Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 125

Thread: woody johnson promotes wwe wrestling/wrestlemania.

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Can you admit that you're wrong on this issue? Johnson promotted the Bon Jovi concert at Metlife

    http://www.metlifestadium.com/3_home_releases.php?id=10

    He's also promoted other events because he OWNS the stadium.

    Of course, you can still think Johnson is a clown for other reasons. But on this issue your criticism of him is absurd.
    i dont see woody johnson anywhere in that pic holding up a guitar or with bon jovi?

  2. #102
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i dont see woody johnson anywhere in that pic holding up a guitar or with bon jovi?
    Wait, you mean this picture?



    or this?



    I gave you a press release and pic. Man up and admit you're wrong on this issue.

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Wait, you mean this picture?



    or this?



    I gave you a press release and pic. Man up and admit you're wrong on this issue.
    ok so he supported bon jovi in the inaugural metlife stadium concert what about other venues? soccer,chesney concert etc................

  4. #104
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    25,563
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

    So GMC says the Jets are a circus only looking for headlines and chasing the big names?

    Really?

    The same guy who wants to sign a 35 year old Brian Urlacher, for no other reason than the name on the back of his jersey?

    TX is a million times more tolerable than this goof.

  5. #105
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,175
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

    So GMC says the Jets are a circus only looking for headlines and chasing the big names?

    Really?

    The same guy who wants to sign a 35 year old Brian Urlacher, for no other reason than the name on the back of his jersey?

    TX is a million times more tolerable than this goof.
    +1

    GoofusMC is the worst

  6. #106
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    ok so he supported bon jovi in the inaugural metlife stadium concert what about other venues? soccer,chesney concert etc................
    Oh, I see that you're not man enough to admit that you're wrong on this issue.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

    The same guy who wants to sign a 35 year old Brian Urlacher, for no other reason than the name on the back of a jersey
    i said urlacher brings vet prescence and leadership to a young team on and off the field.

    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Oh, I see that you're not man enough to admit that you're wrong on this issue.
    so he supported 1 other venue out of many others what about the rest?

  8. #108
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    so he supported 1 other venue out of many others what about the rest?
    I'm not going to do more research just to further prove you're dead wrong here because everyone knows you're wrong anyway.

    Except Copernicus who somehow equated a woman dying from diabetes with pro wrestlers taking steroids.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    I'm not going to do more research just to further prove you're dead wrong here because everyone knows you're wrong anyway.

    Except Copernicus who somehow equated a woman dying from diabetes with pro wrestlers taking steroids.
    there is none to be found. so he promoted 2 venues out of many at metlife. i would fully expect him to promote an inaugural concert but i havent seen any others up until the wwe circus comes to town. how fitting for woody the ring master of circuses.

  10. #110
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,836
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    In Greek mythology, Nike (Greek: Νίκη, "Victory", pronounced [nǐːkɛː]) was a goddess who personified victory.
    So youre a chick??

  11. #111
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    NJ Transit running rail service to Meadowlands for WrestleMania

    New York Jets owner Woody Johnson, left, and New York Giants President and CEO John Mara appear with their new championship belts and WWE star Triple H during the press conference to announce MetLife Stadium will be hosting Wrestlemania XXIX on April 7, 2013. John Munson/The Star-Ledger
    You would never see Mara do something like this.... oh wait.

  12. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    So youre a chick??
    nope i like chics especially victorious ones.
    Last edited by Nike; 03-25-2013 at 01:22 PM.

  13. #113
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,836
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    there is none to be found. so he promoted 2 venues out of many at metlife. i would fully expect him to promote an inaugural concert but i havent seen any others up until the wwe circus comes to town. how fitting for woody the ring master of circuses.
    As has been stated over and over again in this thread, Wrestlemania is HUGE gate.... no comparison to concerts and bmx and rodeo events. THAT's why he's out there WITH Giants ownership doing a photo op with WWE management, to promote a HUGE, first ever event at their stadium. Im sure they want a sellout, SRO, so the WWE comes back in the future for major PPV events. Its a no-brainer, so Im surprised you don't understand it.

  14. #114
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,235
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bottom line is this:

    The product on the football field has NO CONNECTION with promotions outside of the football spectrum.

    The Yankees promoting college football in Yankee Stadium doesn't have a connection to the Yankees successes and failures.

    It is also very telling that NO MEDIA OUTLET has mentioned this as a criticism when they have been itching for the chance to pile on the Jets recently. Because they know there is no connection.

    Nike, your argument is ridiculous, illogical, and frankly embarrassing.

    Case Closed.

    /thread

  15. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Bottom line is this:

    The product on the football field has NO CONNECTION with promotions outside of the football spectrum.

    The Yankees promoting college football in Yankee Stadium doesn't have a connection to the Yankees successes and failures.

    Nike, your argument is ridiculous, illogical, and frankly embarrassing.

    Case Closed.

    /thread
    your opinion. woody johnson is all about the money and not about winning championships. leon hess would never have done this. case closed.

  16. #116
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,235
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    your opinion. woody johnson is all about the money and not about winning championships. leon hess would never have done this. case closed.
    And how good was Leon Hess? Woody wiped the floor with Leon Hess in terms of team success. And don't even bring up Leon's ring. That was Sonny Werblin's ring, not Hess's.

    And it's not opinion. IT'S FACT BASED ON EVIDENCE.

    And if you can't understand this, then you need help with logical thinking.

  17. #117
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,286
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

    So GMC says the Jets are a circus only looking for headlines and chasing the big names?

    Really?

    The same guy who wants to sign a 35 year old Brian Urlacher, for no other reason than the name on the back of his jersey?

    TX is a million times more tolerable than this goof.
    ^^^ This is like saying SARS is preferable to Ebola

  18. #118
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,088
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

    So GMC says the Jets are a circus only looking for headlines and chasing the big names?

    Really?

    The same guy who wants to sign a 35 year old Brian Urlacher, for no other reason than the name on the back of his jersey?

    TX is a million times more tolerable than this goof.
    LOL......this place was so much better when GMC was banned. There was intelligent discussions about football, now the board is cluttered with asinine threads from him.

  19. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    And how good was Leon Hess? Woody wiped the floor with Leon Hess in terms of team success. And don't even bring up Leon's ring. That was Sonny Werblin's ring, not Hess's.

    And it's not opinion. IT'S FACT BASED ON EVIDENCE.

    And if you can't understand this, then you need help with logical thinking.
    success in the nfl is winning the super bowl.

    woody johnson couldnt wipe the ass of leon hess and wont until he wins a super bowl.

  20. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL......this place was so much better when GMC was banned. There was intelligent discussions about football, now the board is cluttered with asinine threads from him.
    gmc isnt even here.

    then dont participate in the thread discussion easy to ignore instead of making false accusations and ridiculing right?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us