Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: Possibilities at no. 9

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Possibilities at no. 9

    Will be interesting to see how First 8 picks pan out... and who is sitting at no. 9.......

    Both OT's Joeckel and Fisher are gone in Top 5
    Shariff floyd in gone by pick no. 3...
    Dee Milner off the board by pick no. 5
    Geno Smith won't get by pick 7 or 8

    So that leave 3 more picks prior to Jet's seleciton @ no. 9

    Potential options
    Dion Jordan - emergency as top Pass Rusher in draft
    Zigggy Ansah - Athletic Freak - JPP like... very very raw
    Star Lotulelei - heart condition.....
    Jarvis Jones - poor workout..

    Womack & Cooper are Top OG--- with extremely high grades..


    Would Jump on Jordan or Jones...

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,482
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post
    Will be interesting to see how First 8 picks pan out... and who is sitting at no. 9.......

    Both OT's Joeckel and Fisher are gone in Top 5
    Shariff floyd in gone by pick no. 3...
    Dee Milner off the board by pick no. 5
    Geno Smith won't get by pick 7 or 8

    So that leave 3 more picks prior to Jet's seleciton @ no. 9

    Potential options
    Dion Jordan - emergency as top Pass Rusher in draft
    Zigggy Ansah - Athletic Freak - JPP like... very very raw
    Star Lotulelei - heart condition.....
    Jarvis Jones - poor workout..

    Womack & Cooper are Top OG--- with extremely high grades..


    Would Jump on Jordan or Jones...
    Star's heart thing is a non-issue, wouldn't even include it there. Reason I might not take him is how much investment we already have in the DL. I'd go Jones and if not him then Warmack. Ideally I look for both if we got Tampa's 13 this year.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Star's heart thing is a non-issue, wouldn't even include it there. Reason I might not take him is how much investment we already have in the DL. I'd go Jones and if not him then Warmack. Ideally I look for both if we got Tampa's 13 this year.
    if we had no. 9 and no. 13.... i would take Jones & Warmack.. no question.. wonder if opportunity presents itself to trade down..

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,293
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand why i am the only one saying that 3 QBs will be drafted between the 2nd pick and the 8th pick.

    Geno Smith
    Matt Barkley
    Ryan Nassib

    That will leave :
    E J Manuel
    Mike Glennon
    Tyler Wilson
    Tyler Bray
    Zac Dysert
    Sean Renfree
    Matt Scott
    Landry Jones


    Of that group, who's the best fit for the Jets.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,075
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post
    Potential options
    Dion Jordan - emergency as top Pass Rusher in draft
    Zigggy Ansah - Athletic Freak - JPP like... very very raw
    Star Lotulelei - heart condition.....
    Jarvis Jones - poor workout..

    Womack & Cooper are Top OG--- with extremely high grades..


    Would Jump on Jordan or Jones...
    There;s like 8 pages of threads in this forum dedicated to each one of these guys.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I don't understand why i am the only one saying that 3 QBs will be drafted between the 2nd pick and the 8th pick.

    Geno Smith
    Matt Barkley
    Ryan Nassib

    That will leave :
    E J Manuel
    Mike Glennon
    Tyler Wilson
    Tyler Bray
    Zac Dysert
    Sean Renfree
    Matt Scott
    Landry Jones


    Of that group, who's the best fit for the Jets.
    With all the Talk on Manuel he will likely be gone before Barkley. That said Barkley is actually the best fit for our new OC. Wilson, Nessib, then Dysert. I'd rather see them take Glennon or Scott though. Tuel is the late rounds would be perfect as well IMO. I have been pushing him for months now but no one cares. lol If he can stay healthy he is a really good QB. Was rushed back in college and just struggled to stay healthy. Also Crist is anther one I'm hoping we pick up after the draft. He well worth a look IMO.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post
    Will be interesting to see how First 8 picks pan out... and who is sitting at no. 9.......

    Both OT's Joeckel and Fisher are gone in Top 5
    Shariff floyd in gone by pick no. 3...
    Dee Milner off the board by pick no. 5
    Geno Smith won't get by pick 7 or 8

    So that leave 3 more picks prior to Jet's seleciton @ no. 9

    Potential options
    Dion Jordan - emergency as top Pass Rusher in draft
    Zigggy Ansah - Athletic Freak - JPP like... very very raw
    Star Lotulelei - heart condition.....
    Jarvis Jones - poor workout..

