Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: active gay nfl player considering coming out in 2013.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Is it a big deal? No

Will it be a huge deal in a team locker room? Hells yes
    Scott Fujita's only message is that it WON'T; players are well-paid prfessionals; not thugs without family.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    common - gay marriage is on the front page of google news and the NYT; it's the Human Rights struggle of this era.

Man whore; attention whore - what's the difference?
    Geez Fred you have been in SF too long.. And what happened to the Human rights of Polygamists??

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott Fujita's only message is that it WON'T; players are well-paid prfessionals; not thugs without family.
    If you were the center with a gay QB you may think differently..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baldnuts1 View Post
    Are we playing guess the fag?
    Yes

Ocho Cinco ...Flaming

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    common - gay marriage is on the front page of google news and the NYT; it's the Human Rights struggle of this era.

Man whore; attention whore - what's the difference?
    LOL. You got me there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Thanks for the respectful response, and there's no way I'm going to touch the straight line you gave me about being on the short end of the stick. I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole.

Let me sum up my feelings in as short a time as I can.

We The People have voted on homosexual marriage and have overwhelmingly chosen not to support it. That does not make those votes wrong. What's wrong is taking those votes and handing them over to an appointed judge to be overturned. And now the USSC is going to make a decision after adding a supporter of lesbian rights. It looks to me like the plight of the homosexual hasn't been the short end of the stick.
    If you consider those rights to be the same as straight people rights, then it has been the short end of the stick.

I found this gallup poll from 2011. I have no reason to believe it's falsified, but I can't confirm for sure. But Interracial marriage didn't have majority support in the US until the mid 1990s.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/149390/re...marriages.aspx

The difference is that interracial marriage was legal nationally long before it was widely accepted.

Are we playing guess the fag?
    I know you are joking, but I don't really think saying "are we playing 'guess the kike, nigger, spic' etc, would be well appreciated either.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    If you consider those rights to be the same as straight people rights, then it has been the short end of the stick.

I found this gallup poll from 2011. I have no reason to believe it's falsified, but I can't confirm for sure. But Interracial marriage didn't have majority support in the US until the mid 1990s.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/149390/re...marriages.aspx

The difference is that interracial marriage was legal nationally long before it was widely accepted.

I know you are joking, but I don't really think saying "are we playing 'guess the kike, nigger, spic' etc, would be well appreciated either.
    There are places today where people frown on inter-religious marriage.. Some orthodox religions have bans on marrying outside of your faith..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it a big deal? No

Will it be a huge deal in a team locker room? Hells yes
    It will all depend on how its handled. If the teammates rally in support it wont be a distraction anymore than Tebow has been.

After a few players come out, it wont be a issue any longer. The first may be a distraction.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    or vice versa.... Question is... Who is it???

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Oh, and this comparison between the horrible oppression of blacks for their skin color during the 60's to a disagreement about homosexuality is something that needs it's own thread. We do a disservice to the victims of the atrocities that took place back then by comparing it to the homosexual experience now.

Why? Because they're "gay"? Got it. I'm sure plenty of people thought black folks were doing fine at the time as well.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Has there ever been a Creamy Center in the NFL?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I call BS

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    It will all depend on how its handled. If the teammates rally in support it wont be a distraction anymore than Tebow has been.

After a few players come out, it wont be a issue any longer. The first may be a distraction.
    Jon

NFL players.....the machoist of macho-men will have issues with a gay man in the locker room. These guys shower sh1t and shave together....no chance they will feel comfortable enough to do this in front of a gay man

I understand gay this and gay that is in......you and I have no problem with it.....but the brotherhood of teammates surely will

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Phill McCrevice for the Browns?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post

I think a gay player will be a big problem for the team in general form the front office to the players in the locker room.

First you will have a media circus and the players will have to be on their best behavior not to say any derogatory things, it will be very difficult for all the players not to get baited .

I am sure there will be a large portion of the players that don't want them in the locker room while they are showering and changing it could create a hostile work environment.

The front office will have its hands full with the media and keeping the players in line as to not break work environment rules.

It will not be easy for everyone involved and there will be a number of the teams fans will not be very receptive to a gay player on their favorite team.

Its really a tough situation but a situation that will have to be dealt with.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    I think a gay player will be a big problem for the team in general form the front office to the players in the locker room.
    Good point....look how the media handles a good kid, that is religious, and handles himself like a true gentleman.

They will be all over a gay man with a team..daily media circus

Can you imagine if a gay guy comes clean, and he's on the Jets?

The media will make the Tebow circus look like a day at the beach

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jon

NFL players.....the machoist of macho-men will have issues with a gay man in the locker room. These guys shower sh1t and shave together....no chance they will feel comfortable enough to do this in front of a gay man

I understand gay this and gay that is in......you and I have no problem with it.....but the brotherhood of teammates surely will
    They wear earings, adorn their bodies with tat's, wear paint on their faces, put on pants that are way to tight, wear shoulder pads, pump themselves up, flex in public, dance with each other in public.

Machoist of macho-men, give me a break. The NFL player today fits practically every gay stereo type.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    it shouldn't be a big deal coming out.. But making it into a big production saying " will come out soon" is a bit dramatic, which is ironic because being dramatic is consistent with the stereotype of gays..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't care if I was the only straight guy on a team of gay synchronized swimmers. I am comfortable with who I am and someone else being gay doesn't change who I am. "No thanks bro, but I am flattered." The end.

Grow the fukc up people!