Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: active gay nfl player considering coming out in 2013.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tight end Gronkowski is cool with having a gay teammate.

Gronk discussed his wild ride over the last few months during an interview on ESPN New York radio on Thursday. During the interview, he also openly addressed the idea of having a gay teammate. “You have to accept the player,” Gronkowski said. “Everyone has their own ways to live their life, and as long as he’s respecting me, keeping distance, respecting myself, then I will respect him back. If he’s being a great teammate and he’s a guy on the field doing a great job, then you have nothing to complain about. He’s another teammate and another friend.”
    Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/03/rob-gronkows...-patriots-win/

Luckily for both of them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    The real issue is that "Marriage" is both a defined religious term AND a defined civil term. The defined civil term refers to the equal benefits and such. At this point there's no way to change that, and thus the only logical solution is to call every marriage, a marriage.

The animal argument is ridiculous and a total non-starter. Animals cannot consent to marriage. Not even Cesar Millan can get a dog to consent to marriage, sex, etc.

The 3 person marriage is a whole lot different. The real problem in a super traditional Mormon marriage (fundamentalism) is that the wife is binded as subservient to the man. If there was a sect that had true equality among a 3 person marriage, then it's something that really could be a conversation. Of course, I don't really know how a split would work in that scenario.
    Actually, the real problem (and the reason polyamorous marriage won't ever be legalized) is that too many laws are written with a two-person marriage as a base. Marriage is a two person institution.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    There are places today where people frown on inter-religious marriage.. Some orthodox religions have bans on marrying outside of your faith..
    That's not exactly odd. A marriage is supposed to be a partnership of people working towards the same goals and sharing the same core values. And if you are religious, your faith is a core value. Hence marrying someone of another faith (who doesn't sincerely convert) isn't a particularly good idea

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Actually, the real problem (and the reason polyamorous marriage won't ever be legalized) is that too many laws are written with a two-person marriage as a base. Marriage is a two person institution.
    I had actually thought about that. What does one do in a divorce? How does custody work, etc. I am less convinced that a 3+ person marriage would ever be leaglized, but that is often one of the "slippery slope" arguments from the anti-gay marriage believers.

I acknowledge that as a legit "slippery slope" question, because at least you are talking about human beings, and it's never clear how society will change over 20, 50, or 100 years. But the "'what's next', people marrying animals" argument is not a legit "slippery slope"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I had actually thought about that. What does one do in a divorce? How does custody work, etc. I am less convinced that a 3+ person marriage would ever be leaglized, but that is often one of the "slippery slope" arguments from the anti-gay marriage believers.

I acknowledge that as a legit "slippery slope" question, because at least you are talking about human beings, and it's never clear how society will change over 20, 50, or 100 years. But the "'what's next', people marrying animals" argument is not a legit "slippery slope"
    Think about inheritance issues, marital privilege, etc. The bottom line is that homosexuals are asking for access to the institution, and the rights and privileges that come with it. (And, from a civil perspective, should absolutely have it). Polyamorous marriage would require rewriting those laws

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    All this talk about equal rights, but do you guys have any idea who the most discriminated against citizens of this country are?

Single people.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    All this talk about equal rights, but do you guys have any idea who the most discriminated against citizens of this country are?

Single people.
    So you're saying that "Single People" are being held down by "The Man"?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    So you're saying that "Single People" are being held down by "The Man"?
    Yes.

And I want to be able to claim my dogs bc they are my children. The way I see it, they are more productive and better behaved than most children I know so I should be rewarded.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Single people.
    single middle class white people with no kids

sucks to be US

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    about time Tom Brady told the truth and came out

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Single people.
    Stop trying to shove your lifestyle down out throats.

Hey, sure, single are discriminated against but on the flip side, they get to be HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    single middle class white people with no kids

sucks to be US
    QFT.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Stop trying to shove your lifestyle down out throats.

Hey, sure, single are discriminated against but on the flip side, they get to be HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yea, but happiness has its price.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    QFT.

Yea, but happiness has its price.
    So does paying for 5 cars, 3 college tuitions and enough clothes to supply a small nation.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I used to really hate being single. So much more perks being married.

In bed at 9pm on Friday and Saturday
    Dirty Diapers
    Kids with snotty noses
    "Honey Do" lists
    Extra income going to kids shoes, clothes, sports, dancing,etc.

Yup, boy, I'm glad I don't have to be single for even one day