Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about Revis and the Jets

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The longer this situation plays out the more likely Revis signs a new deal with the Jets.

The CB market has been devalued so much this season, there are only a few guys making at least 10 million per year right now. If you look at what Idzik did with the Cromartie restructure, he pushed money into next year but DID NOT add any years. Cromartie can still be cut next season and save 9.5 million. Nobody is giving Revis 15 million per year, that ship has sailed and Revis' people know that. I think the likely scenario now is that Revis stays and signs long term and Cromartie is cut next season.
    I think the jets could still trade Cro next year, if Cro is willing to change his salary to a SB so that the new team would have value, It won't be much but I am sure the jets could get a late 3rd early forth.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I think the jets could still trade Cro next year, if Cro is willing to change his salary to a SB so that the new team would have value, It won't be much but I am sure the jets could get a late 3rd early forth.
    True, all the team has to do is extend Cro a couple years since 2014 is the last year of his deal. Its an easy extension for a team to do.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I think Idzik holding off on trading him mean he could potentially be trying to resign him. I hope that is the case.
    Why? So he can hold out 4 more times in the next few years. Move him and get players who aren't a constant contract issue. It is a distraction every year having him on the team. He is not as valuable as most make him out to be. He has a limited impact on the outcome of games. The defense didn't drop off with his loss last year. People need to get over their man crush for him.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    Why? So he can hold out 4 more times in the next few years. Move him and get players who aren't a constant contract issue. It is a distraction every year having him on the team. He is not as valuable as most make him out to be. He has a limited impact on the outcome of games. The defense didn't drop off with his loss last year. People need to get over their man crush for him.
    MayBe Idzik Isn't Planning On Being Here Mors Then 4 More Years And Isn't Worrying About The Next Hold Out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    The problem is it wasn't reported by the Buc's or Jets unless I was AWOL that day?? The sports media speculating on a daily basis doesn't make it fact..
    And the same posters will be on here screaming the media doesn't know anything and all they do is stir up trouble and Peter King is a patriot butt boy but if something is said positive it is the gospel truth.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Savage and patman, please provide evidence of any GM ever going to the public and saying "here is the exact offer I have on the table from this exact team, but I'm not accepting it". It's rare enough for GMs to publicly admit interest. You're right, Idzik hasn't. This in itself is not an indication of anything. You both seem to expect some type of Newyorkjets.com release telling you what's on the table from the buccaneers?

The most reliable evidence fans get about trades in any sport comes from the media. This isn't a Gary Myers crap column saying the Jets should do this or that. These are national reporters, and one patriot butt boy, citing sources. I'm sorry but this is the closest you as a fan are going to get to knowing the status of trade talks. To expect anything more is unrealistic, and as far as i know unprecedented.
    Last edited by Astoria; 03-27-2013 at 12:54 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the Jets will re-sign Revis at 11-12 mill per year to lock him up as a jet for his career. I think if there was a resonable trade out there, they would of pulled the trigger.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Savage and patman, please provide evidence of any GM ever going to the public and saying "here is the exact offer I have on the table from this exact team, but I'm not accepting it". It's rare enough for GMs to publicly admit interest. You're right, Idzik hasn't. This in itself is not an indication of anything. You both seem to expect some type of Newyorkjets.com release telling you what's on the table from the buccaneers?

The most reliable evidence fans get about trades in any sport comes from the media. This isn't a Gary Myers crap column saying the Jets should do this or that. These are national reporters, and one patriot butt boy, citing sources. I'm sorry but this is the closest you as a fan are going to get to knowing the status of trade talks. To expect anything more is unrealistic, and as far as i know unprecedented.
    Did you forget how many alleged GM's the media had going to the Jets until the I-man was picked?? Just because the media throws sh_t against the wall doesn't mean it's good sh_t.. What we expect is fact not speculation so we wait until we know what the truth is..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    And the same posters will be on here screaming the media doesn't know anything and all they do is stir up trouble and Peter King is a patriot butt boy but if something is said positive it is the gospel truth.
    Pats fans are the same way. I read earlier about the Browns giving us a 2nd for Mallet, but I also read that they're going to give us the 6th pick in the draft for him. I'll choose the 6th pick as the truth until something happens.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

And your telling me that you believe the bucs offered a 2014 1st for Revis without even talking to him to see if he is interested in playing for the bucs long term or without knowing his physical condition. And this does not sound like it came out of the Jets camp? You think the bucs would leak a story saying that they are willing to trade top picks for a guy without knowing if he is healthy. Maybe they are that stupid, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt on that one. But that is what Peter King said his source told him.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    MayBe Idzik Isn't Planning On Being Here Mors Then 4 More Years And Isn't Worrying About The Next Hold Out.
    It won't take more then 2 years for the next holdout. In 4 years he'll most likely have already have held out two more times.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    And your telling me that you believe the bucs offered a 2014 1st for Revis without even talking to him to see if he is interested in playing for the bucs long term or without knowing his physical condition. And this does not sound like it came out of the Jets camp? You think the bucs would leak a story saying that they are willing to trade top picks for a guy without knowing if he is healthy. Maybe they are that stupid, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt on that one. But that is what Peter King said his source told him.
    So patman by your logic we should be EXTREMELY skeptical of designed leaks, bargaining tactics, any and all subversive activity.

