Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Mike Glennon will be a Jet

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can he punt protect?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whether Glennon ends up a Jet or not and notwithstanding that it's clear to even an untrained eye like mine the footwork issues that people have flagged up are obvious I haven't seen any QB in this process have so many bang-on-the-money-right-in-hands passes dropped.

He also is under almost constant pressure and he's hitting WR's who are rarely if ever open.The NC State receivers were usually blanketed and yet he managed to complete some sensational throws into windows that aren't even there.

He also has nice touch on short crossing routes.Contrast with Tyler Bray(Who I actually like) who has some wild throws under little pressure to guys who are open.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been on this bandwagon for awhile now....

Greg Cosell is now on board, has him as his #1 qb...

Very good video analysis which pretty sums up all the things I've seen and have saying about this kid....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/...B-in-the-draft

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to take him in the second but doubt he will be there at 39.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still say Glennon has the highest upside of any QB in the draft.

Guy has all the physical tools you look for and is known as a bright kid with an outstanding work ethic and loves football. By all accounts he's extremely coachable.

He'll need a year or two of holding the clipboard, but that's fine by me.

He's tough as hell too. Not just physically, but mentally. If he throws a bad pick, you don't see him pouting or hanging his head or go into a shell and start playing ultra conservative. He immediately puts it behind him and goes back out and lets it rip. Classic gunslinger.

And as already pointed out, he played with one of the sh*ttiest supporting casts in the country. Not one player on that offense has a chance at making an NFL squad besides him.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I still say Glennon has the highest upside of any QB in the draft.

Guy has all the physical tools you look for and is known as a bright kid with an outstanding work ethic and loves football. By all accounts he's extremely coachable.

He'll need a year or two of holding the clipboard, but that's fine by me.

He's tough as hell too. Not just physically, but mentally. If he throws a bad pick, you don't see him pouting or hanging his head or go into a shell and start playing ultra conservative. He immediately puts it behind him and goes back out and lets it rip. Classic gunslinger.

And as already pointed out, he played with one of the sh*ttiest supporting casts in the country. Not one player on that offense has a chance at making an NFL squad besides him.
    Where do you think he gets picked, late first, early second. I think Arizona is going to try and grab him

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's my thinking too...Arizona is said to want him.
    I think they take him in rd. 2... I think it's pretty much them or the Jets...
    You have to think the Bills are targeting Nassib.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    That's my thinking too...Arizona is said to want him.
    I think they take him in rd. 2... I think it's pretty much them or the Jets...
    You have to think the Bills are targeting Nassib.
    I know the bills worked out glennonn also but I think you are right they probably targeting Nassib. But if the Eagles take Geno we may be able to grab Foles.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    Where do you think he gets picked, late first, early second. I think Arizona is going to try and grab him
    I think Arizona in Round 2 makes a ton of sense. Everyone knows Arians loves big, rocket armed QB's.

I think we'd have to move up a few spots ahead of AZ to grab him.

Shouldn't take more than a 4th round pick IMO.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    I know the bills worked out glennonn also but I think you are right they probably targeting Nassib. But if the Eagles take Geno we may be able to grab Foles.
    Interesting because most who like Glennon like Foles and the reverse is true too.

If im the Jets im targeting Glennon late rd. 1 (if they can get there) or rd. 2...
    Trading for Foles (3rd round), drafting Dysert (4th round), or targeting Renfree late.

I want one of these guys... Think they each have some sort of potential as an NFL starter.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting because most who like Glennon like Foles and the reverse is true too.

If im the Jets im targeting Glennon late rd. 1 (if they can get there) or rd. 2...
    Trading for Foles (3rd round), drafting Dysert (4th round), or targeting Renfree late.

I want one of these guys... Think they each have some sort of potential as an NFL starter.
    I would be happy with either Glennon, Foles, Dysert, and I am starting to warm up to Renfree in the later rounds

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Can he punt protect?
    No we have Suckchez for that!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I think Arizona in Round 2 makes a ton of sense. Everyone knows Arians loves big, rocket armed QB's.

I think we'd have to move up a few spots ahead of AZ to grab him.

Shouldn't take more than a 4th round pick IMO.
    +1 on Arizona. He's a perfect fit for Arians. I LOL every time I see someone mock or predict Barkley to Arizona. Couldn't be a worse fit.

In fact, I think they'll do whatever it takes to get him, even if that means trading into the back end of Round 1. I think the Bills might be in serious heat for him assuming they don't foolishly blow their wad on Nassib in the first. I could see a team like Houston or Atlanta willing to trade with Arizona. Move back 8-10 picks and fill some needs. Both Houston and Atlanta would be smart to trade back this year IMHO. Both are contenders but could easily find themselves in trouble in '14 if they don't restock the inventory in the meanwhile, especially Houston.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    jets love irish quarterbacks.ha aha ha .

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bump this...

Why not Glennon sometime tonight? Geno Smith doesn't excite me

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks bro...

I'm buying the Jets are looking to move up to draft a qb, I just happen to believe it's to get ahead of Arizona and that guy is Glennon.

Just think about the 2 guys the Jets took in rd. 1, there was no links to them...

Now we've heard Nassib, and Geno...

I don't believe it....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks bro...

I'm buying the Jets are looking to move up to draft a qb, I just happen to believe it's to get ahead of Arizona and that guy is Glennon.

Just think about the 2 guys the Jets took in rd. 1, there was no links to them...

Now we've heard Nassib, and Geno...

I don't believe it....
    I have been on the Glennon bandwagon for sometime, i think if the Jets do want Glennon then you are right on about them needing to get ahead of Arizona

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd rather Dysart in the 3rd or 4th..but who knows if he'll be there...if not, flier on Landry Jones later on.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    I'd rather Dysart in the 3rd or 4th..but who knows if he'll be there...if not, flier on Landry Jones later on.
    Yep, Once Glennon is off he board, Dysert is the guy I want... Great kid, reminds me of Chad...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, Once Glennon is off he board, Dysert is the guy I want... Great kid, reminds me of Chad...
    As long as its not Barkley Nassib or Smith.