Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st round mock with trades...full jets mock

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

1st round mock with trades...full jets mock

People usually react with scorn when a mock is attempted with trades but I try and do at least one simply because trades do in fact happen each year
    in the 1st round and often multiple trades. Thus here is my trade heavy mock draft for you to kick around like an old football. I made all trades
    using the draft pick value chart and can document them if called upon to do so.

1 - Kansas City Chiefs - Luke Joeckel - OT - Texas A&M
    The Chiefs take the top rated OT, especially with the Brandon Albert situation lingering.

2 - Jacksonville Jaguars - Shariff Floyd - DT - Florida
    Jacksonville was 30th against the run last year and take a play making DT.

3 - Oakland Raiders - Dee Milliner - Alabama
    The Raiders might have taken Floyd if he was there, they consider Fisher but were 20th vs the pass last year and need a top notch CB.

4 - Philadelphia Eagles - Eric Fisher - OT - Central Michigan
    The Eagles have gotten their QB's killed with a poor and injured oline in recent years. They address that on going issue.

Trade: Buffalo trades with Detroit to move up #5 to get ahead of Arizona and Cleveland.

5 - Buffalo Bills - Geno Smith - QB - West Virginia
    The Bills dumped Fitzpatrick and need a franchise QB to build around.

6 - Cleveland Browns - Dion Jordan - OLB - Oregon
    Cleveland was 19th vs the run, 25th vs the pass and 16th in sacks last year and thus take the versatile athletic DE/OLB

7 - Arizona Cardinals - Lane Johnson - OT - Oklahoma
    The Cards have had oline problems for years, with no Geno Smith on the board they try and solve their LT problem.

8 - Detroit Lions - Ezekiel Ansah - DE - BYU
    The Lions lost Cliff Avril to the Seahawksand were 24th in sacks last season and thus take a chance on the Ansah.

Trade: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers trade with the New York Jets to get ahead of Tennessee, San Diego and Miami

9 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Xavier Rhodes - CB - Florida State
    CB's and olineman often get pushed up a bit on draft day. The Bucs, assuming they do not get Revis need an upgrade badly in that area.

10 - Tennessee Titans - Kenny Vaccaro - S - Texas
    The Titans signed a hammer in Bernard Pollard but still need some youth and play making ability at safety.

11 - San Diego Chargers - Chance Warmack - OG - Alabama
    The Chargers have had a suspect oline for a few years. They lost Vasquez to the Broncos and need to strenghen the interior of the o-line.

12 - Miami Dolphins - Desmond Trufant - CB - Washington
    The Phins were 27th in pass defense last year and are desperate for CB's

Trade: The Dallas Cowboys trade with the New York Jets to get ahead of Carolina and New Orleans

13 - Dallas Cowboys - Star Lotulelei - DT - Utah
    Dallas was 22nd vs the run last year and need an upgrade to the interior of their defense.

14 - Carolina Panthers - Sheldon Richardson - DT - Missouri
    Panthers need an upgrade at DT, middle of the pack in most defense categories.

15 - New Orleans Saints - Jarvis Jones - OLB - Georgia
    New Orleans defense was horrible last year, near the bottom in most categories, including 29th in sacks.

16 - St. Louis Rams - Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee
    Rams lost Amendola and I have been mocking Wr's to them for years now, why change?

17 - Pittsburgh Steelers - Barkevious Mingo - OLB - LSU
    The steelers turfed James Harrison and though they have replacements they always seem to like to pick up pass rushers.

18 - New York Jets - Jonathan Cooper - OG - North Carolina
    After trading down twice in the 1st round the Jets take an athletic high quality guard.

Trade: Minnesota Vikings trade up with the New York Giants.

19 - Minnesota Vikings - Tavon Austin - WR - West Virginia
    The Vikings lost Percy Harvin and replace him with another speedy playmaker.

20 - Chicago Bears - Alec Ogletree - LB - Georgia
    The Bears said goodbye to Urlacher and Lance Briggs is no spring chicken.

21 - Cincinnati Bengals - Matt Elam - S - Florida
    Reggie Nelson is pretty good but Crocker and Clements are fossils.

22 - St. Louis Rams - Johnathan Cyprien - S - Florida International
    The Rams have soldified TE, OT and WR but still have a gaping hole at safety.

23 - New York Giants - D.J. Fluker - OT - Alabama
    The Giants have an aging oline that has had injuries and chose a player that could play tackle or guard.

