Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Pre Draft, are we better

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304

    Pre Draft, are we better

    Last Yr: 2012

    QB: Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy
    OL: Ferguson,Slauson,Mangold,Moore,Howard
    RB: Shonne Greene, Bilal Powell, Joe McKnight
    TE: Dustin keller, Jeff Cumberland, Konrad Reuland
    WR: Santonio Holmes Stephen Hill, Jeremy Kerley


    This yr: 2013

    QB: Mark Sanchez, David Garrard, Greg McElroy, Tim Tebow
    OL: Ferguson,Colon,Mangold,Ducasse,Howard
    RB: Bilal Powell, Mike Goodson, Joe Mcknight
    TE: Jeff Cumberland, Konrad Reuland,Hayden Smith
    WR:Santonio Holmes, Stephen Hill Jeremy Kerley


    Who is the starting QB will dictate the answer.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Last Yr: 2012

    QB: Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy
    OL: Ferguson,Slauson,Mangold,Moore,Howard
    RB: Shonne Greene, Bilal Powell, Joe McKnight
    TE: Dustin keller, Jeff Cumberland, Konrad Reuland
    WR: Santonio Holmes Stephen Hill, Jeremy Kerley


    This yr: 2013

    QB: Mark Sanchez, David Garrard, Greg McElroy, Tim Tebow
    OL: Ferguson,Colon,Mangold,Ducasse,Howard
    RB: Bilal Powell, Mike Goodson, Joe Mcknight
    TE: Jeff Cumberland, Konrad Reuland,Hayden Smith
    WR:Santonio Holmes, Stephen Hill Jeremy Kerley


    Who is the starting QB will dictate the answer.
    If Goodson stays healthy, I think we are better at RB. However, we are significantly worse at OL and TE and possibly worse at WR if Holmes is not back at even 85%

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    If Goodson stays healthy, I think we are better at RB. However, we are significantly worse at OL and TE and possibly worse at WR if Holmes is not back at even 85%
    Mike Goodson has to prove he can hold onto the football and pass protect ,or he will get no more playing time with the Jets , as he did with the previous two teams he was on.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,092
    Roster sucks both years.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Roster sucks both years.
    Sucking for less money is a plus,.... just say'n.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Last Yr: 2012

    QB: Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy
    OL: Ferguson,Slauson,Mangold,Moore,Howard
    RB: Shonne Greene, Bilal Powell, Joe McKnight
    TE: Dustin keller, Jeff Cumberland, Konrad Reuland
    WR: Santonio Holmes Stephen Hill, Jeremy Kerley


    This yr: 2013

    QB: Mark Sanchez, David Garrard, Greg McElroy, Tim Tebow
    OL: Ferguson,Colon,Mangold,Ducasse,Howard
    RB: Bilal Powell, Mike Goodson, Joe Mcknight
    TE: Jeff Cumberland, Konrad Reuland,Hayden Smith
    WR:Santonio Holmes, Stephen Hill Jeremy Kerley


    Who is the starting QB will dictate the answer.
    We are probably a little worse offensively right now than last year, ubut there is a long way to go.

    I actually think we are better on defense now than we were. The players we lost should not really have been playing anyway (Landy excepted)

    We will surprise people this year.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Sucking for less money is a plus,.... just say'n.
    kinda like naming that tune in 4 notes instead of 5.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,092
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Sucking for less money is a plus,.... just say'n.
    This is 100% correct.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    If Goodson stays healthy, I think we are better at RB. However, we are significantly worse at OL and TE and possibly worse at WR if Holmes is not back at even 85%
    Let's examine this for a moment.

    How could we possibly be worst at QB ? We added a Veteran and will probably lose 1 of the 3 we had last yr if not 2.

    How could be possibly be worst at RB ? We traded away a slow plodding, can't pass protect RB who had an issue holding onto the football when he began his Jet career for a speedy,shifty can't pass protect RB who has issues with holding onto the football as he begins his Jet career.

    How could we possibly be worst along the OL ? We're replacing an aging OG in Moore with maybe a younger player in Colon and as of the moment we're inserting Ducasse fulltime in the lineup instead of the partime duty he got last yr.

    How could we possibly be worst at TE ? Everyone hero(Dustin Keller) didn't play much last yr and the players whoactually contributed are all back with 1 yr of strength and conditioning under their belt.


