Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Glennon will be a Jet

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    for what it's worth - Tony P shot down Zac as an option for the Jets. I can't say whether he was expressing his own opinion or relaying the brass's. Tony speaks in code - so take of that what you will.
    I saw that but i thought he said he wouldn't draft either Glennon or Dysert. If i have to hear that the Jets have no interest in Zac Dysert, hearing that they also have no interest in mike Glennon would make everything alright with me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Go look at the teams Bray played... Troy, georgia state, Acron, Kentucky, Missouri... Terrible (1 win mostly) teams that he padded his stats against - 2k yards, 21 Tds, just 1 int...

Furthermore, people like to bash Glennon for playing poorly vs. Vanderbilt...
    Go look at what Bray did against that same vandy team. One of the worst days any college qb had all year.

The final kicker is that people say Bray is a real major a-hole...
    Citadel, South Alabama, Connecticut aren't exactly world beaters either. You can always say that the easy games are where a prospect "padded", but most schedules have hard and easy games mixed in. Glennon played enough trash games to have his overall stats be lower than Bray. He played South Carolina and Georgia pretty damn tough.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Outside of Geno - I haven't seen 1 QB I'd spend anything other than a 5th rounder on.

I'd give Nassib, Manuel and Barkley 4th round like grades, and pass on them all. The Brays, Glennons, Jones, etc are worth late flyer if our situation was like it was in 2012, but we're on the precipice of going after a big name franchise kind of guy in 2014, so it's near pointless IMO.

...we're always talking about "surround your QB with talent" "stock up your Defense with depth".... well THIS is the year to do that, so whomever we do go with in 2014, will be set up to succeed, not flounder.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I saw that but i thought he said he wouldn't draft either Glennon or Dysert. If i have to hear that the Jets have no interest in Zac Dysert, hearing that they also have no interest in mike Glennon would make everything alright with me.
    Tony personally doesn't like Glennon, but don't think he ever said the Jets have no interest...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Outside of Geno - I haven't seen 1 QB I'd spend anything other than a 5th rounder on.

I'd give Nassib, Manuel and Barkley 4th round like grades, and pass on them all. The Brays, Glennons, Jones, etc are worth late flyer if our situation was like it was in 2012, but we're on the precipice of going after a big name franchise kind of guy in 2014, so it's near pointless IMO.

...we're always talking about "surround your QB with talent" "stock up your Defense with depth".... well THIS is the year to do that, so whomever we do go with in 2014, will be set up to succeed, not flounder.
    I guess my thinking is in the 5th round and later there isn't much to lose in taking a guy like Bray or whoever really. Maybe you get SUPER lucky and the guy ends up somehow being your franchise QB. REALLY slim odds. Now if he isn't you hopefully have ammo (via a Revis trade) to either be in the spot to get a Bridgewater type QB or trade up to be in position. Best case scenario tho, you hit the jackpot and have your franchise QB for the 2014 draft via that flier pick in this draft and you can go ahead and really really beef up the rest of the team. High upside in my mind, and very little cost/risk.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Get extra picks - trade them for picks next year - and stay far far far away from the mediocre QBs in this draft class.

I wouldn't be surprised if no QB in this class has any success as a starting QB in their careers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dump

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Glennon is still on the board at #39, then why the hell not?

Kid has the biggest upside of any QB in the draft IMO.

I personally have no idea why some are so high on guys like Nassib and Bray but dog Glennon every chance they get.

Glennon has all the physical tools that you look for and by all accounts is a hardworking kid who loves football.

One of the things I love most about him is that he doesn't get shook. Like...at all. If he throws a bad pick you don't see him hanging his head or walking around with a helpless puppy dog look on his face. He inmediately puts it behind him and moves on.

What are the real knocks on him? Footwork and accuracy?

LOL

95% of QB prospects have these exact same deficiencies when coming out of college.