24 - Indianapolis Colts - Damontre Moore - DE - Texas A&M
    The Colts are set to lose Freeney and will need some pass rushing help.

25 - Minnesota Vikings - Kevin Minter - LB - LSU
    The Vikings lost Jasper Brinkley to free agency and require an upgrade at LB.

26 - Green Bay Packers - Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame
    The Packers retained Jermichael Finley for big bucks but lost Crabtree in free agency.

27 - Houston Texans - Keenan Allen - WR - California
    The Texans need to take some pressure off of Andre Johnson and add another passing weapon.

28 - Denver Broncos - Bjorn Werner - DE - Florida State
    The Broncos lost Dumervill in the fax fiasco and need to add a Defensive End.

29 - New England Patriots - DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Clemson
    The Pats added Amendola to replace Welker but dumped Lloyd and have been looking for a decent Wr for a while now.

30 - Atlanta Falcons - Datone Jones - DE - UCLA
    Atlanta was 25th in sacks last year and lost John Abraham.

31 - San Francisco 49ers - Eric Reid - S - LSU
    The 49ers had a major loss in Goldson in the secondary and look to replace him.

32 - Baltimore Ravens - Manti Te'o - ILB - Notre Dame
    The Ravens look past some of the bizarre behaviour of Te'o. They lost both Ray Lewis and Ellerbe and need LB help.

New York Jets - After trading down twice in the 1st round.

1 (19) - Jonathan Cooper - OG - North Carolina
    One of the top two gaurds in the draft, soldifies a weak area of the team.

2 (39) - Alex Okafor - OLB - Texas
    Pass rusher OLB

3 (72) - Gavin Escobar - TE - San Diego State
    Pass catching TE to replace Keller

3 (73) - Jamie Collins - OLB - Southern Mississippi
    Double dip at OLB, Collins is rising fast.

3 (80) - Johnathan Franklin - RB - UCLA
    And all around high character back that does a lot of things well.

4 (106) - Shawn Williams - S - Georgia
    Williams is captain material and adds to a suspect area of the D. He had a gret combine so he may have risen above this slot.

4 (114) - Kenny Stills - WR - Oklahoma
    A fast productive WR prosect to add to the stable.

5 (142) - Matt Scott - QB - Arizona
    Take a flyer on a QB who has some skills but needs a fair bit of development.

6 (179) - Josh Boyd - DT -Mississippi State
    DT/DE depth

7 (217) - Braden Brown - OT - BYU
    Depth at OT and some competition for Austin Howard in time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets select Mingo at 9. Trade Revis for #13 and select Tavon Austin.
    Rd 2 is Nassib.

1st 3 picks:
    Mingo, Austin, Nassib.
    Sign me up.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Rd 2 is Nassib.

1st 3 picks:
    Mingo, Austin, Nassib.
    Sign me up.
    That would be a nightmare in my books...

Interesting draft beer. I'm torn on how i feel about us dropping back twice, but can't hate on Cooper. I'd like to see us acquire more than two 3rds out of that though. I'm not huge on Okafor, but as a total haul it's pretty slick.

Cheers on a lot of work. Eye opening that you have 4 safeties in round 1. Hopkins to NE is worst case scenario for us. I'm not feeling the Eifert to GB pick though. I've seen that elsewhere and it just doesn't click for me.
    Last edited by Paradis; 03-27-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    That would be a nightmare in my books...

Interesting draft beer. I'm torn on how i feel about us dropping back twice, but can't hate on Cooper. I'd like to see us acquire more than two 3rds out of that though. I'm not huge on Okafor, but as a total haul it's pretty slick.

Cheers on a lot of work. Eye opening that you have 4 safeties in round 1. Hopkins to NE is worst case scenario for us. I'm feeling the Eifert to GB pick though. I've seen that elsewhere and it just click for me.
    We get two thirds and a 4th out of it and I like the 3rd round values. I think that the value for safeties continues to rise due to the slot and TE game and there is a surprisingly large number of total **** safeties in this league.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    We get two thirds and a 4th out of it and I like the 3rd round values. I think that the value for safeties continues to rise due to the slot and TE game and there is a surprisingly large number of total **** safeties in this league.
    That's true. If you look at the team's needs going into this offseason, there's countless franchises with dire holes to fill at Safety. Like you said, I guess it's speaks to the TE domination...

I definitely see the value in Escobar and Collins with those picks. Haven't seen much on franklin. I honestly haven't watched 5 mins on the RBs this year. Haven't tickled me yet.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Love that haul, but would prefer Tavarres king or Da'rick Rogers

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Da 'Rick is #83 on my sheet and King is 159 so either of those could be swapped in place of Stills with a bit of maneuvering around.

