Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Silver Linings PLaybook

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    He dies in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    He dies in the end.
    You better be kidding or I will find you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post

He dies in the end.
    but only because she kills herself.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Of course I am, I want to see it too. A crazy Eagle fan.
    Oh, I'll be waiting.

Hall Of Fame
    Of course I am, I want to see it too. A crazy Eagle fan.
    Oh, I'll be waiting.

Piers Morgan hates you.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Don't get the movie. It's a rom com with semi-serious undertone just cuz of the way it's marketed and Deniro is in it in his worst performance ever. Jennifer Lawrence is the most overrated female in Hollywood today or possibly ever. Ok body with zero favce and horrible stuckup personality. Julia Stiles was way hotter in this movie but ofcourse she's not a Hunger Games person so the hype machine doesn't care.
    Wow, I couldn't disagree with you more. Forget the comment on her looks. Attractiveness is always so subjective anyway. But what I have seen , in her public persona at least, she seems remarkably grounded, intelligent, and mature for a 22 year old. And unlike Stiles, the girl has serious acting chops. Did you see her in Winter's Bone? Awesome job in that role. I happened to like this movie. But I also happen to think she's pretty hot, too.

Oh, and Deniro's been mailing it in for decades.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 03-25-2013 at 09:22 PM.

It definitely was an over-rated movie.

They tried too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Wow, I couldn't disagree with you more. Forget the comment on her looks. Attractiveness is always so subjective anyway. But what I have seen , in her public persona at least, she seems remarkably grounded, intelligent, and mature for a 22 year old.
    I guess we're watching a different person. I'm looking at a butterface who has serious case of "I'm better than you-itis" just b/c she's in some stupid franchise that makes Twilight look like Citizen Kane and was in some overhyped rom com.

Rookie
    I guess we're watching a different person. I'm looking at a butterface who has serious case of "I'm better than you-itis" just b/c she's in some stupid franchise that makes Twilight look like Citizen Kane and was in some overhyped rom com.
    What makes you remotely qualified to make any of these statements? Are you just a crumudgen??

I wasn't blown away by it, but it was worth a watch and she played her part well. Did you see her in Winter's Bone? She was incredible in that. Not sure why you hate on her just because she had a lead role in what will become a very successful successful franchise. I also don't know what you see that makes you think she's stuck up. I've never had the same impression after watching interviews on talk shows. To each his own.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    It definitely was an over-rated movie.

They tried too hard.
    they should have tried less - maybe casted Jim Belushi

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    they should have tried less - maybe casted Jim Belushi
    Pat Sajak in a breakthrough--against type--role.

Hall Of Fame
    Pat Sajak in a breakthrough--against type--role.
    have him kick someone's a*s

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I wasn't blown away by it, but it was worth a watch and she played her part well. Did you see her in Winter's Bone? She was incredible in that. Not sure why you hate on her just because she had a lead role in what will become a very successful successful franchise. I also don't know what you see that makes you think she's stuck up. I've never had the same impression after watching interviews on talk shows. To each his own.
    I think your assessment is on time. I really enjoyed the movie and really liked all of the performances really. Save for maybe DiNero. I thought she was probably the best part of the movie although Bradley Cooper was excellent also. I saw Zero Dark Thirty and thought for certain Chastain would take the Oscar. When Lawrence won, it confirmed the fact that I needed to see this one. I think the Oscar went to the right person. I think Lawrence did a great job in ranging from emotion to emotion and I think even in silence, she did a fantastic job showing the intensity of the situation (when he's reading the letter, her posture and body language alone adds so much to the moment).

As for The Hunger Games series, I think anyone knocking that at this point either didn't read the books, is a Battle Royale champion, or some combination thereof. People are treating the series as one stand-alone movie right now. Not even close to accurate. When all is said and done, will be much more significant or even entertaining than Twilight. Harry Potter? LOTR? No, not there. But far and away better than Twilight.

Lets be honest here, Bradley Cooper gave the best performance in that movie. It's a shame he died in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Lets be honest here, Bradley Cooper gave the best performance in that movie. It's a shame he died in the end.
    Please tell me he was suffocated to death by Jen's private area as she was in the throes of orgasm.

Rookie
    Please tell me he was suffocated to death by Jen's private area as she was in the throes of orgasm.
    I never thought I'd know how I wanted to die.

Until now.

So you DID see the movie?!

Hall Of Fame
    i thought you guys were talking about Anderson Cooper