Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st round mock with trades...full jets mock

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    People usually react with scorn when a mock is attempted with trades but I try and do at least one simply because trades do in fact happen each year
    in the 1st round and often multiple trades. Thus here is my trade heavy mock draft for you to kick around like an old football. I made all trades
    using the draft pick value chart and can document them if called upon to do so.

1 - Kansas City Chiefs - Luke Joeckel - OT - Texas A&M
    The Chiefs take the top rated OT, especially with the Brandon Albert situation lingering.

2 - Jacksonville Jaguars - Shariff Floyd - DT - Florida
    Jacksonville was 30th against the run last year and take a play making DT.

3 - Oakland Raiders - Dee Milliner - Alabama
    The Raiders might have taken Floyd if he was there, they consider Fisher but were 20th vs the pass last year and need a top notch CB.

4 - Philadelphia Eagles - Eric Fisher - OT - Central Michigan
    The Eagles have gotten their QB's killed with a poor and injured oline in recent years. They address that on going issue.

Trade: Buffalo trades with Detroit to move up #5 to get ahead of Arizona and Cleveland.

5 - Buffalo Bills - Geno Smith - QB - West Virginia
    The Bills dumped Fitzpatrick and need a franchise QB to build around.

6 - Cleveland Browns - Dion Jordan - OLB - Oregon
    Cleveland was 19th vs the run, 25th vs the pass and 16th in sacks last year and thus take the versatile athletic DE/OLB

7 - Arizona Cardinals - Lane Johnson - OT - Oklahoma
    The Cards have had oline problems for years, with no Geno Smith on the board they try and solve their LT problem.

8 - Detroit Lions - Ezekiel Ansah - DE - BYU
    The Lions lost Cliff Avril to the Seahawksand were 24th in sacks last season and thus take a chance on the Ansah.

Trade: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers trade with the New York Jets to get ahead of Tennessee, San Diego and Miami

9 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Xavier Rhodes - CB - Florida State
    CB's and olineman often get pushed up a bit on draft day. The Bucs, assuming they do not get Revis need an upgrade badly in that area.

10 - Tennessee Titans - Kenny Vaccaro - S - Texas
    The Titans signed a hammer in Bernard Pollard but still need some youth and play making ability at safety.

11 - San Diego Chargers - Chance Warmack - OG - Alabama
    The Chargers have had a suspect oline for a few years. They lost Vasquez to the Broncos and need to strenghen the interior of the o-line.

12 - Miami Dolphins - Desmond Trufant - CB - Washington
    The Phins were 27th in pass defense last year and are desperate for CB's

Trade: The Dallas Cowboys trade with the New York Jets to get ahead of Carolina and New Orleans

13 - Dallas Cowboys - Star Lotulelei - DT - Utah
    Dallas was 22nd vs the run last year and need an upgrade to the interior of their defense.

14 - Carolina Panthers - Sheldon Richardson - DT - Missouri
    Panthers need an upgrade at DT, middle of the pack in most defense categories.

15 - New Orleans Saints - Jarvis Jones - OLB - Georgia
    New Orleans defense was horrible last year, near the bottom in most categories, including 29th in sacks.

16 - St. Louis Rams - Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee
    Rams lost Amendola and I have been mocking Wr's to them for years now, why change?

17 - Pittsburgh Steelers - Barkevious Mingo - OLB - LSU
    The steelers turfed James Harrison and though they have replacements they always seem to like to pick up pass rushers.

18 - New York Jets - Jonathan Cooper - OG - North Carolina
    After trading down twice in the 1st round the Jets take an athletic high quality guard.

Trade: Minnesota Vikings trade up with the New York Giants.

19 - Minnesota Vikings - Tavon Austin - WR - West Virginia
    The Vikings lost Percy Harvin and replace him with another speedy playmaker.

20 - Chicago Bears - Alec Ogletree - LB - Georgia
    The Bears said goodbye to Urlacher and Lance Briggs is no spring chicken.

21 - Cincinnati Bengals - Matt Elam - S - Florida
    Reggie Nelson is pretty good but Crocker and Clements are fossils.

22 - St. Louis Rams - Johnathan Cyprien - S - Florida International
    The Rams have soldified TE, OT and WR but still have a gaping hole at safety.

23 - New York Giants - D.J. Fluker - OT - Alabama
    The Giants have an aging oline that has had injuries and chose a player that could play tackle or guard.

24 - Indianapolis Colts - Damontre Moore - DE - Texas A&M
    The Colts are set to lose Freeney and will need some pass rushing help.

25 - Minnesota Vikings - Kevin Minter - LB - LSU
    The Vikings lost Jasper Brinkley to free agency and require an upgrade at LB.

26 - Green Bay Packers - Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame
    The Packers retained Jermichael Finley for big bucks but lost Crabtree in free agency.

27 - Houston Texans - Keenan Allen - WR - California
    The Texans need to take some pressure off of Andre Johnson and add another passing weapon.

28 - Denver Broncos - Bjorn Werner - DE - Florida State
    The Broncos lost Dumervill in the fax fiasco and need to add a Defensive End.

29 - New England Patriots - DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Clemson
    The Pats added Amendola to replace Welker but dumped Lloyd and have been looking for a decent Wr for a while now.

30 - Atlanta Falcons - Datone Jones - DE - UCLA
    Atlanta was 25th in sacks last year and lost John Abraham.

31 - San Francisco 49ers - Eric Reid - S - LSU
    The 49ers had a major loss in Goldson in the secondary and look to replace him.