What can you tell me about King?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    JMO Raiders aren't drafting A Cb even though its a big need. If they don't trade down they will take a player at a premier position, and not take a need player at a position that a lot further down the position of importance.

Lets see if there is a franchise Qb you take him as that is the most important position. 2 A franchise Lt to protect your Qb blind side. 3 a top pass rusher who can harass a QB

You can get a quality DT much later in the draft. When your trying to build it right. You start from both lines and work back from there. My prediction it will Be Eric Fisher or the top pass rusher on their board if they can't trade down.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Da 'Rick is #83 on my sheet and King is 159 so either of those could be swapped in place of Stills with a bit of maneuvering around.

What can you tell me about King?
    Every time I watched Bulldogs, he was running good routes and catching the ball well. He reminds me of Jericho Cothery.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rd 2 is Nassib.

1st 3 picks:
    Mingo, Austin, Nassib.
    Sign me up.
    Stay at #9 Pick Jones.
    Keep Revis tell Tampa to piss off.
    In the 2nd take Cooper.
    In the 3rd take Marcus Lattimore if sufficiently rehabbed
    Shamarko in the 4th
    Jordan Reed TE in the 5th
    Terry Sinkfield in the 6th

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Stay at #9 Pick Jones.
    Keep Revis tell Tampa to piss off.
    In the 2nd take Cooper.
    In the 3rd take Marcus Lattimore if sufficiently rehabbed
    Shamarko in the 4th
    Jordan Reed TE in the 5th
    Terry Sinkfield in the 6th
    What makes you think Cooper would be available in the second? Seems damn near impossible, particularly at 39.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rd 2 is Nassib.

1st 3 picks:
    Mingo, Austin, Nassib.
    Sign me up.
    Replace Mingo with Jones and that would be sick.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Creative ... A for effort

I don't see us trading with Tampa to allow them the second best cb in the draft though ... Rather we will try to force them to offer us more for Revis than they want to.

Also agree with the poster who said if Jarvis Jones is there at 9 ... Jordon and Ansah off the board I can't see us trading back ... And especially if he is still there at 13

Even though it's the raiders I agree they'd go QB, LT, DT, or OLB at 3 instead of CB

I like the Buffalo trade

Outside of Eli I don't recall the Giants being a team active in trades ... But I could be wrong

Thought provoking post, good stuff!

Ljr

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice work, a couple of my observations are-

With Palmer on the outs, I think Geno Smith goes there

Jordan for the Browns makes no sense in light of sherad, kluger, and quintion groves all at olb. Milner here.

That is way to early for Trufant, Jarvis Jones will complete the makeover of the linebacker core and will give a nice bookend on the opposite side from Wake. They can get somebody to play opposite Marshall with one of thier 2nds. This is a spot for a trade down if the draft falls like this.

I think that is early for Elam, I know it is a need but safety is deep, I can see them going Fluker if Smith does goes to Miami.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    nice work, a couple of my observations are-

With Palmer on the outs, I think Geno Smith goes there

Jordan for the Browns makes no sense in light of sherad, kluger, and quintion groves all at olb. Milner here.

That is way to early for Trufant, Jarvis Jones will complete the makeover of the linebacker core and will give a nice bookend on the opposite side from Wake. They can get somebody to play opposite Marshall with one of thier 2nds. This is a spot for a trade down if the draft falls like this.

I think that is early for Elam, I know it is a need but safety is deep, I can see them going Fluker if Smith does goes to Miami.
    I agree about Milliner - in that CLE jump all over that if he's there, but I'm kind of surprised how many posters here on JI seem think OAK's not going to stretch Pryors legs for a year. They invested a pricey pick on him (Old regime i know) but they've now groomed him for 2 years and he didn't exactly look ineffective last year.

I really can't see them scrapping that project for Geno. RGIII or someone - sure, but otherwise, it's Pryor + a veteran going into next year.

(and I'm going as far as predicting Pryor will actually make OAK somewhat exciting again).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I agree about Milliner - in that CLE jump all over that if he's there, but I'm kind of surprised how many posters here on JI seem think OAK's not going to stretch Pryors legs for a year. They invested a pricey pick on him (Old regime i know) but they've now groomed him for 2 years and he didn't exactly look ineffective last year.

I really can't see them scrapping that project for Geno. RGIII or someone - sure, but otherwise, it's Pryor + a veteran going into next year.