    How could we possibly be worst at WR ? Holmes didn't play last yr. Hill has a yr in the NFL and should understand better what is expected of him at this level. Kerley took a step forward showing that he can be an adequate slot receiver.

    How can this team not already be better.


    OH, and we will replace a "Poser" of an OC with a real OC.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Sucking for less money is a plus,.... just say'n.
    No it is not, unless the ticket prices are also cheaper. I don't care how much extra money the owner is making

  11. #11
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,301
    Very curious to see if a draft pick or garrard become the starting qb

    Am good with the change at RB ... The WCO needs someone who can catch ... Greene was not that guy

    Lets get Davis in and I'm good with TE

    Am very leery of Ducasse ... Please let me be wrong

    Most importantly we have taken an astronomical step up in OC from the bottom of the barrel


    D will be fine with Rex ... If OLB is picked at 9 it should be back to top 5

    Specials will step back a bit w/o Westy



    Ljr

  12. #12
    No we're about the same.

    Garay = 2012 Pouha

    Sanchez and Teabag are still here. Revis is still here.

    Pace and Scott were both insanely mediocre and replaceable last season.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,749
    On offense, we clearly aren't any better at this point. Although I think Goodson is an upgrade over Greene.

    On defense, I think it's addition by subtraction.

    Guys like Bart, Pace and Thomas were old. Not to mention slow as balls. Davis and Barnes may not have the same grasp of the defense, but at least they bring some much needed speed and athleticism to the front seven.

    Who did we really lose on D that was of any importance besides Landry? And I can't really fault the Jets for not wanting to sign him to a big longterm deal when he's been on IR 2 of the last 3 seasons.

  14. #14
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Let's examine this for a moment.

    How could we possibly be worst at QB ? We added a Veteran and will probably lose 1 of the 3 we had last yr if not 2.

    How could be possibly be worst at RB ? We traded away a slow plodding, can't pass protect RB who had an issue holding onto the football when he began his Jet career for a speedy,shifty can't pass protect RB who has issues with holding onto the football as he begins his Jet career.

    How could we possibly be worst along the OL ? We're replacing an aging OG in Moore with maybe a younger player in Colon and as of the moment we're inserting Ducasse fulltime in the lineup instead of the partime duty he got last yr.

    How could we possibly be worst at TE ? Everyone hero(Dustin Keller) didn't play much last yr and the players whoactually contributed are all back with 1 yr of strength and conditioning under their belt.


    How could we possibly be worst at WR ? Holmes didn't play last yr. Hill has a yr in the NFL and should understand better what is expected of him at this level. Kerley took a step forward showing that he can be an adequate slot receiver.

    How can this team not already be better.


    OH, and we will replace a "Poser" of an OC with a real OC.

    Good post.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    The NYJets got better today. It's uphill from here the way i see it. If this teams gets any improvement at QB, i fear Rex will be back in 2014.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Last Yr: 2012

    QB: Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy
    OL: Ferguson,Slauson,Mangold,Moore,Howard
    RB: Shonne Greene, Bilal Powell, Joe McKnight
    TE: Dustin keller, Jeff Cumberland, Konrad Reuland
    WR: Santonio Holmes Stephen Hill, Jeremy Kerley


    This yr: 2013

    QB: Mark Sanchez, David Garrard, Greg McElroy, Tim Tebow
    OL: Ferguson,Colon,Mangold,Ducasse,Howard
    RB: Bilal Powell, Mike Goodson, Joe Mcknight
    TE: Jeff Cumberland, Konrad Reuland,Hayden Smith
    WR:Santonio Holmes, Stephen Hill Jeremy Kerley


    Who is the starting QB will dictate the answer.
    We are better @ QB, RB (even without Ivory, but if the trade happens then definitely better), and WR. I say WR because I'm hoping holmes will be healthier and Hill will have progressed at least somewhat.

    TE, we lost our pass catcher, cumberland is ok but we got a little worse.

    OL right NOW we are worse a little bit mostly because of Ducasse, and Colon's tendency to get injured. If we add warmack or cooper, then we're better than last year on the OL also.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304

    The Jets are Better

    The NYJets are gonna be better than alot of folks think. After 2 days at the draft, this team doesn't have as many needs as people think.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us