Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Palmer to be cut

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    that actually makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I'd keep Garrard. We need someone at QB to help the new guy. Heck if they will take Sanchez and his 8 mil they can have him. Dont see it as likely though. Tebow may actually look like a viable option for them. Lets face it they are a 1-15 at best this year. There is 0 talent people would want to see on that team. Why the heck not just take Tebow and run with it. At worst you make a fortune off his name. At best he wins you a few games and you go 3-13 instead. Either way you get the #1 pick next year and Clowney if he wants to be a Raider. It isn't a matter of if they finish with a loosing record in Oakland this year it is how bad will it really be. If I am Clowney I seriously think of staying in school if Oakland has the 1st pick next year.

Hall Of Fame
    You are correct....I'm surprised that that has not been brought up more often.....Palmer has done zero since going to OAKLAND...the man has not been the same since his injury. He is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Blitz View Post
    Gotta go down as one of the worst trades in history, 2 1st round picks for 2 seasons of mediocre QB play.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-...GlvbnM-;_ylv=3

Palmer refusing to rework his deal. I say trade them Tebow.
    I will believe it when I see it. Raiders will have well over 80 million dollars in cap room for 2014. They can easily afford to keep C Palmer, Keep their FA and sign some big free agents( probably one big Fa only as this team will be built through the draft and not fa. The days of raiders overspending in Fa are over with.

All this is a smoke screen IMO so some team might want to trade up for Geno Smith. (fearing the Raiders will take him) The smart money is keeping C Palmer till T Pryor or a Qb they draft is ready to be the starter. (can beat C Palmer out) Right now they want to win as many games possible in 2013, you can't get rid of the best qb you had since R gannon.

The offense with some upgrades can be good enough to keep you in and win your share of games in 2013. Sometimes the best defense is the one that keep the other team offense off the field.

Hall Of Fame
    It might indeed be a smoke screen......this draft is going to be pretty interesting....one of the most interesting in recent history because there are so many question marks as to what player certain teams will be drafting.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    I will believe it when I see it. Raiders will have well over 80 million dollars in cap room for 2014. They can easily afford to keep C Palmer, Keep their FA and sign some big free agents( probably one big Fa only as this team will be built through the draft and not fa. The days of raiders overspending in Fa are over with.

All this is a smoke screen IMO so some team might want to trade up for Geno Smith. (fearing the Raiders will take him) The smart money is keeping C Palmer till T Pryor or a Qb they draft is ready to be the starter. (can beat C Palmer out) Right now they want to win as many games possible in 2013, you can't get rid of the best qb you had since R gannon.

The offense with some upgrades can be good enough to keep you in and win your share of games in 2013. Sometimes the best defense is the one that keep the other team offense off the field.

Collins and Campbell where better.

Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    agreed....Jets need someone stupid like this to bite on Revis....all it takes is one bad GM
    maybe someone understands the Revis Brand.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    You are correct....I'm surprised that that has not been brought up more often.....Palmer has done zero since going to OAKLAND...the man has not been the same since his injury. He is done.
    Throwing for over 4,000 yards 22 TD and 14 Interceptions with 61 % completion percentage last year in 14 games depite not having a running game all year or their WR 's really suited for the WCO offense. Alot of time c Palmer read the coverage correctly but the young Wr corp didn't.

Give C palmer time and it doesn't matter what defense he faces he will shred that defense. You definiotely can win a championship with C Palmer at Qb. You can't say that about Sanchez. Not to mention no Raider Oline every tackled C palmer with their Butts.

BTW How many Jet fan were predicting last Jet defense would be number 1. Just a little bit off there.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-26-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Remember last year when raider 90210 was insistent that Palmer would be a top 5 qb in 2012.... good times.
    IF Raiders didn't radical change the offense in 2012 that might have been the case. C Palmer had his best season statstical last year . The offense personnel just wasn't suited for the WCO / zone blocking scheme.

