Thread: Trade down or stay pat?

Trade down or stay pat?

I like the idea of trading down this year but it might be difficult, too many players losing stature in this draft and outside of Joeckel, Fisher, Warmack and Milliner I just don't see any for sure prospects in this draft. Will Geno Smith slide to us? He's the only player I would consider there. I think Colon erases the need for Warmack so high. None of the pass rushers appeal to me that high... Maybe Dion Jordan... Maybe. I don't want a midget receiver, but Patterson might work.

Still, I would rather see the Jets move down and pick up and extra 3rd and 5th rounder, this draft is deep, just not at the top.
    Last edited by Slikmojet; 03-24-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Depends on who is available at the time the Jets pick.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Depends on who is available at the time the Jets pick.
    agree,though i would prefer to stay put and draft a player who can immeditely come in and contribute.

I'd trade down the question is who trades up. I think if someone wants to jump Tenn and SD for an LT we could have a taker but other then that there is so much depth I'm not sure anyone looks to trade up. Other then that yeah I can see a run on DBs here so maybe Vaccaro or Rhodes gets someone excited. Thing is i look at the top DEs and DT and I dont see a need to move up. Jordan and Werner don't seem like they really stand out to me and DTs always fall.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    agree,though i would prefer to stay put and draft a player who can immeditely come in and contribute.
    Makes sense to me. The team has tons more info on the playewrs then we do. I think they know what they want and what they are doing!

Maybe Fisher is there and a team decides he's an elite LT prospect and moves up.

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Maybe Fisher is there and a team decides he's an elite LT prospect and moves up.
    Fisher or Johnson have the most trade up potential. If Fisher is off the board Johnson is prime trade bait for SD to jump Tenn. We could start a bidding war for him IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    We need 5 players on O, and 3 on D.

It's simple, trade down

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    **** the pats
    You're right, nobody should stay Pat, they suck...

Jets Insider VIP
    BPA. Jets have too many needs to trade down unless multiple draft picks are involved. Get the best guy available at your current draft position.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    I don't really want to draft a "risky" pick. I want to avoid players with tags such as:

Raw talent
    High upside
    lacks experience

etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    BPA. Jets have too many needs to trade down unless multiple draft picks are involved. Get the best guy available at your current draft position.
    Not to sound ignorant, but isn't the whole point of trading down to accumulate multiple draft picks?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I would trade down and draft Jamie Collins,Get another pick or two, trade Revis, and were set, if we draft right.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I don't really want to draft a "risky" pick. I want to avoid players with tags such as:

Raw talent
    High upside
    lacks experience

etc.
    What's funny is that our philosophies for free agency and the draft will probably be (and should be) exact opposites. Due to our bad cap situation, we have had to go for free agents who are risky but have upside - of the type you described. With the draft, however, we need to go for solid, proven picks who can contribute ASAP, particularly in the early rounds - with the possible exception of a potential franchise QB who we may need to develop. Other than that, no projects like Vlad Ducasse or Stephen Hill, please.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Not to sound ignorant, but isn't the whole point of trading down to accumulate multiple draft picks?
    I suppose you're right, but I meant that they shouldn't trade down for just a pick in the 5th. Basically I don't want them trading down unless it's a killer deal. I should have been more specific.

Jets Insider VIP
    Stay and get Jarvis.

trade down?

it all comes down to the revis situation.if he is traded for a first and third round this year.then it would not be neccesary to trade down.the best picks are in the first three rounds.