Cool.

Yet in your statement it's an absolute fact that the Bucs haven't already spoken to revis' agents about salary and expectations. Subversive activity on that front is not an option, damnit, because patman says so.

Makes a lot of sense. You Boston folks are wicked smaht.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    So we don't know if anyone has even made a bad offer for Revis.

Or know if he will make ridiculous demands.

But Idzik has to buckle under to either otherwise hes failed?

Any idiot could trade Revis for a 3rd or give him whatever money he asks for.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    They didn't talk to anyone without the Jets permission. If they did it would have been reported. And deals get done with the thought that they can convince the player to sign all the time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So patman by your logic we should be EXTREMELY skeptical of designed leaks, bargaining tactics, any and all subversive activity.

Cool.

Yet in your statement it's an absolute fact that the Bucs haven't already spoken to revis' agents about salary and expectations. Subversive activity on that front is not an option, damnit, because patman says so.

Makes a lot of sense. You Boston folks are wicked smaht.
    First, I am not even from Mass, never mind Boston.

Because why would the jets not allow him to talk to the bucs if they wanted to? And if they did I believe Revis camp would have said so. And they (revis's camp) have said publicly that they have not spoken to other teams and the jets have said they have not talked to him regarding trading him or his contract since that one time they spoke to calm revis down after woody's statement. Izdek has also said that he has not spoken about any potential trade with him since that time.

These are the facts that they have said with a microphone in front of them. Those statements I take at face value, If a guy is willing to say something publicly I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt. Unattributed sources do not get that benefit of belief. Specially when the source makes a statement that the bucs would be willing to make the trade "sight unseen"

The Bucs may very well make that trade with them, Ditka traded almost a whole draft for Williams and The vikings even more for Walker, stupid moves both. But just because those bad trades happened does not make me believe a "report" that a team would trade for Revis without discussing his contract with him. I think Revis is worth a #1 in 2014 to the bucs and they should make the trade if Revis wants 11-12 mill a year. I just don't put any stock in unattributed sources making such a stupid statment

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    They didn't talk to anyone without the Jets permission. If they did it would have been reported. And deals get done with the thought that they can convince the player to sign all the time.
    They do? I don't think I can recall a 1st rd pick being traded for a guy in his last year of his contract without a deal in place or at least a deal in principle.. Think of all the tag and trades that were done and try to remember if any were done without talks beforehand and this is even when the new team has the possibility of tagging the guy, something that is not available in his case..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    They do? I don't think I can recall a 1st rd pick being traded for a guy in his last year of his contract without a deal in place or at least a deal in principle.. Think of all the tag and trades that were done and try to remember if any were done without talks beforehand and this is even when the new team has the possibility of tagging the guy, something that is not available in his case..
    Not only football but in all sports. It happens, if not he becomes a rental.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    First, I am not even from Mass, never mind Boston.
    Oh my. The worst type of front-runner then. I think I recognize you from the Miami Heat forumz.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    Question about Revis and the Jets

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If the Jets fail to trade him or sign him to an extension now or after the season and he walks - should the Jets be held accountable via the media and fan base because they didn't get any compensation from him as an asset? Even if the Bucs only offered 2014 picks (which I would want compared to this year) isn't that better than receiving nothing? And a year later no matter what the Jets do this year next year we will be on the market for a franchise QB. So while Idzik is holding out for the best offer he can get, if he doesn't get anything and Revis walks will the Jets continue to be the laughing stock of the NFL?...via the press at least?

do you have the sack to sit down at the poker table, grab your cards, and lay your rent money on the hand? ... or are you gonna play the nickel slots and drink shirley temples until 10pm bedtime?

ljr

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Not only football but in all sports. It happens, if not he becomes a rental.
    I only follow football, I know crap about baseball, hockey or Basketball and have not played the game since my kid was in little league and have not watched a Baseball game on tv since the mid 90s.

yes, he becomes a rental, but nobody trades a 1st for a rental. you trade a 5th and for a guy like revis I could see a 2nd if you don't think you will be a player the next year in FA. Because you would get a 3rd as comp the following year.

When the pats traded for talib for a late 4th, I was happy as i thought if he walked the pats would have gotten a 3rd as comp as I thought being the #1 FA corner he would have gotten a 7M plus contract.
    Last edited by patman; 03-27-2013 at 08:18 PM.