The raiders rushing attack should easily been top three(they finished 28) The young Wr corp didn't have as great year in the WCO offense . The raiders are going back to the 2011 offense and blocking scheme that fits the personnel way better. (call it a rookie head coach thinking too much by changing something that wasn't broken)

C Palmer and the raiders offense can easily be in the top five in 2013. The defense that is another story.

With the third pick in the draft Raiders select Eric Fisher OT. They have two LT quality bookend tackles for the next decade. K Barnes becomes the swing OT. (* injury to Barnes very early really hampered the offense the first part of the season last year)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-26-2013 at 09:00 AM.

No thanks. Lets use some common sense on this thread please. We dont need 7 pages on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Blitz View Post
    Gotta go down as one of the worst trades in history, 2 1st round picks for 2 seasons of mediocre QB play.
    First off at least do some research on the trade. All I have to say7 is how can anyone take your post serious when you don't even have the correct parameters of the trade. Hint wasn't two first rounders.

Jets Insider VIP
    IF Raiders didn't radical change the offense in 2012 that might have been the case. C Palmer had his best season statstical last year . The offense personnel just wasn't suited for the WCO / zone blocking scheme.

The raiders rushing attack should easily been top three(they finished 28) The young Wr corp didn't have as great year in the WCO offense . The raiders are going back to the 2011 offense and blocking scheme that fits the personnel way better. (call it a rookie head coach thinking too much by changing something that wasn't broken)

C Palmer and the raiders offense can easily be in the top five in 2013. The defense that is another story.

With the third pick in the draft Raiders select Eric Fisher OT. They have two LT quality bookend tackles for the next decade. K Barnes becomes the swing OT. (* injury to Barnes very early really hampered the offense the first part of the season last year)
    O God... what did I get myself into...lol whatever makes you happy man

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

In his 2 years as a Raider but not career wise..

Collins and Campbell where better.
    All I can say is say is there is no sense arguing with someone that says something as dumb as that.

I'd keep Garrard. We need someone at QB to help the new guy. Heck if they will take Sanchez and his 8 mil they can have him. Dont see it as likely though. Tebow may actually look like a viable option for them. Lets face it they are a 1-15 at best this year. There is 0 talent people would want to see on that team. Why the heck not just take Tebow and run with it. At worst you make a fortune off his name. At best he wins you a few games and you go 3-13 instead. Either way you get the #1 pick next year and Clowney if he wants to be a Raider. It isn't a matter of if they finish with a loosing record in Oakland this year it is how bad will it really be. If I am Clowney I seriously think of staying in school if Oakland has the 1st pick next year.
    How do you see Tebow fitting in out in Oakland? Do you think them running Tebow by the fans as a option will be received well? What would be received well by them is a return by Campbell who actually played very well for them before being kicked to the curb.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    In his 2 years as a Raider but not career wise..
    Last year stats would put it in his top three for his career . Not bad as it was a total different offense than he played previously with the raiders. ( just not for Palmer but everyone on offense)
    Jason Campbell made the biggest improvement playing his second year in the same offense with the Raiders. IF Raiders didn't change his numbers might have been his career best.( but they did and really can't prove that0

So they're setting a smoke screen so some team gives a team ahead of them a bunch of picks to draft Geno Smith?

I'm sure JAX will be thrilled that OAK is setting a smoke screen to give them a windfall.

Jets Insider VIP
    Last year stats would put it in his top three for his career . Not bad as it was a total different offense than he played previously with the raiders. ( just not for Palmer but everyone on offense)
    Jason Campbell made the biggest improvement playing his second year in the same offense with the Raiders. IF Raiders didn't change his numbers might have been his career best.( but they did and really can't prove that0
    Dude almost all of Palmer's "stats" came in garbage time with opposing D's playing prevent with the game already over.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    No. Pryor time.
    LOL, good luck with that.

Doesn't say he'll be released but if he is he's the best QB on the market and better than any QB on the roster.

And yes, it would be Geno Smith time in Oakland.

Terrelle Pryor's a joke.

Hall Of Fame

LOL....here we go again with the outlandish Raider predictions. You do this every year and then by week 3 of the season disappear until next March again.