Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets impressed with Geno Smith and want him

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    Nfl.com says Jets are warming up to him and were reportedly impressed by his pro day.That is more than enough to say we want him.Do you want them to explicitly state we will trade up,so every team knows?
    Actually, no it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Carroll coached Barkley for one year, I don't think he knows him that well. It's been 3 years since he has coached him. Most likely not even on the Seahawks radar since he decided to not come out for the 2012 draft.
    Good point, what I am concerned with is what Pete thought of him last year before Barkley announced he wasn't coming out
    Last edited by FTL Jet Fan; 03-24-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    He is never going to last until 9.

And I will cry my eyes out if they trade Revis and use the pick to move up for him.

DuMp.

oh yeah ... wait ...

Dump Again.

Jets were also impressed with Freeman and Heyward Bey back when we drafted Sanchez.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    This thread is worthless without a link or two....

edit: I see there was one posted just didnt bother to scroll the thread
    no, your right.............the thread/link was worthless
    Last edited by Jets_Penguin; 03-24-2013 at 05:00 PM.

All Pro
    Nfl.com says Jets are warming up to him and were reportedly impressed by his pro day.That is more than enough to say we want him.Do you want them to explicitly state we will trade up,so every team knows?
    Is this the first draft you've followed?

Teams get "interested" and "impressed" with players all the time. Most of it doesn't mean a thing ... it's just smokescreens to hide who they are actually interested in. Or to try to get that guy picked so that another guy is available at your spot. And so on.

Next week you'll probably read about another top pick that we're "impressed" with.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    ok, where's the one that says they 'want him'. Arizona and Buffalo, both ahead of the Jets, are even more desperate for a QB.
    Apparently, the Card's are smarted than us....they don't want him and REFUSE to draft him......it's ok to infer that from this link right? it's at least as good as the inference from the original link.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ack-wow-factor

maybe we can trade up using the # 9 pick and Sanchez ha I wish..

I would love for the Jets to take Barkley. It's so dumb from you all when you think you know every USC QB is going to suck.

Need I inform you that different people go to school there? Just because we got one sh*t QB from USC does not mean all of them will be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I would love for the Jets to take Barkley. It's so dumb from you all when you think you know every USC QB is going to suck.

Need I inform you that different people go to school there? Just because we got one sh*t QB from USC does not mean all of them will be that way.
    exactly.. Not every qb to come out of there in a complete panzy, but sanchez and leinart sure are ha..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    maybe we can trade up using the # 9 pick and Sanchez ha I wish..
    We'd probably need to trade DOWN in that scenario.

Rookie

No Offense Maine and we usually agree but.................it's not just that Sanchez sucks (he does and always will) it's the long history of QB's from that school that flourished in a pro-style offense but haven't really amounted to anything special at the pro level. That being said I haven't watched enough of Barkley to make a decision either way.....but the odds on him doing well are against him.

All Pro
    C'mon... if you wanted to trade back - what story would you leak? This one. It's that time folks. Smoke and Mirrors.

All Pro

Don't we have enough inaccurate QBs already?

Name one USC QB over the last decade that has been solid.

Sanchez
    Cassel
    Booty
    Leinart

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    We'd probably need to trade DOWN in that scenario.
    This is true.. How far down realistically ?

go back another 20 years and you have these NFL gems

Palmer
    Rob Johnson
    Marinovich
    Peete
    Salisbury

The QB from USC whose had a decent career out of all those QB's is Palmer. So they've had one good QB in the NFL in the last 30 years. So I think it's fair to say it's not a smart idea to draft a QB from USC

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i dont think he will be there when we pick #9.
    and hopefully he is NOT.

Rex has him job on the line,I would not be shocked if we want a qb,that we trade up.Not in a million years would I be shocked.
    And no rookie QB in this draft is going to save Rex this year.