Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: active gay nfl player considering coming out in 2013.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Some time in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    This sounds like a weird contradiction. You are willing to give them the benefits of marriage, but not the terminology? I dont get it. If there was a god who cared he wouldnt have made gay people. Simple as that.
    Marriage will be noted in individual IRS tax forms: Marriage (choose one if applicable): Heterosexual, Homosexual, Metrosexual

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously, who f*cking cares? Sexuality is a private matter and it should be treated like that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Regardless of his "hot " wife, Jeff Garcia is totally gay...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn,if it's Revis then we can kiss goodbye to that 2014 second rounder....trade him now Idzy before it's too late!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Stevan Ridley

Wow.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    Regardless of his "hot " wife, Jeff Garcia is totally gay...

of course, he or Kordell Stewart could have put this issue to bed many years ago

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brady is a fudgepacker.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Tim Tebow
    Story says "active."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay. First off I don't particularly care, but I would like to point out the holes in these arguments. Everyone in this country has equal rights. A gay man is allowed to marry. He just can't marry another man. Straight men can't marry other men either. Marriage is a religious event, that the government has recognized since this is/was a Christian nation. A civil union(call it whatever you want) that provided the exact same benifits, and burdens as marriage would equate to the same rights, without forcing churches to endorse it(freedom of religion thing). Maybe the government should stop endorsing religious marriage, and just call them all unions, or something else. I don't know.

If God didn't want gay marriage he wouldn't have made gay people. What about Serial killers? Not equating Homosexuals to serial killers. Just saying that since God created them does not mean he endorses them.

Once again I'd like to point out that I don't care, not being religious myself, but I like a good debate, and the arguments are quite frankly, pathetic.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Okay. First off I don't particularly care, but I would like to point out the holes in these arguments. Everyone in this country has equal rights. A gay man is allowed to marry. He just can't marry another man. Straight men can't marry other men either. Marriage is a religious event, that the government has recognized since this is/was a Christian nation. A civil union(call it whatever you want) that provided the exact same benifits, and burdens as marriage would equate to the same rights, without forcing churches to endorse it(freedom of religion thing). Maybe the government should stop endorsing religious marriage, and just call them all unions, or something else. I don't know.

If God didn't want gay marriage he wouldn't have made gay people. What about Serial killers? Not equating Homosexuals to serial killers. Just saying that since God created them does not mean he endorses them.

Once again I'd like to point out that I don't care, not being religious myself, but I like a good debate, and the arguments are quite frankly, pathetic.

With logic like that, I can't see why you're not on the Supreme Court

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post

As much as some want it to be, we are not a Christian nation per se. In fact the fastest growing group is atheists or agnostics. Why should they follow laws based on a book of a religion they don't follow?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    are you coming out of the closet here?

spit it out

At most I'm bi-curious.

(We still on for Queechee?)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vince Wilfork.

He's married to a man, so no real mystery there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    are you coming out of the closet here?

spit it out
    If you show FF2 some love it makes it easier for him to swallow..

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    This movement has gained a lot of momentum lately. I don't think it's a huge issue. Personally, I don't really support gay "marriage" per se, although I think civil unions should be allowed and every right granted to straight married people should be given to gay people forming civil unions (beneficiaries, adoption, estate planning, etc.). In other words, I think the term "marriage" should continue to be reserved for only a man and a woman, but maybe that's just a religious/terminology thing stuck in my head. Gay people and couples should have every right that straight people have including protection from discrimination, etc. So I'm hoping that a NFL player coming out is really just a non-event.
    That's my thinking as well.. Now if you want to change what the term marriage is (one man one women) then open it up for the Mormons that want more then one wife.. Or 2 men and 1 women,a guy and his lamb,cow,dog or cat..etc Whatever combination the mind can think of otherwise their alleged civil rights will be violated.. As for a gay football player who cares as long as he scores on the field as well..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    "active gay nfl player...."

active gay meaning what exactly?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    That's my thinking as well.. Now if you want to change what the term marriage is (one man one women) then open it up for the Mormons that want more then one wife.. Or 2 men and 1 women,a guy and his lamb,cow,dog or cat..etc Whatever combination the mind can think of otherwise their alleged civil rights will be violated.. As for a gay football player who cares as long as he scores on the field as well..
    The real issue is that "Marriage" is both a defined religious term AND a defined civil term. The defined civil term refers to the equal benefits and such. At this point there's no way to change that, and thus the only logical solution is to call every marriage, a marriage.

The animal argument is ridiculous and a total non-starter. Animals cannot consent to marriage. Not even Cesar Millan can get a dog to consent to marriage, sex, etc.

The 3 person marriage is a whole lot different. The real problem in a super traditional Mormon marriage (fundamentalism) is that the wife is binded as subservient to the man. If there was a sect that had true equality among a 3 person marriage, then it's something that really could be a conversation. Of course, I don't really know how a split would work in that scenario.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    The 3 person marriage is a whole lot different. The real problem in a super traditional Mormon marriage (fundamentalism) is that the wife is binded as subservient to the man. If there was a sect that had true equality among a 3 person marriage, then it's something that really could be a conversation. Of course, I don't really know how a split would work in that scenario.
    It would end with one suicidal husband.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Insecure men care.

Insecure men are the bane of modern society. Think of a social injustice, crazy tyrant, oppression, or abuse of power and manipulation of citizens, and you are sure to find an insecure man behind it.
    You sir, are a bright mind. Well said.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    The real issue is that "Marriage" is both a defined religious term AND a defined civil term. The defined civil term refers to the equal benefits and such. At this point there's no way to change that, and thus the only logical solution is to call every marriage, a marriage.

The animal argument is ridiculous and a total non-starter. Animals cannot consent to marriage. Not even Cesar Millan can get a dog to consent to marriage, sex, etc. The 3 person marriage is a whole lot different. The real problem in a super traditional Mormon marriage (fundamentalism) is that the wife is binded as subservient to the man. If there was a sect that had true equality among a 3 person marriage, then it's something that really could be a conversation. Of course, I don't really know how a split would work in that scenario.
    How do you know did a dog tell you that??