he started for KC last year and posted 50 tackles with a couple of sacks.We're talking depth here and presumably cheap so if we were to lose a guy like Wilk or Coples then having a still young back-up whose capable of starting can't be the worst move in the world.

Would rather that than drafting another DL when we have greater needs to fill even in the mid to late rounds.

Bleacherreport(yeah I know) had him rated s one of the top 30 3-4 DL in the league....interestingly Coples and Wilkerson were up there too with Mo ranked No2 behind only JJ Watt
    I love our Dline - with Mo and Q. If Ellis can be 80% of Big Jenks, watch out. At 6'8", maybe Ropati can help bat down some passes...

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good. But when you click on a link to news about a player returning and get a warning that malware is ahead, it's good to stop and pause and consider.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to find a block of wood to talk to now.
    Make sure you shoot at it a few times to bring it down to GMC's level of comprehension.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Is he?

Dixon was on the street and signed after the season ended. Pito was a starter in KC.
    But KC decided to let PITO go. If he was a starter, why is he out looking for work now? For us I like Dixon better. He can rush the passr and get some heat on him. Pito resembles a staute who jumps to knock down passes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

OLB - BARNES

ILB - HARRIS

ILB- DAVIS ???

OLB - DRAFT PIC PROB?

Mauga & McIntyre hav xperience in 34 but jets still need one OLB . jmo..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    OLB - BARNES

ILB - HARRIS

ILB- DAVIS ???

OLB - DRAFT PIC PROB?

Mauga & McIntyre hav xperience in 34 but jets still need one OLB . jmo..
    i totally forgot about barnes. thanks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    But KC decided to let PITO go. If he was a starter, why is he out looking for work now? For us I like Dixon better. He can rush the passr and get some heat on him. Pito resembles a staute who jumps to knock down passes.
    But Dixon is already signed ... so it's academic.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    But Dixon is already signed ... so it's academic.
    we are just discussing both players. I still like Dixon. Ray did not convince me that Pito was a better player for us. I think he does not know that Dixon is Pito's replacement with KC. LOL
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 03-24-2013 at 03:04 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i totally forgot about barnes. thanks
    I Don't know much bout him.. Hope he can get to the Qb..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    As I said, Pito could be looking for a better deal. Dixon is just looking for work, as of now he is camp fodder that will try and make the team.

You said Dixon is far better than Pito, which doesn't make sense, one played and started last year, the other was on his couch for most of the year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    no thanks. he wasnt good enough the first time around. it amazes me how a scrub we cut becomes available and everyone is giddy, yet vilma or washington become available and nobody wants them.
    Just because you've heard of a player does not mean they are good anymore. Roll your eyes all you want, but it's amazing that no one ever understands your point, and you never think that maybe you're the one that doesn't know what he's talking about. Either that or you are just so over our heads that no one ever gets it. I'm sticking with you being wrong for the time being.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pito is solid against the run, but he's got no pass rush. Maybe he did lose something when he got hurt, because he seemed to have some burst. I think he got two sacks in his first start then no more, and only a couple pressures the rest of the year. He played almost every down for them too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Decent depth move

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Pito is solid against the run, but he's got no pass rush. Maybe he did lose something when he got hurt, because he seemed to have some burst. I think he got two sacks in his first start then no more, and only a couple pressures the rest of the year. He played almost every down for them too.
    Suitable replacement for DeVito then, stopping the run was his strength.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Suitable replacement for DeVito then, stopping the run was his strength.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/25/titans-sign-ropati-pitoitua/

And to put a neat little bow on this thread, Pito signs with the Titans.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Signed with the Titties this morning. Solid depth signing I think... Titans DL needs some beef.