    Womack & Cooper are Top OG--- with extremely high grades..


    Would Jump on Jordan or Jones...
    I dont see Dion being there. He is the best edge rusher in this draft and will likely be taken by Detroit. I dont want Jones or Ansah. I am J Jones high but he doesn't fit our D IMO. Ansah maybe just reminds me of Ghost too much but either way will not be a contributor in his 1st year IMO. I said the same thing of Ghost and bottom line we need someone that can contribute. Datone Jones is the guy I would take over either of them. He is the picture of what Rex looks for in a DE/OLB. A full on tweener that has all the moves of an elite pass rusher just needs some refining. He is of the same mold of guys like Suggs and Pace. Vaccaro is an option as well. DL and G are not happening in the 1st.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,293
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    With all the Talk on Manuel he will likely be gone before Barkley. That said Barkley is actually the best fit for our new OC. Wilson, Nessib, then Dysert. I'd rather see them take Glennon or Scott though. Tuel is the late rounds would be perfect as well IMO. I have been pushing him for months now but no one cares. lol If he can stay healthy he is a really good QB. Was rushed back in college and just struggled to stay healthy. Also Crist is anther one I'm hoping we pick up after the draft. He well worth a look IMO.
    I know all about Jeff tuel, and have had him on my priority UDFA list to replace Simms as a developmental prospect. IMHO, if he's healthy, there's 1 QB in this draft who could step off the college campas and not embarrass himself in our new offensive scheme.

    That player is Duke QB Sean Renfree who has been developed as a pro QB and is perfect for the WCO.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I dont see Dion being there. He is the best edge rusher in this draft and will likely be taken by Detroit. I dont want Jones or Ansah. I am J Jones high but he doesn't fit our D IMO. Ansah maybe just reminds me of Ghost too much but either way will not be a contributor in his 1st year IMO. I said the same thing of Ghost and bottom line we need someone that can contribute. Datone Jones is the guy I would take over either of them. He is the picture of what Rex looks for in a DE/OLB. A full on tweener that has all the moves of an elite pass rusher just needs some refining. He is of the same mold of guys like Suggs and Pace. Vaccaro is an option as well. DL and G are not happening in the 1st.
    disagree about G possibility at 9, Izdik thankfully is levelheaded and picking warmack at 9 would be by far the safest pick. its better to try and sign a proven pass rusher next yr, because when you draft 1 its a crap shoot if they turn out to be worthy in the NFL. The OL is easier to predict. Unless we find a rare qb gem, we are going to need a very solid run game like we had in 09, 10. line or O hasn't been the same since losing Fanaca/woody. Can easily change that by picking warmack.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    disagree about G possibility at 9, Izdik thankfully is levelheaded and picking warmack at 9 would be by far the safest pick. its better to try and sign a proven pass rusher next yr, because when you draft 1 its a crap shoot if they turn out to be worthy in the NFL. The OL is easier to predict. Unless we find a rare qb gem, we are going to need a very solid run game like we had in 09, 10. line or O hasn't been the same since losing Fanaca/woody. Can easily change that by picking warmack.
    A G at 9 is throwing the pick away IMO. OL take time to develop no matter what round you take them in. If he does that he should be fired. No G is worth a top ten pick don't care who they are. Warmack could be a future HOF guy and it would still be a bad pick. If we trade back OK whatever. It is one step below taking a TE top ten IMO. If Idzik does that with his 1st pick I'm on board with the fire him and restart again bandwagon early.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    A G at 9 is throwing the pick away IMO. OL take time to develop no matter what round you take them in. If he does that he should be fired. No G is worth a top ten pick don't care who they are. Warmack could be a future HOF guy and it would still be a bad pick. If we trade back OK whatever. It is one step below taking a TE top ten IMO. If Idzik does that with his 1st pick I'm on board with the fire him and restart again bandwagon early.
    ha that's crazy talk, fire him because he picks a sure thing guard when everyone else at 9 will have question marks.. everyone takes time to develop, especially pass rushers. Warmack instantly starts and will be opening holes inside and pulling outside, something we haven't had a guard be able to do well since fanaca. I agree in most years guard is late first or later pick. But this guy is a beast and guards like him don't come around every year. There is not much top 10 talent this year, that's why a great guard will fall so low..