(and I'm going as far as predicting Pryor will actually make OAK somewhat exciting again).
    I don't think he showed anything last year- what, he threw 100 yards in one game? I did not think he was much of a qb in college either, but who knows the nfl is such a copy cat league maybe they will give him a shot.

When they didn't make a play for Campbell this week is when I started to believe that Smith was going to be the choice if he was there.
    Last edited by patman; 03-27-2013 at 11:38 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I don't think he showed anything last year- what, he threw 100 yards in one game? I did not think he was much of a qb in college either, but who knows the nfl is such a copy cat league maybe they will give him a shot.

When they didn't make a play for Campbell this week is when I started to believe that Smith was going to be the choice if he was there.
    Well, I kind of agree with you, I expected them to bring in a veteran - but I'm assuming they're deciding on what to do with Palmer. If I'm right on they're feeling good about Pryor - then I'd expect a Vince Young, or Kolb to end up there. If they're smart, they'd pair Tebow up with Pryor so they can run the same offense. I liked what I saw enough from him to pass on Geno and rebuild the trenches if i'm OAK.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really love it overall, just some thoughts:

Maybe take Rodgers instead of Franklin and then Christine Michael instead of Stills? Not sure where you have Michael ranked, but I am fairly high on the guy. Feel like he got the short end of the stick this year and might have been able to help A&M become even more dominant, instead of Johnny Footballs passing circus.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    People usually react with scorn when a mock is attempted with trades but I try and do at least one simply because trades do in fact happen each year
    in the 1st round and often multiple trades. Thus here is my trade heavy mock draft for you to kick around like an old football. I made all trades
    using the draft pick value chart and can document them if called upon to do so.

1 - Kansas City Chiefs - Luke Joeckel - OT - Texas A&M
    The Chiefs take the top rated OT, especially with the Brandon Albert situation lingering.

2 - Jacksonville Jaguars - Shariff Floyd - DT - Florida
    Jacksonville was 30th against the run last year and take a play making DT.

3 - Oakland Raiders - Dee Milliner - Alabama
    The Raiders might have taken Floyd if he was there, they consider Fisher but were 20th vs the pass last year and need a top notch CB.

4 - Philadelphia Eagles - Eric Fisher - OT - Central Michigan
    The Eagles have gotten their QB's killed with a poor and injured oline in recent years. They address that on going issue.

Trade: Buffalo trades with Detroit to move up #5 to get ahead of Arizona and Cleveland.

5 - Buffalo Bills - Geno Smith - QB - West Virginia
    The Bills dumped Fitzpatrick and need a franchise QB to build around.

6 - Cleveland Browns - Dion Jordan - OLB - Oregon
    Cleveland was 19th vs the run, 25th vs the pass and 16th in sacks last year and thus take the versatile athletic DE/OLB

7 - Arizona Cardinals - Lane Johnson - OT - Oklahoma
    The Cards have had oline problems for years, with no Geno Smith on the board they try and solve their LT problem.

8 - Detroit Lions - Ezekiel Ansah - DE - BYU
    The Lions lost Cliff Avril to the Seahawksand were 24th in sacks last season and thus take a chance on the Ansah.

Trade: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers trade with the New York Jets to get ahead of Tennessee, San Diego and Miami

9 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Xavier Rhodes - CB - Florida State
    CB's and olineman often get pushed up a bit on draft day. The Bucs, assuming they do not get Revis need an upgrade badly in that area.

10 - Tennessee Titans - Kenny Vaccaro - S - Texas
    The Titans signed a hammer in Bernard Pollard but still need some youth and play making ability at safety.

11 - San Diego Chargers - Chance Warmack - OG - Alabama
    The Chargers have had a suspect oline for a few years. They lost Vasquez to the Broncos and need to strenghen the interior of the o-line.

12 - Miami Dolphins - Desmond Trufant - CB - Washington
    The Phins were 27th in pass defense last year and are desperate for CB's

Trade: The Dallas Cowboys trade with the New York Jets to get ahead of Carolina and New Orleans

13 - Dallas Cowboys - Star Lotulelei - DT - Utah
    Dallas was 22nd vs the run last year and need an upgrade to the interior of their defense.

14 - Carolina Panthers - Sheldon Richardson - DT - Missouri
    Panthers need an upgrade at DT, middle of the pack in most defense categories.

15 - New Orleans Saints - Jarvis Jones - OLB - Georgia
    New Orleans defense was horrible last year, near the bottom in most categories, including 29th in sacks.

