Thread: 3 crappy teams want Flynn

Undrafted Free Agent

3 crappy teams want Flynn

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-...5087--nfl.html

Three teams are emerging as the leading contenders to acquire quarterback Matt Flynn from the Seattle Seahawks, according to CBS Sports.

The report indicated the Jacksonville Jaguars are the front-runner in the Flynn sweepstakes, with the Oakland Raiders and Buffalo Bills also in the mix. The Seahawks might not get more than a fourth- or fifth-round draft pick for the 27-year-old quarterback, CBS Sports reported.

Flynn was heralded as the Seahawks' quarterback of the future when he signed as a free agent last offseason, but his tenure never even began. Seattle drafted Russell Wilson in the third round last spring, and Wilson earned the starting job and made the Pro Bowl as a rookie.

The Jaguars are looking to upgrade at quarterback from Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne. CBS Sports reported that Jacksonville has plenty of salary-cap room.

The Raiders would need a quarterback if they decide they don't want to pay Carson Palmer his $13 million salary for 2013. ESPN reported Monday that Palmer won't agree to renegotiate his contract.

The Bills are in need of a new quarterback to replace Ryan Fitzpatrick, who was released by Buffalo earlier this month. Fitzpatrick wound up signing with the Tennessee Titans.

Flynn has made a total of two NFL starts since he was selected by the Green Bay Packers in the seventh round of the 2008 draft. In 37 games overall for Green Bay and Seattle, he has completed 87 of 141 passes (61.7 percent) for 1,083 yards. He's thrown nine touchdown passes and five interceptions.

Rookie
    Which continues to tell me more about what these QB needing teams think about the QB's in the draft.

I would not trade for him unless he cut his salary for this year and the trade was contingent on his performance. While Seattle could keep him they rather have the almost 6 mill to use somewhere else.

Jets Insider VIP
    So he's worth the same as Tebow, LOL. The Iggles seem to specialize in producing these trade bait QB wonders that look good while there but do nothing once they're off the team - which should give people pause about Kolb.

Hall Of Fame
    Didn't Flynn come from the Packers?

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Didn't Flynn come from the Packers?
    Yes.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    So he's worth the same as Tebow, LOL. The Iggles seem to specialize in producing these trade bait QB wonders that look good while there but do nothing once they're off the team - which should give people pause about Kolb.
    FYI: The Packers produced this trade bait wonder. They suckered the Seahawks and now the Hawks wanna cut their losses.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYDreamer View Post
    Which continues to tell me more about what these QB needing teams think about the QB's in the draft.
    Yes and no.

Trading for a player puts the control in your hand. Not in the QB that is left over after someone drafts the one you wanted ahead of you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    FYI: The Packers produced this trade bait wonder. They suckered the Seahawks and now the Hawks wanna cut their losses.
    I stand corrected. Pre-coffee posting strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    What are you talking about? Flynn was not traded but signed as a FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Revis-ed View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-...5087--nfl.html

Three teams are emerging as the leading contenders to acquire quarterback Matt Flynn from the Seattle Seahawks, according to CBS Sports.

The report indicated the Jacksonville Jaguars are the front-runner in the Flynn sweepstakes, with the Oakland Raiders and Buffalo Bills also in the mix. The Seahawks might not get more than a fourth- or fifth-round draft pick for the 27-year-old quarterback, CBS Sports reported.

Flynn was heralded as the Seahawks' quarterback of the future when he signed as a free agent last offseason, but his tenure never even began. Seattle drafted Russell Wilson in the third round last spring, and Wilson earned the starting job and made the Pro Bowl as a rookie.

The Jaguars are looking to upgrade at quarterback from Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne. CBS Sports reported that Jacksonville has plenty of salary-cap room.

The Raiders would need a quarterback if they decide they don't want to pay Carson Palmer his $13 million salary for 2013. ESPN reported Monday that Palmer won't agree to renegotiate his contract.

The Bills are in need of a new quarterback to replace Ryan Fitzpatrick, who was released by Buffalo earlier this month. Fitzpatrick wound up signing with the Tennessee Titans.

Flynn has made a total of two NFL starts since he was selected by the Green Bay Packers in the seventh round of the 2008 draft. In 37 games overall for Green Bay and Seattle, he has completed 87 of 141 passes (61.7 percent) for 1,083 yards. He's thrown nine touchdown passes and five interceptions.
    The team with a worse Qb situation than all of those teams is the Jets.

Just because Reggie Mckenzie came from Green Bay Packers organization means he has interest in everyone of there ex players .( maybe the cut one but not the ones he has to give up picks for. (picks are like Gold as raiders will be built through the draft and not FA)

I call those rumors pure BS/smokescreen if I ever saw one.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    What are you talking about? Flynn was not traded but signed as a FA.
    You're right. I stand corrected as well then. LOL

Make 0 sense for Oakland. He is what about 6 mil you have to pay. Which is a good BU money. That is all they are getting cutting Palmer. Is Palmer really that bad they would rather trade a 5th to replace him with anther teams trash at the same price? Seriously call them up right now and offer them their pick of any of our QBs for a 5th rounder. Palmer may not be a top 16 guy but he is still better then Flynn.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post

Just because Reggie Mckenzie came from Green Bay Packers organization means he has interest in everyone of there ex players .( maybe the cut one but not the ones he has to give up picks for. (picks are like Gold as raiders will be built through the draft and not FA)

Absolutely not. The Jaguars have easily got to be worse off. Henne? Gabbert? Please. Even your Raiders are a worse scenario. Mark Sanchez sucks eggs, yes. We know that, but paying Palmer 13mil this year is absolutely awful and if you guys don't like it, you have no choice but to cut him and start Pryor who might just be nothing more than another Tim Tebow. If this trade talk is true, than it's likely they have figured that out already. ALSO, its very important to point out that you guys unfortunately don't have the luxury of picking a QB this year in the second round. Something all these other teams can do. Unless you guys want to blow your 3rd overall pick on Geno Smith and ignore the rest of your massive holes on defense, the Raiders, barring a miracle turn around by Palmer are absolutely f*cked.

The Jets at least have a very viable second option in Garrard (or Kolb should they pursue him). The Bills are either taking Geno at 8, getting Flynn, or drafting Nassib to reunite him with Marrone. That is, unless we snag Nassib first , but in that case they still have plenty of other options to work with in the second. Hate to say it but the Bills are pretty well off right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NYDreamer View Post
    think about the personnel decisions of these 3 teams over the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post

With Buff I agree but Oakland and Jax I'd say no. Garrard even after not playing 2 years is still more proven option then anything those 2 have. OK maybe Prior and Gabbert give you more hope. I say that shaking my head. Realistically if you go by what you have already seen you can't expect them to look better then a vet like Garrard. At very least he knows how not to throw a game away. Yeah maybe not putting up in the 90s QBR but he isn't putting up low 70s-60s either. Henne is worse then Sanchez IMO. Maybe one of 4-5 guys who have started games in the last 3 years I can honesty say that about.