Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: active gay nfl player considering coming out in 2013.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of these responses are hilarious.

The reality is there will be heavy media coverage during one 24 hour news cycle, and then things will die down dramatically. Players in the locker room will largely accept their gay teammate. Most NFL players are under the age of 30, a demographic which widely accepts gays.

The arguments that it's going to be pure hysteria throughout the football organization and a circus with the media are simply nonsensical and overly dramatic. Many of these same arguments were made regarding the repeal of DADT in the military a couple of years ago. Miraculously, our military is just fine, and we'll see the same exact result in the NFL as well.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Jon

NFL players.....the machoist of macho-men will have issues with a gay man in the locker room. These guys shower sh1t and shave together....no chance they will feel comfortable enough to do this in front of a gay man

I understand gay this and gay that is in......you and I have no problem with it.....but the brotherhood of teammates surely will
    I honestly think grown men wouldn't have an issue with it. I mean it's basically like having some tough ugly chick on the team that helps the team just like any other teammate. Would you be too shy or uncomfortable to shower in front of a chick?

Locker rooms are full of many different emotions. Though none of a sexual nature.

Until of course some bangin Spanish reporter comes in flauting her goodies.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not know who it is, but I am sure Gizelle does not like this news one bit.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    They wear earings, adorn their bodies with tat's, wear paint on their faces, put on pants that are way to tight, wear shoulder pads, pump themselves up, flex in public, dance with each other in public.

Machoist of macho-men, give me a break. The NFL player today fits practically every gay stereo type.
    lmao

So you're saying that "going in the middle" could be just as important as "going over the middle".

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    it shouldn't be a big deal coming out.. But making it into a big production saying " will come out soon" is a bit dramatic, which is ironic because being dramatic is consistent with the stereotype of gays..
    It's also testing the waters to see what kind of reactions come back. I doubt many NFL players are talking about it, but probably a few are, and maybe the player is gauging to see how his friends and teammates respond.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if the 3 straight women in the WNBA have a problem changing in front of the lesbians?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    I wonder if the 3 straight women in the WNBA have a problem changing in front of the lesbians?
    WNBA??? that still exist?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    WNBA??? that still exist?
    Where do you find time to post?

I can't even get Murray to return my phone call!

WTF is the minimum distribution for an inherited IRA?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whoever it is I'm pretty sure Tim Tebow f*cked him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Have you ever seen the women who play in the wnba? I don't think there's a lesbian out there who would ever want to hit that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    lmao

So you're saying that "going in the middle" could be just as important as "going over the middle".
    If the Village People did a comeback tour and replaced the Fireman with Ray Lewis or Colin Kaepernick would anyone notice?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    Freeman said his sources have so far refused to identify the player who may come out.

RELATED: RELIGION STANDS IN WAY OF OPENLY GAY NFLER: EX-QB

There has never been an openly gay man on the roster of any major league professional team. But several athletes, including the NFL's Esera Tuaolo, the NBA's John Amaechi and Major League Baseball's Glenn Burke came out after retirement.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2Oh0Zlfdo
    I guess Brady must feel he is near thenend of his caREAR and only has a couple of years to deal with it so why not come out now - although I am sure his center will be sweating it out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Im going with Vernon Davis. Owns an art gallery and does interior decorating on the side.
    What about Sanchez and his Broadway Show Tunes and Bieber concerts?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    If the Village People did a comeback tour and replaced the Fireman with Ray Lewis or Colin Kaepernick would anyone notice?
    Hmmmm....I am enjoying this line of thinking. I guess the only way anyone could tell is by observing the increased number of 49er jerseys in their audience.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    it shouldn't be a big deal coming out.. But making it into a big production saying " will come out soon" is a bit dramatic, which is ironic because being dramatic is consistent with the stereotype of gays..
    CBSSports.com NFL writer Mike Freeman writes that current and former players have told him that the player is not worried about the reaction of teammates. But he is worried about an ugly — and possibly violent — homophobic fan backlash.
    I find that interesting. I'/m not totally surprised about it, though. A few players have commented that they wouldn't want a gay teammate. Less have commented that they would welcome it. And the 95% who haven't commented, probably really don't care either, as long as the guy helps the team win.

Fan backlash and media distraction are far louder than teammates who have a job to do.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I find that interesting. I'/m not totally surprised about it, though. A few players have commented that they wouldn't want a gay teammate. Less have commented that they would welcome it. And the 95% who haven't commented, probably really don't care either, as long as the guy helps the team win.

Fan backlash and media distraction are far louder than teammates who have a job to do.

Considering the smattering of insults thrown the opposing team's way on their players, this would get FUGLY real fast....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    I honestly think grown men wouldn't have an issue with it. I mean it's basically like having some tough ugly chick on the team that helps the team just like any other teammate. Would you be too shy or uncomfortable to shower in front of a chick?

Locker rooms are full of many different emotions. Though none of a sexual nature.

Until of course some bangin Spanish reporter comes in flauting her goodies.
    How enlightened you are. Your analogy for describing a gay man is a tough ugly chick. Mega-lolz on that one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    How enlightened you are. Your analogy for describing a gay man is a tough ugly chick. Mega-lolz on that one.
    Yes we all know that gay men are neither tough, nor ugly. That is what you're saying isn't it?

At least the gay man that is considering coming out in 2013 is active. Nice for an NFL player to be active.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Yes we all know that gay men are neither tough, nor ugly. That is what you're saying isn't it?

At least the gay man that is considering coming out in 2013 is active. Nice for an NFL player to be active.
    No. Not what I'm saying at all.

May be tough. May be not. May be ugly. May be not. But definitely NOT a chick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Have you ever seen the women who play in the wnba? I don't think there's a lesbian out there who would ever want to hit that.
    Not surprisingly, there are exceptions to such blanket statements, e.g.