Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What will happen with Vladimir Ducasse?

Does not hurt to see where his development is by the start of TC. While maybe not ready to step up and start, could be at the beginning of his third year ready to be a solid back up. The worst case is we

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Does not hurt to see where his development is by the start of TC. While maybe not ready to step up and start, could be at the beginning of his third year ready to be a solid back up. The worst case is we
    4th year..... VLAD is a solid example of scouting reports stretching. LOOK at him. I have never seen the potential that the reports speak of. mark almost got killed under Vlads watch.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Lets forget Ducasse for a second. This one really stood out to me.

Shocking

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    McKenzie got to play in some games as a rookie but from his 2nd year on was a starter for the Jets..
    Damn, good memory Savage .. I go back twenty four hours ... then it gets kinda fuzzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Welcome to Burger King. Can I help you? - Vlad's new job
    His feet are too slow to work the front counter.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    4th year..... VLAD is a solid example of scouting reports stretching. LOOK at him. I have never seen the potential that the reports speak of. mark almost got killed under Vlads watch.
    2010 draft was the worst draft in the history of the Jets and that is saying something. Wilson is mediocre and Ducasse is a waste of time and roster spot.

Ducasse is doing really well in the running game. He still has a shot to be a very good player. He has great feet, definitely not slow. If we add Warmack and have Vlad at the other guard spot, along with Howard and the 2 Pro-Bowlers, we will have an elite run-blocking O-Line... if not the best in the league, top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    His feet are too slow to work the front counter.
    Vlad has great feet, actually. The only thing holding him back at this point is pass blocking. And I think it's more mental than physical... In other words, knowing his assignments, and when to pass a guy off and pick up a blitz, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    That was a missed assignment, not a case of being overmatched physically. Vlad gas all the tools. As a run blocker, he is right where the scouts expected him to be. Everyone knew he was a project.

No matter who is correct in this argument, one thing is very clear.

It's time for Ducasse to get his act together. If he doesn't start showing why he was drafted in the 2nd round, then he'll be gone. Assuming a worst case scenario where the Jets just do not have enough to fill their roster, he'll play this season, and if he continues his disappointing ways, he'll be GONE after the season ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    No matter who is correct in this argument, one thing is very clear.

It's time for Ducasse to get his act together. If he doesn't start showing why he was drafted in the 2nd round, then he'll be gone. Assuming a worst case scenario where the Jets just do not have enough to fill their roster, he'll play this season, and if he continues his disappointing ways, he'll be GONE after the season ends.
    +1

Don't forget. Tanny the UMASS alum loved UMASS guys, hence James I. and Vlad.

And yet, somehow, Scott Cohen, Tanny and the rest of the gang watched UMASS film and MISSED Victor Cruz.

2010 draft was the worst draft in the history of the Jets and that is saying something. Wilson is mediocre and Ducasse is a waste of time and roster spot.
    Am guessing you're not old enough to remember 1986

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Don't forget. Tanny the UMASS alum loved UMASS guys, hence James I. and Vlad.

And yet, somehow, Scott Cohen, Tanny and the rest of the gang watched UMASS film and MISSED Victor Cruz.
    Everyone missed Victor Cruz...you seriously think the Jets are the only team aware there's a football programme at UMass?

Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    Everyone missed Victor Cruz...you seriously think the Jets are the only team aware there's a football programme at UMass?
    I know everyone missed VC. But how many GM's prided themselves about scouting players from UMASS? How many UMASS alums are NFL GMs?

2 out of the 6 UMASS guys in the NFL now were guys Tanny plucked from that program. If anyone should have seen potential in VC, it was Tanny, but that of course is assuming he's a competent evaluator of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    I know everyone missed VC. But how many GM's prided themselves about scouting players from UMASS? How many UMASS alums are NFL GMs?

2 out of the 6 UMASS guys in the NFL now were guys Tanny plucked from that program. If anyone should have seen potential in VC, it was Tanny, but that of course is assuming he's a competent evaluator of talent.
    If Victor Cruz had been a Jet the last 4 years I honestly don't believe he would be Victor Cruz.He'd have disappeared into the black hole that has been our offense.luckily for him he got Eli.

People may not like him but he is a descent BU in this league. I don't see him getting cut. I think what you see right now is our Line except we add a RT to compete with Howard. We have Caleb, Vlad, Colon, Landholt, and yes Purdum that are all IL. Purdum is the LS and will likely end up the BU C in pre. Caleb and Colon start at G with Vld and Landholt fighting it out for the BU G spot. I just dont see DJ young going into camp as our only BU T. Anyone thinking this team is going G early in the draft is kidding themselves IMO. It is more likely we see Kyle Long, Dallas Thomas, Brennan Williams, or Ricky Wagner in mid late rounds then us blowing a load on anther G.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    People may not like him but he is a descent BU in this league. I don't see him getting cut. I think what you see right now is our Line except we add a RT to compete with Howard. We have Caleb, Vlad, Colon, Landholt, and yes Purdum that are all IL. Purdum is the LS and will likely end up the BU C in pre. Caleb and Colon start at G with Vld and Landholt fighting it out for the BU G spot. I just dont see DJ young going into camp as our only BU T. Anyone thinking this team is going G early in the draft is kidding themselves IMO. It is more likely we see Kyle Long, Dallas Thomas, Brennan Williams, or Ricky Wagner in mid late rounds then us blowing a load on anther G.
    Purdum is LS only. As of now Caleb is the BU C.

Jets Insider VIP

Agreed. 2011 and 2012 were better.... Idzik appears to know what he's doing but who knows.

Vlad may not ne a waste but he is plays to an UDFA status but yet we used a 2nd based on a few scouting reports from TOPPS Chewing gum co.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Purdum is LS only. As of now Caleb is the BU C.
    Caleb will end up at G. We will not have more then 2 BU OL on the team week 1. Purdum on paper is a C which is the only reason I say he will be the 2nd team C. Caleb will get that spot if Mangold goes down but it is very unlikely we keep Caleb solely as a BU C and add anther BU G.