Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Palmer to be cut

Hall Of Fame
    I think he will end up in Arizona too.

I know there are many detractors here but the guy has talent and has always found himself in awful situations. Some of the blame belongs to him too. But he has had some decent years so it is not like he is a myth like some of these other guys.

Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    Nooooooo!!! I thought Jason Campbell(before the injury killed his season) played better out in Oakland then Palmer ... DSTB
    He did.

I'd still take Palmer over all the guys we've got right now though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

I know there are many detractors here but the guy has talent and has always found himself in awful situations. Some of the blame belongs to him too. But he has had some decent years so it is not like he is a myth like some of these other guys.
    He's Ken O'Brien with better stats..

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    He did.

I'd still take Palmer over all the guys we've got right now though.
    I think one can equate Carson Palmer to Philip Rivers. Both can make horrible game losing INT's one week, then the next week, pass for 3 td's in a half to rally for a W.

Too much of a logjam at QB right now for the Jets, but i think Carson Palmer is a top 8 pure passer in the league.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    He's Ken O'Brien with better stats..
    LOL.

My point is that at least Palmer has put together an entire season of good QB play. Nobody we have on our roster nor the Kolbs and Flynns of the world can say that.

Also think about the dysfunction he has been a part of. The Bengals were a mess when he was there and then he went to the Raiders.

The only reason I don't want him is b.c I want to start over with a young QB and build.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    Nooooooo!!! I thought Jason Campbell(before the injury killed his season) played better out in Oakland then Palmer ... DSTB
    I always liked Campbell and I felt bad for him when he got hurt. The Raiders completely overreacted and made a terrible trade that has cost them dearly. They were pretty close to being a good team before Campbell went down. Jackson didn't want to risk the season so he basically gambled the future and lost.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Arians is going to give Stanton or Hoyer a chance. I can't see Carson in Glendale. Buffalo could be an intriguing team for him and the Bills.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    Let's just sign every available QB until our roster is full. Then we can have the largest QB competition ever and make NFL history.
    I'm strangely comfortable with this.

I'd be surprised if he is not a Cardinal within 2 weeks of being released. They are the only team that could win now with a veteran QB. In fact, I'll go out on a limb and say that if the Cards sign Palmer, he ends up having a 1998 type Vinny Testaverde season. Cards have a really good D, and a beast WR in Fitz. The recipe for success is there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    I'd be surprised if he is not a Cardinal within 2 weeks of being released. They are the only team that could win now with a veteran QB. In fact, I'll go out on a limb and say that if the Cards sign Palmer, he ends up having a 1998 type Vinny Testaverde season. Cards have a really good D, and a beast WR in Fitz. The recipe for success is there.
    +1 I'm on the Sonny side of the street..

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    d.

Terrelle Pryor's a joke.
    might as well sign Richard Pryor too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    might as well sign Richard Pryor too.
    He's been pushing up daisies for 8 years even Chaddy's arm is better now..

I'd take him over Garrad/tebow/mcilroy

All Pro
    When he first came out I thought he was going to be a really good Qb. I thought it was exactly what Bengals needed. Then I watched him on Hard Knocks and he was an arrogant obnoxious guy to his offense. Ever since then never cared for him.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    agreed....Jets need someone stupid like this to bite on Revis....all it takes is one bad GM
    Too bad Tanny wasn't hired as GM of another team!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-...GlvbnM-;_ylv=3

Palmer refusing to rework his deal. I say trade them Tebow.
    Id rather dump Suckchez. Tebow can always be made into a fullback.

Palmer is way better than anything on the Jets. Has a better upside as strange as it may sound. Kolb is my #2 choice.
    It all depends on price. But then there's that Sanchez contract weight on the Jets shoulders.

Jets Insider VIP
    What an awful trade for the Raiders Palmer turned out to be. Hugh Jackson totally screwed them.

But maybe Sanchez would be a good fit for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    All I can say is say is there is no sense arguing with someone that says something as dumb as that.
    Everyone likes to under rate Collins because he didn't put up a high QBR. 2 probowls, the only guy to start at QB and bring 3 different teams to the POs, one SB appearance, even set the single season Giants passing record(sense broken). Guy had issues with Alcohol and depression but could still flat out win games. Campbell may not have put up the numbers either but the Raiders played better under him. Palmer likes to throw games away he is la bad version of Romo IMO. This is not fantasy football you cant win with a QB that plays like he does.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    How do you see Tebow fitting in out in Oakland? Do you think them running Tebow by the fans as a option will be received well? What would be received well by them is a return by Campbell who actually played very well for them before being kicked to the curb.
    I think he would be received well. I can't image any Oaklnad fan expecting to have a winning season this year. You throw him in just to create a show and get exposure. You know is is only one year and it give you time to rebuild next year. Look at their roster from last year my guess is you'll maybe see 5 guys from that team on next year roster. Even if they draft Smith why bring him in for a massive failure in his 1st year? I dont think that fan base would react well to anther drafted QB getting killed year 1. Tebow OK go ahead and beat the snot out of him. At best you get Tebow cheap and if he looks good you can always sell him. At worst he is what he is and next year you move on. Oakland doesn't need to commit to him as the starter. It is basically a haul marry that doesn't even matter if it connects.