16 - St. Louis Rams - Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee
    Rams lost Amendola and I have been mocking Wr's to them for years now, why change?

17 - Pittsburgh Steelers - Barkevious Mingo - OLB - LSU
    The steelers turfed James Harrison and though they have replacements they always seem to like to pick up pass rushers.

18 - New York Jets - Jonathan Cooper - OG - North Carolina
    After trading down twice in the 1st round the Jets take an athletic high quality guard.

Trade: Minnesota Vikings trade up with the New York Giants.

19 - Minnesota Vikings - Tavon Austin - WR - West Virginia
    The Vikings lost Percy Harvin and replace him with another speedy playmaker.

20 - Chicago Bears - Alec Ogletree - LB - Georgia
    The Bears said goodbye to Urlacher and Lance Briggs is no spring chicken.

21 - Cincinnati Bengals - Matt Elam - S - Florida
    Reggie Nelson is pretty good but Crocker and Clements are fossils.

22 - St. Louis Rams - Johnathan Cyprien - S - Florida International
    The Rams have soldified TE, OT and WR but still have a gaping hole at safety.

23 - New York Giants - D.J. Fluker - OT - Alabama
    The Giants have an aging oline that has had injuries and chose a player that could play tackle or guard.

24 - Indianapolis Colts - Damontre Moore - DE - Texas A&M
    The Colts are set to lose Freeney and will need some pass rushing help.

25 - Minnesota Vikings - Kevin Minter - LB - LSU
    The Vikings lost Jasper Brinkley to free agency and require an upgrade at LB.

26 - Green Bay Packers - Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame
    The Packers retained Jermichael Finley for big bucks but lost Crabtree in free agency.

27 - Houston Texans - Keenan Allen - WR - California
    The Texans need to take some pressure off of Andre Johnson and add another passing weapon.

28 - Denver Broncos - Bjorn Werner - DE - Florida State
    The Broncos lost Dumervill in the fax fiasco and need to add a Defensive End.

29 - New England Patriots - DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Clemson
    The Pats added Amendola to replace Welker but dumped Lloyd and have been looking for a decent Wr for a while now.

30 - Atlanta Falcons - Datone Jones - DE - UCLA
    Atlanta was 25th in sacks last year and lost John Abraham.

31 - San Francisco 49ers - Eric Reid - S - LSU
    The 49ers had a major loss in Goldson in the secondary and look to replace him.

32 - Baltimore Ravens - Manti Te'o - ILB - Notre Dame
    The Ravens look past some of the bizarre behaviour of Te'o. They lost both Ray Lewis and Ellerbe and need LB help.

New York Jets - After trading down twice in the 1st round.

1 (19) - Jonathan Cooper - OG - North Carolina
    One of the top two gaurds in the draft, soldifies a weak area of the team.

2 (39) - Alex Okafor - OLB - Texas
    Pass rusher OLB

3 (72) - Gavin Escobar - TE - San Diego State
    Pass catching TE to replace Keller

3 (73) - Jamie Collins - OLB - Southern Mississippi
    Double dip at OLB, Collins is rising fast.

3 (80) - Johnathan Franklin - RB - UCLA
    And all around high character back that does a lot of things well.

4 (106) - Shawn Williams - S - Georgia
    Williams is captain material and adds to a suspect area of the D. He had a gret combine so he may have risen above this slot.

4 (114) - Kenny Stills - WR - Oklahoma
    A fast productive WR prosect to add to the stable.

5 (142) - Matt Scott - QB - Arizona
    Take a flyer on a QB who has some skills but needs a fair bit of development.

6 (179) - Josh Boyd - DT -Mississippi State
    DT/DE depth

7 (217) - Braden Brown - OT - BYU
    Depth at OT and some competition for Austin Howard in time.
    I think doing this is just saying that we are not in it to do anything but wait for next season and i didnt wait all year to see this... sorry its just my opinion. I think we trade once but not that far down

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJet85 View Post
    I think doing this is just saying that we are not in it to do anything but wait for next season and i didnt wait all year to see this... sorry its just my opinion. I think we trade once but not that far down
    Regardless we are in it to wait for next season. I think the Jets will surprise record wise but we have a lot of holes. Not just holes that have to be plugged but holes that have to be plugged with good players if we want to contend.

Make no mistake if at #9 there is a player the Jets really like they will make the pick and not even entertain ideas of trading down. However I see some really good value in the mid rounds this year.