Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bryan thomas mulls retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    It just goes to show, for all the focus on the draft, it's to a large degree a crap shoot. I would love to have a GM in here that focuses on more picks as opposed to someone who is trying to land "the guy". The latter oftentimes leaves you with less talent overall and if "the guy" doesn't work out you're really screwed. Unfortunately the Jet's except for a few years under Parcells are always looking for the guy. Hopefully Idzik takes a chapter out of the Patriots draft manual and repairs the mistakes of the Tannenbaum era.
    Agreed there are very few (if any) "sure thing" picks in the draft, the teams that Idzik has been involved with seem to have valued a quantity of picks for development, depth and low risk chances, like Russell Wilson in the 3rd after you just spent decent money on a FA QB (Flynn)

The Tannenbaum "quality over quantity" strategy did not work, he thought he could beat the odds but the percentages held true, even with fewer "better" picks

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    He was drafted to play as a 4-3 DE if I recall correctly. What saved him was playing for Eric Mangini his first year in town. Tanny and Mangini noticed that he fit in nicely with the 3-4 the Jets were running. If not for that, I don't believe he would have lasted as long as he did.
    My sentiments exactly.

All League
    This news is REALLY surprising. I know his time with us (and the NFL) is done, but he always seemed like a quality person who never had a bad reputation.

It's just a sad & unfortunate situation.

Per roto:

Bryan Thomas - LB - Jets
    Free agent OLB Bryan Thomas is facing new domestic violence charges.
    Thomas escaped with probation on October charges, but is accused of assaulting his wife again last month. It's unclear if he's facing jail time. Thomas was already mulling retirement because of nagging injuries, but this will further depress his nonexistent market.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger Apr 2 - 7:04 PM

He's better than this

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    This news is REALLY surprising. I know his time with us (and the NFL) is done, but he always seemed like a quality person who never had a bad reputation.

It's just a sad & unfortunate situation.

Per roto:

Bryan Thomas - LB - Jets
    Free agent OLB Bryan Thomas is facing new domestic violence charges.
    Thomas escaped with probation on October charges, but is accused of assaulting his wife again last month. It's unclear if he's facing jail time. Thomas was already mulling retirement because of nagging injuries, but this will further depress his nonexistent market.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger Apr 2 - 7:04 PM

He's better than this
    Walk a Mile.

Hall Of Fame
    Wow. This is sad. I cant remember him having any issues when he was with the Jets.

Hope things improve for him. It must be rough for many players adjusting to life after football at the end of their careers

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Wow. This is sad. I cant remember him having any issues when he was with the Jets.
    Pretty sure he faced some charges regarding something as a rookie. Something at an airport, I think.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Walk a Mile.
    Why? There's a point where an NFL player can get to where it's ok to hit his wife?

Innocent until proven guilty, I get that. But "walk a mile" because someone feels he should be better than that? Well that's just screwy.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Why? There's a point where an NFL player can get to where it's ok to hit his wife?

Innocent until proven guilty, I get that. But "walk a mile" because someone feels he should be better than that? Well that's just screwy.
    Thank you. I didn't even bother to reply to his commenting on my post with that phrase. Some dolts just don't get it and are not worth the time it takes to explain. Thank you for the courtesy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    Thank you. I didn't even bother to reply to his commenting on my post with that phrase. Some dolts just don't get it and are not worth the time it takes to explain. Thank you for the courtesy.
    No problem. There's about 10 of them that post fervently on the Strip. Most of the time I follow your lead and ignore them, but every so often they need to have their shirt tugged. That's when the real hijinks start.