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    ha that's crazy talk, fire him because he picks a sure thing guard when everyone else at 9 will have question marks.. everyone takes time to develop, especially pass rushers. Warmack instantly starts and will be opening holes inside and pulling outside, something we haven't had a guard be able to do well since fanaca. I agree in most years guard is late first or later pick. But this guy is a beast and guards like him don't come around every year. There is not much top 10 talent this year, that's why a great guard will fall so low..
    There is plenty of talent well worth a 9 pick over a G. Unless it is the missing piece on a team already PO worthy it is a wasted pick. What does a 1st round G do for this team that a 3-4th rounder doesn't? You can sign a vet G cheaper then drafting a G in the 1st even with the rookie cap. It is bad value and doesn't help the team at all.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,887
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    There is plenty of talent well worth a 9 pick over a G. Unless it is the missing piece on a team already PO worthy it is a wasted pick. What does a 1st round G do for this team that a 3-4th rounder doesn't? You can sign a vet G cheaper then drafting a G in the 1st even with the rookie cap. It is bad value and doesn't help the team at all.
    I don't know about that... a pro bowl guard would definitely help the team out but what I think is ludicrous is the notion that you absolutely have to draft a guard because you're scared that a player at a skill position might bust. straight loser mentality

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I don't know about that... a pro bowl guard would definitely help the team out but what I think is ludicrous is the notion that you absolutely have to draft a guard because you're scared that a player at a skill position might bust. straight loser mentality
    Well I will give that guy in Cinci credit. He had the best rookie season for a G ever. Seriously though would you go back and take him over Coples? Come on people.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Murray Hill
    Posts
    7,457
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Star's heart thing is a non-issue, wouldn't even include it there. Reason I might not take him is how much investment we already have in the DL. I'd go Jones and if not him then Warmack. Ideally I look for both if we got Tampa's 13 this year.
    Star's BPA in this scenario. I agree with your reservation, too much investment in DL but if you're going BPA....

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,482
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    Star's BPA in this scenario. I agree with your reservation, too much investment in DL but if you're going BPA....
    As a football fan overall, part of me would like to see the insanity of a 3-4 DL featuring Wilk-Star-Coples. But more from a imagine that standpoint. I think at this point it might be diminishing returns. Esp with Ellis as a possible unknown in the middle. The increase in defensive production from picking up a Jarvis Jones would be a lot more than getting Star IMHO.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Posts
    1,575
    Post Thanks / Like
    Miguel Mayssonet From my hometown of Stony Brook from Stony Brook University is a sleeper watched a lot of his games and is getting a lot of attention from Kiper and the other Draft guys as an absolute Steel...He is going to be a good back and will be great as a late round Pick or high priority for a lot of teams on the East coast as an UDFA...Check him out

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwETUpkk3A0
    Last edited by BigJet85; 03-26-2013 at 01:19 AM.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,750
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Star is there at 9 you have to take him. He's going to be BPA and he's a Haloti Ngata clone (I was screaming for Ngata in the '06 draft).


    Too many DL? AWWW. Go 4-3 D and copy the Giants blueprint which is to win in the trenches. Can't be a bad philosphy they own Brady and won 2 SB's since 2007.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,745
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJet85 View Post
    Miguel Mayssonet From my hometown of Stony Brook from Stony Brook University is a sleeper watched a lot of his games and is getting a lot of attention from Kiper and the other Draft guys as an absolute Steel...He is going to be a good back and will be great as a late round Pick or high priority for a lot of teams on the East coast as an UDFA...Check him out

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwETUpkk3A0
    I thought Mayssonet was from Riverhead, I know he played his High School ball at Riverhead High School?

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I don't know about that... a pro bowl guard would definitely help the team out but what I think is ludicrous is the notion that you absolutely have to draft a guard because you're scared that a player at a skill position might bust. straight loser mentality
    That's my sentiment too.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us