Thread: Good Bars/Restaurants around Barclay's Center

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images

Good Bars/Restaurants around Barclay's Center

Anyone have the 411 on good places to get food and drinks outside the Barclay's Center? Got tix to Joe Walsh/Bob Seger in a few weeks and we're looking for some nice pre-concert spots to hang. Taking the LIRR in. Thanks Peeps!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Across the street in the mall you have a Buffalo Wild Wings and Applebees and Juniors not far down Flatbush ave....but I believe the other way on Flatbush, towards seventh ave there are some restaurants and bars...a lot of places are opening soon though...depends how far you are willing to venture

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Yeah....go to the Vanderbilt - on Vanderbilt and Bergen. If you're taking the subway, take the train to Bergen St. And walk 2-3 blocks against traffic.

Great food and very good bar space. Went there for Mumford & Sons. We intended to go in for the opening acts but couldn't pull ourselves away from the bar for some reason. Had a good happy hour too if I remember correctly.

If you're looking for good beer, Uncle Barry's is a great spot.
    If you like old time joints you can't beat the Brooklyn Inn which isn't too far away, it's from the 1870s.
    There's so many tho...it depends on what your crowd is looking for.
    Google where to eat/drink at the Barclay's Center too, but you knew that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Saw the Stones at Barclays back in December and a bunch of us went to Mullane's first. It's a short walk to Barclays and it gets a nice crowd but not overcrowded.

I checked the place out before the show and took these pics. We had a great time there.

Mullane's Bar & Grill
    71 Lafayette Avenue - Fort Green - Brooklyn, NY 11217
    (718) 797-7606
    http://www.mullanesbrooklyn.com/

Hours: Bar: Mon–Sun: 11am–4am | Kitchen Hours: Mon-Thurs: until 1am, Fri & Sat: until 2am, Sun until 1am
    Directions: C at Lafayette Ave; G at Fulton St; B, Q, R, M, 2, 3, 4, 5 to Atlantic Ave | Cross Street: South Elliot Place
    2 Blocks from the Barclay Center

Mullane's is on the corner of Lafayette Ave & South Elliot Place.

Beers on tap

A bit blurry but there are tables enough to seat 30 plus in the back and plenty more standing. And that's not including the bar area and tables around there. The occupancy is about 160.

Last edited by crossfire; 03-24-2013 at 12:35 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Joe Walsh shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence, let alone do a show with Bob Seeger.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Joe Walsh shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence, let alone do a show with Bob Seeger.
    I dont know Guy, my old man might disagree with you on that....

(I always thught Joe Walsh is a pretty well respected guitarist)

Back on topic, I meant to mention if you wanted to wow people, Blue Ribbon in Park Slope has some amazing sushi, main courses, and incredible fried chicken. It's often ranked as one of the best fried chicken in the country.
    http://www.blueribbonrestaurants.com...oklyn_menu.pdf

Edit: (Though you could just trek into the hood and get amazing fried chicken from an array of joints that Travel and Leisure writers are too white and scared to go to. 1/4 the price, 2x as good.)
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 03-24-2013 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Over priced fried chicken pisses me off sometimes.

Excuse me? I respect Seeger, but you're showing your youth and ignorance. Don't think of Walsh with The Eagles, a glorified "easy listening" Vegas act.
    Go do some research on The James Gang and listen to what Walsh wrote and played back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I dont know Guy, my old man might disagree with you on that....

(I always thught Joe Walsh is a pretty well respected guitarist)

He was, and still is. As a member of The James Gang (1968-71), and as a solo artist, Walsh's monster guitar tone and musicality are legendary amongst rock luminaries and aficionados.

Hall Of Fame
    No disrespect Borgo, I think Walsh is alright but Seeger is a legend in my mind. Walsh in my mind is the face of q1043 over rated over played mediocrity. Personal taste I suppose.

No disrespect Borgo, I think Walsh is alright but Seeger is a legend in my mind. Walsh in my mind is the face of q1043 over rated over played mediocrity. Personal taste I suppose.
    None on my part either, Ruby2. We all like what we like.

All I'll say is that Walsh's work back in the late 60s/early 70s influenced a legion of guitarists. Not to be demeaning to Seeger, but back in his heyday,
    his music was regarded as lighter/pop-ier than most of the hard rock acts. And, once again, I like and respect Seeger's music immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Excuse me? I respect Seeger, but you're showing your youth and ignorance. Don't think of Walsh with The Eagles, a glorified "easy listening" Vegas act.
    Go do some research on The James Gang and listen to what Walsh wrote and played back then.

He was, and still is. As a member of The James Gang (1968-71), and as a solo artist, Walsh's monster guitar tone and musicality are legendary amongst rock luminaries and aficionados.
    +1
    I didnt want to derail the thread tryin to school the whippersnappers so I avoided much of this, but all you have to do is youtube Joe Walsh.
    And then you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    +1
    I didnt want to derail the thread tryin to school the whippersnappers so I avoided much of this, but all you have to do is youtube Joe Walsh.
    And then you know.
    Darry Hall's words at the opening of the video, and especially beginning at approx. 1:19. This was one of my favorite Live from Darry's House.

May I also say that if you have not seen Hall's program, you are missing something truly great. Just a bunch of tremendously talented musicians
    (from all genres) hanging around and playing. Incredibly entertaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPV6nKrhOGg

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Either way should make for a good show.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Cobble Hill is a bit if stroll down Atlantic Av but my friend runs the Brazen Head. Across the street is Pete's Waterfront Ale House. This will be my plan if I make a Nets game this yr.