I'm more than willing to take a gamble on the kid.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Matt Scott

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mavericknyc1980 View Post
    Matt Scott
    Matt Scott can go to hell. He's not getting anything more than 6th pick from me

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Why not? Here is why not, the players on my draft sheet from 35 to 47

DeAndre Hopkins
    Matt Elam
    Zach Ertz
    Alex Okafor
    Cornellius Carradine
    Arthur Brown
    Robert Woods
    Justin Hunter
    Sam Mongomery
    Eric Reed
    Sylvester Williams
    Jonahthan Jenkins
    Larry Warford

Let's by pass a series of safeties, olbs, NT's, olineman and WR's who could be good starters for years to reach for a flawed QB. and you can put the name of any QB in this draft instead of Glennon other than Geno Smith who will be gone and I'd say the same thing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally have no idea why some are so high on guys like Nassib and Bray but dog Glennon every chance they get.

Glennon has all the physical tools that you look for and by all accounts is a hardworking kid who loves football.

One of the things I love most about him is that he doesn't get shook. Like...at all. If he throws a bad pick you don't see him hanging his head or walking around with a helpless puppy dog look on his face. He inmediately puts it behind him and moves on.

LOL

95% of QB prospects have these exact same deficiencies when coming out of college.

He doesn't have the physical tools. Footwork, delivery, feel, those are all PHYSICAL TALENTS. He doesn't posses any of those. The guy is tall and has a strong arm, that's IT. He as no quarterback talent beyond that, he's awkward as hell.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I'd be ok if they took him but I don't see much there right now. He needs a ton of work and I don't see a winner in him. I see a big arm and no brains.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Why not? Here is why not, the players on my draft sheet from 35 to 47

DeAndre Hopkins
    Matt Elam
    Zach Ertz
    Alex Okafor
    Cornellius Carradine
    Arthur Brown
    Robert Woods
    Justin Hunter
    Sam Mongomery
    Eric Reed
    Sylvester Williams
    Jonahthan Jenkins
    Larry Warford

Let's by pass a series of safeties, olbs, NT's, olineman and WR's who could be good starters for years to reach for a flawed QB. and you can put the name of any QB in this draft instead of Glennon other than Geno Smith who will be gone and I'd say the same thing.
    I agree with you; especially about the safety position. However, there is one name I would like to add - Barrett Jones. The guy is a stud. I don't think people give him enough love. This guy reminds me of Joe Klecko - tough, leader, can play all along your (O) line at a high level. A guy like this is worth his weight in gold.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kcb160 View Post
    I agree with you; especially about the safety position. However, there is one name I would like to add - Barrett Jones. The guy is a stud. I don't think people give him enough love. This guy reminds me of Joe Klecko - tough, leader, can play all along your (O) line at a high level. A guy like this is worth his weight in gold.
    The list on my sheet is an average of a variety of web site rankings they are not my own rankings. Barrett Jones I think has actually slipped on the sheet from where he was. He is now at 53. There are two schools of thought on Jones. 1) He is a great versatile high character guy that has played 3 oline spots at a high level in his career thus desirable and 2) He is a high character guy but the fact that he has played 3 positions means he is not great at any one spot.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kcb160 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The list on my sheet is an average of a variety of web site rankings they are not my own rankings. Barrett Jones I think has actually slipped on the sheet from where he was. He is now at 53. There are two schools of thought on Jones. 1) He is a great versatile high character guy that has played 3 oline spots at a high level in his career thus desirable and 2) He is a high character guy but the fact that he has played 3 positions means he is not great at any one spot.
    Supposedly his lisfranc (sp?) injury will have him starting the season on the PUP, and this is causing him to drop further than usual. Apparently he might even be available in the 4th round. I'd definitely take him in that range, huge steal in my opinion.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd pass on Glennon.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL

I happen to agree, but not in the 2nd round.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I happen to agree, but not in the 2nd round.
    Glennon will be an Arizona Cardnial. Tom Moore worked him out and liked him alot I have a buddy from Arizona and apparently they really liked him. Sorry for the rumor and hearsay

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    No

We had our immobile statue when we stupidlypassed on Dan Marino

No need to repeat that fiasco