Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Jets impressed with Geno Smith and want him

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    Lots of reports/rumors going around.
    Come to think of it... I'm impressed with Scarlett Johansson and I want her! I'm sure there are lots of rumors/reports going around about that too.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Penguin View Post
    Actually you proved my point EXACTLY, which was that USC has produced ZERO QB's at the level of the ones you mentioned, not one despite them producing at the collegiate level.
    Ugh, no. You just don't or can't grasp it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    With the mentality of this board, we will need to pass on Bridgewater because Brohm and Browning Nagle went to Louisville.
    Surely it's all academic anyway ... Jets haven't made the Superbowl in 44 years, so there's no way that can change either. History dictates it.

Did I miss something? Why is everyone defending Barkley and USC? He took steps backwards his senior year, you'd really take him at 9?

Oh and wasn't this thread about some other QB?

Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Penguin View Post
    Sorry but I have to disagree. I could never understand the supporters of Palmer. Granted he had some injuries but if he showed anything "above average" it was too brief to be tangible or considered. He has been more average than above average.

Palmer was a young promising QB in his second season when the Steelers derailed his career in 2005. He had already put up 38 on them during the season and had the type of game that could beat the Steelers. So they pretty much ended his career after one pass in the first playoff game. The same thing they tried to do to Tom Brady in 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    Lots of reports/rumors going around.
    No, they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i dont think he will be there when we pick #9.
    That is the point of a team picking at #9 leaking that they "like" the player.

Hopefully someone takes him before #9, and pushes one of the 8 top prospects to us. Win.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Come to think of it... I'm impressed with Scarlett Johansson and I want her! I'm sure there are lots of rumors/reports going around about that too.
    Well then here she is:

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    IT ONLY TAKES ONE

How many times must I explain this to so many stuck in first gear?

Who gives a f*ck about all of these things that you are stating?

Does ANY of this mean Barkley will not learn how to read defenses? Does any of that mean that the pro game will not slow down for Barkley? Does any of this mean he won't have a good pocket presence?

No to all of it.

Like I said already, you can do all of the research you'd like and it still will not make a damn bit of difference. You never know when that franchise QB will come along. It's a risk that every team must take.

Tom Brady anyone?
    I tend to agree with you but I think (and I could be wrong) the point these guys are trying to make is NOT that Barkley sucks because he went to USC but that he's likely way overvalued because he went to USC.

USC has explosive offensives that dominates their often weak competition. The QB play seems to be better than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I tend to agree with you but I think (and I could be wrong) the point these guys are trying to make is NOT that Barkley sucks because he went to USC but that he's likely way overvalued because he went to USC.

USC has explosive offensives that dominates their often weak competition. The QB play seems to be better than it is.
    well, that's fine and that is a valid concern. But the other posters are not saying what you are. They are saying he must suck because he went to USC and Sanchez went there. That's a classic case of "guilt by association" and it is ridiculous.

All Pro
    None of this USC/Barkley hate/love matters.

Our new GM and his staff will NOT be taking a polarizing USC QB to follow up with the one that's currently imploding. I"m sorry, it will never happen. Right or wrong, deal with it.

If this was Miami of ohio, or hell, even Miami - maybe. But USC is a program a history (damn near stigma) with its QBs. Forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    None of this USC/Barkley hate/love matters.

Our new GM and his staff will NOT be taking a polarizing USC QB to follow up with the one that's currently imploding. I"m sorry, it will never happen. Right or wrong, deal with it.

If this was Miami of ohio, or hell, even Miami - maybe. But USC is a program a history (damn near stigma) with its QBs. Forget it.
    Good thing you aren't our GM. What if Andrew Luck had gone to USC and was coming out this year, you would want the Jets to pass on him because Sanchez also went to USC??? seems logical

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Ugh, no. You just don't or can't grasp it.
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you

Rookie
    well, that's fine and that is a valid concern. But the other posters are not saying what you are. They are saying he must suck because he went to USC and Sanchez went there. That's a classic case of "guilt by association" and it is ridiculous.
    No Maine, that is what we are trying to say.....well at least what I was.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Good thing you aren't our GM. What if Andrew Luck had gone to USC and was coming out this year, you would want the Jets to pass on him because Sanchez also went to USC??? seems logical
    Gimme a break pal. Did you read the part where I said "polarizing" QB in Barkley. Don't ever compare a run of the mill as$hole like Barkley to a prospect that was heralded as the best since Elway/Manning.

It's a waste of god damn time read posts like that.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    SAY NO TO GEE-NOH!

The guy with the self admitted accuracy issues?!?!?! FML!

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    In Aaron Rodgers's draft, there was a lot of talk about how he would be a bust because all QBs coached by Jeff Tedford (Dilfer, Carr, Akili Smith, Joey Harrington, Boller) had sucked.

That actually made more sense to me than saying to pass on a USC QB because they all bust. The USC QBs had different coaches, but you can imagine that a college coach runs an offense they makes it very easy for a QB to succeed in college, but doesn't prepare him well for what he needs to do to succeed in the NFL. But Rodgers turned out OK.

Jets Insider VIP
    Yes - that is exactly what they are saying, but you need to have a picture drawn for you.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 03-25-2013 at 02:56 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jpoppy7 View Post

That actually made more sense to me than saying to pass on a USC QB because they all bust. .
    Make no mistake, the reason the Jets won't draft Barkley isn't because "all USC QBs bust", it's because the last one did. This is NY, and we're talking about USC. There's a PR angle to all this, and Barkley isn't the prospect to play russian roulette with. The public perception is what it is.

next year should be better to take a qb.. its simple, if we panic and take 1 now we cant pick 1 next year.. With all the picks next year and more probable to get a better qb we need to wait and be patient.. This isn't a competing year anywhere..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    next year should be better to take a qb.. its simple, if we panic and take 1 now we cant pick 1 next year.. With all the picks next year and more probable to get a better qb we need to wait and be patient.. This isn't a competing year anywhere..
    Nothing says we can't pick a QB both years ... heck, the Skins picked two in the same draft!

We're not going to be tied to a guy we pick because of contracts - the rookie scale got rid of that.