Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jets interested in TE Fred Davis

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    1-year prove it deal, or gtfo
    Almost exactly the same as was with his former teamate Laron landry who signed a 1 yr proved it deal with the Jets, made the pro Bowl and parlayed it into a multi year deal with the Colts.

The big difference here is Landry controlled his fate, while the fate of this TE will be controlled by whichever QB the Jets throw out on the field. Having Rex Ryan tell me that the player he benched has earned the opportunity to run out on the field to take the 1st snap once this new season minicamps begin isn't what i wanted to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by rayzor View Post
    Davis was franchised last year getting 5.45m. He was on track for another good season until he tore his ACL. If signing good injured players is the Jets plan, he would fit the mold. A definite upgrade over Keller if healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    Big "IF". Another torn ACL.
    You two must read the same sources. It was a torn achilles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Almost exactly the same as was with his former teamate Laron landry who signed a 1 yr proved it deal with the Jets, made the pro Bowl and parlayed it into a multi year deal with the Colts.

The big difference here is Landry controlled his fate, while the fate of this TE will be controlled by whichever QB the Jets throw out on the field. Having Rex Ryan tell me that the player he benched has earned the opportunity to run out on the field to take the 1st snap once this new season minicamps begin isn't what i wanted to hear.
    On the flip side, west coast offenses rely heavily on the TE. Plus, what other O players would he really be competing with for catches?

Would've rather stuck with Keller who I think is very under rated on this board as a receiver, obviously not as a blocker. With that said he's the best TE left on the market, 1 yr prove it deal sounds about right

Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Keller is soft and scared of LBs
    Keller hasn't been the same since Ray Lewis blew him up...........

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Keller is soft and scared of LBs
    Wasn't the same player after Ray Lewis lit him up!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Wonder what caused him to not be the same player anymore

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If it's between us and Buffalo it will be interesting to see his choice if $$$ is comparable or buff slightly more

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    On the flip side, west coast offenses rely heavily on the TE. Plus, what other O players would he really be competing with for catches?
    Jeff Cumberland is almost certainly returning and he made some of our biggest offensive plays last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post

Only Wrecks said he is calling defensive signals and he will let the OC call Offensive plays. History shows that MM uses the TE is a very efficient manner. I think what WRECKS said about Sanchez taking the first snap has no bearing at this moment. With a new GM in town I strongly believe that the best QB will be our starter no matter who he is. I fully expect McElroy and Garrard to slug it out big time in camp.

Cumby, and Davis on a1 year heavy incentives deal backed up by Reuland and Smith could work

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    If it's between us and Buffalo it will be interesting to see his choice if $$$ is comparable or buff slightly more
    The money a good TE can make in advertising and endorsements in the NYC area will sink Buffalo.

Jets should sign this possible beast. Make it happen, Tranny!

Veteran
    Fred Davis - TE - Redskins
    Free agent TE Fred Davis says he'll visit the Jets.
    The Newark Star-Ledger has confirmed the Jets' interest in Davis, but not a potential visit. Davis is scheduled to visit the Bills on Wednesday. CSN Washington predicted Sunday that Davis won't sign before mid-April, but he could have a new home before the end of this week if his visits go well.
    Related: Jets
    Source: ProFootballCentral.com Mar 26 - 10:16 PM