Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Mike Glennon will be a Jet

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    Glennon will be an Arizona Cardnial. Tom Moore worked him out and liked him alot I have a buddy from Arizona and apparently they really liked him. Sorry for the rumor and hearsay
    Great, i hope you are right. I want all these guys gone before our 2nd round pick. There's only 1 QB from this draft i want before the 4th round and that's Tyler Bray.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I know this is not a popular pick for our future QB, but before you simply bash the thought of Glennon, letís look at some things from a clear, unbiased perspective.

Glennon has prototypical size and arm talent for the Meadowlands. I donít know about you, but Iím tired of QBís who donít measure up physically. Pennington, Clemens, and even Sanchez didnít have the ideal arm talent/strength necessary to succeed. The last Jets QB who could make all the throws (including the deep out) was Vinnie.

The Giants have their own version of Vinnie in Eli Manning.
    The big power thrower forces teams to cover the entire field. When you have an average/weak armed QB, CBís sit on routes and thatís when you get pick 6ísÖ

Also donít think for a 2nd that Flacco +Eliís playoff successes are not weighing on teams. Glennon is the closest thing in this draft to those guys.

Glennon shows maturity off the field. He completed his 4 year degree in Finance and also went to school every summer so he could graduate with a Masters. Dumb guys donít this. Lazy guys donít do this. Driven guys do this.

Listen to his interviews. The kid has a good head on his shoulders and says heís driven to succeed in the NFL. When Iíve heard Sanchez say this in the past, it always sounded scriptedÖ I never believed it. I believe this kid. I also consider it a bonus that heís not some playboy looking dude who is always on the prowl for the next hot girl to date. Heís like Manning and it more concerned with football than photo shoots.

He played in a West Coast Offense in college which means the terminology + understanding of the system place him ahead of most of the other QBís in this draft. Thereís no projecting, ďHow does this guy fit a WCO?ĒÖ
    We know he can do it.

Also our new OC believes in setting up a good short passing game then taking chances down field (vertical passing game - huge chunks on big plays). No other QB in this draft is a better fit for this style of offense.

Russell Wilson, was no better statistically (including completion %, which people like to harp on Glennon about) in this same offense in college and looks tremendous as a pro.

Hereís a nice write up of Glennon, watch the videoís tooÖ
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap10...se-quarterback

This kid is pretty much a perfect fit to what the Jets want to do. The Eagles had the same OC and who was the last QB they drafted? Foles.

Think about itÖ this makes a ton of sense on all levels.
    Sign me up...I like Glennon

All Pro
    I think Glennon could work. He's not going to come in and turn the current team into winners all on his own - no-one is - but if you build around him he can succeed. (Same goes for many of the other QB prospects this year).

Biggest knock on him I hear is lack of mobility. Now with our current team that could be an issue, but lack of mobility doesn't stop a QB being good, even great. Is Peyton a fast moving, mobile QB? Was Marino? Even Brady isn't all that mobile, especially since his injury. But these guys strengths overcome this - they make smart decisions fast, they are accurate, they read the game.

Guy's not mobile? Build a damned good OL then. Have WR's who get open quick, allowing the QB to get rid of the ball fast. If we wait till the next perfect QB comes around, we'll be waiting a long time.

i think there's a very small chance that glennon is a jet. i can see gino, nassib or manuel being a jet. but not glennon.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    I think Glennon could work. He's not going to come in and turn the current team into winners all on his own - no-one is - but if you build around him he can succeed. (Same goes for many of the other QB prospects this year).

Biggest knock on him I hear is lack of mobility. Now with our current team that could be an issue, but lack of mobility doesn't stop a QB being good, even great. Is Peyton a fast moving, mobile QB? Was Marino? Even Brady isn't all that mobile, especially since his injury. But these guys strengths overcome this - they make smart decisions fast, they are accurate, they read the game.

Guy's not mobile? Build a damned good OL then. Have WR's who get open quick, allowing the QB to get rid of the ball fast. If we wait till the next perfect QB comes around, we'll be waiting a long time.