32 - Baltimore Ravens - Manti Te'o - ILB - Notre Dame
    The Ravens look past some of the bizarre behaviour of Te'o. They lost both Ray Lewis and Ellerbe and need LB help.

New York Jets - After trading down twice in the 1st round.

1 (19) - Jonathan Cooper - OG - North Carolina
    One of the top two gaurds in the draft, soldifies a weak area of the team.

2 (39) - Alex Okafor - OLB - Texas
    Pass rusher OLB

3 (72) - Gavin Escobar - TE - San Diego State
    Pass catching TE to replace Keller

3 (73) - Jamie Collins - OLB - Southern Mississippi
    Double dip at OLB, Collins is rising fast.

3 (80) - Johnathan Franklin - RB - UCLA
    And all around high character back that does a lot of things well.

4 (106) - Shawn Williams - S - Georgia
    Williams is captain material and adds to a suspect area of the D. He had a gret combine so he may have risen above this slot.

4 (114) - Kenny Stills - WR - Oklahoma
    A fast productive WR prosect to add to the stable.

5 (142) - Matt Scott - QB - Arizona
    Take a flyer on a QB who has some skills but needs a fair bit of development.

6 (179) - Josh Boyd - DT -Mississippi State
    DT/DE depth

7 (217) - Braden Brown - OT - BYU
    Depth at OT and some competition for Austin Howard in time.
    Beer, if you can give me Kwame Geathers in the 6th instead of Josh Boyd, I would sign onto this (even though I still don't like taking a OG that high )

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I agree about Milliner - in that CLE jump all over that if he's there, but I'm kind of surprised how many posters here on JI seem think OAK's not going to stretch Pryors legs for a year. They invested a pricey pick on him (Old regime i know) but they've now groomed him for 2 years and he didn't exactly look ineffective last year.

I really can't see them scrapping that project for Geno. RGIII or someone - sure, but otherwise, it's Pryor + a veteran going into next year.

(and I'm going as far as predicting Pryor will actually make OAK somewhat exciting again).
    NO carson Palmer will be the Qb when it all said and done. Their isn't much cap saving when you figure in the cost it will involve signing another veteran Qb. (not going to downgrade the position for very little savings). Raiders might draft a Qb but it won't be with their first pick.

I'm the biggest Raider homer but T Pryor right now isn't ready to be a starting Qb in this league. In his one start he showed what he capable of doing with his legs (fastest Qb in the NFL)and surprising touch on his passes. The problem is all his passes were soft. You didn't see him throw an accurate fastball once. Again till he can make all the throws accurately that an NFL Qb has to be able to make, he isn't a viable option.

I will say if used just in the red zone T Pryor could be a major weapon as he puts a lot of pressure on the defense with his legs and does have nice touch down there.

Last reason why T Pryor won't be starter head coach Dennis allen doesn't believe in him and only reason he started him the last game because the GM forced him to do so. Just a couple days before that start D Allen didn't even think he was ready to be a backup in the league.(wanted to play Leinart the last game)

The raiders will try to trade down. JMO If they can't I still say they pick Eric Fisher or Ansah. Why Ziggy Ansah because even though he raw Raiders can be patient as not much is expected from them in 2013. Reggie isn't afraid to draft raw players with tremendous upside. Ansah could be the third foreign born player on their Dline joining Jack Crawford and Christo Bilukidi)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-28-2013 at 08:46 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    NO carson Palmer will be the Qb when it all said and done. Their isn't much cap saving when you figure in the cost it will involve signing another veteran Qb. (not going to downgrade the position for very little savings). Raiders might draft a Qb but it won't be with their first pick.

I'm the biggest Raider homer but T Pryor right now isn't ready to be a starting Qb in this league. In his one start he showed what he capable of doing with his legs (fastest Qb in the NFL)and surprising touch on his passes. The problem is all his passes were soft. You didn't see him throw an accurate fastball once. Again till he can make all the throws accurately that an NFL Qb has to be able to make, he isn't a viable option.

I will say if used just in the red zone T Pryor could be a major weapon as he puts a lot of pressure on the defense with his legs and does have nice touch down there.

Last reason why T Pryor won't be starter head coach Dennis allen doesn't believe in him and only reason he started him the last game because the GM forced him to do so. Just a couple days before that start D Allen didn't even think he was ready to be a backup in the league.(wanted to play Leinart the last game)

The raiders will try to trade down. JMO If they can't I still say they pick Eric Fisher or Ansah. Why Ziggy Ansah because even though he raw Raiders can be patient as not much is expected from them in 2013. Reggie isn't afraid to draft raw players with tremendous upside. Ansah could be the third foreign born player on their Dline joining Jack Crawford and Christo Bilukidi)
    I would be very very surprised if Ansah went as high as 3. He won't.

Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    I would be very very surprised if Ansah went as high as 3. He won't.
    Ideally they probably would like to move back and than take Ziggy Ansah. If they can't I don't think Reggie Mckenzie would be afraid to take him at number3. Simple reason he believes in his ability to evaluate prospects. Premier pass rushing De's don't come along that often and if he feels that he can be one in time, without a doubt he would draft him. ( even if he has to wait a year or two to see the benefit.

The scouts thought the grueling one on one drill Raiders Dline coach coach put Ansah through might have been a little over the top, but Ansah didn't seem to have a problem with it. When you read this kind of tweet, this is the type of football player that Reggie Mckenzie looking for.

JMo I expect Raiders first to try and trade back. If they can't it will be either a premier Lt prospect Eric Fisher or Ziggy Ansah who they think could be premier pass rusher down the road. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyLksyx6H54
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-29-2013 at 06:01 PM.