If you watch his highlights he rolls out often and throws on the run well. I don't think his mobility is as bad as people make it out to be. I agree with a good line I think this kid will be fine, I like him better than Geno.... Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post

The knock isn't mobility, it's that his accuracy is horrendous. He has no idea where it's going once it leaves his hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    The knock isn't mobility, it's that his accuracy is horrendous. He has no idea where it's going once it leaves his hand.
    There is some good information about his accuracy on secondroundscout.com

I really wouldn't call it horrendous, but he does he have a lot of overthrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Glennons stats are misleading IMO. He is way more accurate the Manuel. There is a reason all his draft prep has been to expel the accuracy issues. Footwork is an issue but overall he has proved he can hit his makes. There is still a question of how he will handle pressure but what college QB can really step in week 1 and handle pro pressure? Even Luck struggled with it in a few games. Takes a while to get any guy up to "pro speed".

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Glennons stats are misleading IMO. He is way more accurate the Manuel. There is a reason all his draft prep has been to expel the accuracy issues. Footwork is an issue but overall he has proved he can hit his makes. There is still a question of how he will handle pressure but what college QB can really step in week 1 and handle pro pressure? Even Luck struggled with it in a few games. Takes a while to get any guy up to "pro speed".
    That's exactly the problem with him in 2011 he handled pressure well, in 2012 he started throwing off his back foot often. I think he would do good under Marty M.

His arm strength is a myth

Finished last in velocity of all QBs who threw at the combine-

http://blogs.ourlads.com/2013/03/27/...ine-2008-2012/

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by hmhertz View Post

Actually the worst of any QB that threw at the combine since 2008.

All Pro

This makes absolutely no sense to me. Everyone will readilly admit that Tyler Bray has a strong arm and he leads that list. The suprising thing to me is the player that matches him and why i was told that he has a weak arm that can't drive the ball down the field.

College challange

Showed his weak arm there too, the gun doesn't lie

All Pro
    how about how Glennon won't be drafted until the 4th round.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    That opinion wasnt based on stats, it was based on watching him.....only QBs I can think of (among high picks) who I thought were that inaccurate were Jake Locker and Tebow, and that's not the company I'd want to be in.

Colt McCoy (56 mph) has a stronger arm than Flacco (55 mph)?

In fact if the gun doesn't lie, so does Sanchez and a host of other average journeyman qb's...

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    What kind of success can you expect from him, name one guy on offense that he played with last year or this year or will get drafted next year? No one. If he was surrounded by the talent that Barkley or RG3 or Luck had, they guy would never get out of the first. The guy needs work and is not a day one starter but thekid can play. if the jets can get him in the 3rd, they will be sitting preety.
    +1

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...-new-york-jets

John Butchko: "At the most important position on the field, the Jets have arguably the ugliest situation in the NFL. With Geno Smith in Jacksonville in this scenario, it might not even be arguable. David Garrard currently looks like the best option for the Jets. He is 35 and has not been on an NFL regular season roster since 2010. Even on his best day in his prime he was a middle of the pack quarterback.
    "Every single quarterback available when the Jets were last on the clock the No. 9 pick is still available now. If things shake out this way, the Jets really need to go quarterback here. There will be (relatively) less pressure on a second-round pick than there would be a first round pick. The money will not command he be rushed into the lineup. Taking a quarterback here also will not prevent the Jets from taking a quarterback in the first round next year should the right guy fall into their lap. Taking a quarterback here also allows us to make a clean break from the Mark Sanchez era. We are already hearing rumblings from fans and media types about how maybe Sanchez should get another shot, and that his struggles really aren't his fault. We have been down this road before, and it
    always ends the same way.

"What indications are there that the Jets would take Glennon? If you ask five analysts who the best quarterback prospect is after Geno Smith, you might get five different answers. What we know is the Jets seem to love Glennon. They scouted no less than three of his games, had three coaches at his Pro Day, and spent what one writer termed an "inordinate" amount of time with him at the Senior Bowl.

"The biggest problem with Glennon is his mechanics can go to heck under pressure. He panics and makes mistakes. Because we invested our first round pick in Chance Warmack, we are giving him an excellent offensive line so he will have clean pockets and have an easier time picking up the pro game. Our offensive line will also provide a strong running game which will slow down the pass rush further and open up play action.
    "Glennon certainly isn't a perfect prospect. He has the aforementioned issues under pressure. Other times, he trusts his arm too much and is mistake prone. Those are reasons to not risk taking him in the first round. All of the positives mentioned above show what he brings to the table and why it is worth using a second round pick to try and develop him. After all, with an awful receiving corps and a lousy offensive line, he threw for over 4,000 yards and 30 touchdowns."

We know so little about Idzik's thinking.

But based upon recent success in Seattle I would guess he'll be looking for mobility in his QB.

Glennon has a weak arm?... Mike Glennon?