Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Jets Draft Prospect Workouts & Meetings thread

All Pro

2013 Jets Draft Prospect Workouts & Meetings thread

Somebody usually manages one these... so I'll at least start it. (source - walterfootball)

Legend:
    SR - Senior Bowl meeting.
    EW - East-West Shrine meeting.
    COM - Combine meeting.
    INT - Interested.
    VINT - Very Interested.
    PRO - Pro Day meeting.
    PRI - Private Workout.
    % - indicates more than one meeting.
    # - indicates meeting set up outside of the 2013 Senior Bowl or the 2013 East-West Shrine Game

New York Jets:
    Anthony Amos, WR, Middle Tennessee State (EW)
    Matt Barkley, QB, USC (COM)
    Josh Boyd, DL, Mississippi State (EW)
    William Campbell, DL, Michigan (PRI)
    Alex Carder, QB, Western Michigan (EW)
    Zac Dysert, QB, Miami Of Ohio (SR)
    Courtney Gardner, WR, Sierra (PRI)
    Gerald Hodges, LB, Penn State (EW)
    Wes Horton, DL, USC (EW)
    D.C. Jefferson, TE, Rutgers (EW)
    Dion Jordan, DL, Oregon (PRI)
    Kendial Lawrence, RBm Missouri (PRO)
    Josh Martin, OLB, Columbia (VINT)
    Miguel Maysonet, RB, Stony Brook (PRI)
    Kevin McDermott, LS, UCLA (VINT)
    Leon McFadden, DB, San Diego State (SR)
    Brandon McGee, CB, Miami (EW)
    Christine Michael%, RB, Texas A&M (PRI) (VINT) (EW%)
    Sio Moore, LB, Connecticut (EW)
    Zeke Motta, S, Notre Dame (EW)
    Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse (PRI)
    Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech (COM)
    Kevin Reddick, LB, North Carolina (SR)
    Sheldon Richardson, DL, Missouri (PRO)
    Quinn Sharp, PK, Oklahoma State (SR)
    Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia (PRO)
    Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford (SR)
    Kayvon Webster, CB, South Florida (EW)
    Duke Williams, S, Nevada (EW)
    Kerwynn Williams, RB, Utah State (EW)
    Margus Hunt, DE, SMU (PRO)

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    Sources: Michigan State running back Le'Veon Bell has Jets, Cowboys visits, private workout with them, Buccaneers: http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=1278735&nid=6202895&fhn=1 …

just wondering if anyone thinks it's at all telling that the jets, who really need another qb, have scheduled a private workout only with nassib?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    just wondering if anyone thinks it's at all telling that the jets, who really need another qb, have scheduled a private workout only with nassib?
    depends on your definition of "really need a QB". If you subscribe to the thinking of "they really don't need one of these" like i do, then I'd interpret this as they're doing their homework on a local talent and potential opponent if BUF drafts him.

If you believe what you do, then I guess we're talking Nassib @ 9 and I'll be suiciding by 10.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    Sources: Michigan State running back Le'Veon Bell has Jets, Cowboys visits, private workout with them, Buccaneers: http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=1278735&nid=6202895&fhn=1
    Ugh, productive player but sounds to be like the 2nd coming of Greene from what I have seen and heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    depends on your definition of "really need a QB". If you subscribe to the thinking of "they really don't need one of these" like i do, then I'd interpret this as they're doing their homework on a local talent and potential opponent if BUF drafts him.

If you believe what you do, then I guess we're talking Nassib @ 9 and I'll be suiciding by 10.
    my definition of really needing a qb is based on the fact that sanchez was the 31st ranked qb last year, and garrard hasn't taken a snap in 2 years, and tebow is likely to be released, and mcelroy is a non-factor.

i guess i would have expected more meetings set with with qbs, like what the bills are doing.

All Pro
    my definition of really needing a qb is based on the fact that sanchez was the 31st ranked qb last year, and garrard hasn't taken a snap in 2 years, and tebow is likely to be released, and mcelroy is a non-factor.

i guess i would have expected more meetings set with with qbs, like what the bills are doing.
    Oh - I'm with you on our roster being devoid of a long-term solution. Hell, debatably even a short term one! ..but that's the 2013 Jets. None of these turkeys are going to change the landscape. We're going to have to get through this next "Dark" year and address that problem in 2014. The horrendous class of QBs this year has almost assured that.

The coaching staff sees it. Idzik sees it. I think most of JI sees it too.

Oh - I'm with you on our roster being devoid of a long-term solution. Hell, debatably even a short term one! ..but that's the 2013 Jets. None of these turkeys are going to change the landscape. We're going to have to get through this next "Dark" year and address that problem in 2014. The horrendous class of QBs this year has almost assured that.

The coaching staff sees it. Idzik sees it. I think most of JI sees it too.
    another thing i find interesting, is that of all the prospects the jets have set up meeting with, only 2 - gino and jordan - are considered first rounders.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Ugh, productive player but sounds to be like the 2nd coming of Greene from what I have seen and heard.
    +1

I'm a BIG fan of this year's RB class -- loads of depth and potential in the 2nd-4th rounds -- but Bell is certainly not one of those players I'm interested in.

Guys I like:

Gio Bernard
    Johnathan Franklin
    Christine Michael
    Montee Ball

Mike Gillislee (as a ~4th-5th rounder)

@RavensInsider: Source: Miami CB Brandon McGee has private workouts for Eagles, Bears, Jets interest from Patriots, Redskins, Vikings http://t.co/5jtkumKf5e

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    +1

I'm a BIG fan of this year's RB class -- loads of depth and potential in the 2nd-4th rounds -- but Bell is certainly not one of those players I'm interested in.

Guys I like:

Gio Bernard
    Johnathan Franklin
    Christine Michael
    Montee Ball

Mike Gillislee (as a ~4th-5th rounder)
    Mike Goodson and Christine Michael are clones who happened to attend the same University. If i were looking to add a RB late in the draft, this is the player i would target. The Jets need playmakers on offense, and between Michael, Chris Harper and a player like Dion Simms, you could add pop to the offense provided we get a QB.

Source: Jonathan Cyprien to visit or work out for dozen NFL teams, including Dolphins, Redskins
    by Aaron Wilson of Scout.com, April 1, 2013 at 5:09 pm ET

Jonathan Cyprien Profile

Florida International safety Jonathan Cyprien has a dozen combined visits and private workouts, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

That includes the Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Dallas Cowboys, Miami Dolphins, Jacksonville Jaguars, Washington Redskins, Arizona Cardinals, New York Jets, Tennessee Titans, Cleveland Browns, San Francisco 49ers and the Houston Texans.

Cyprien is a fast-rising draft prospect who had a 38-inch vertical leap at the NFL scouting combine.

At his campus Pro Day workout, Cyprien ran the 40-yard dash in 4.6 seconds and bench pressed 225 pounds 18 times with a 9-11 broad jump, a 4.44 20-yard shuttle and a 7.01 three-cone drill.

> The hard-hitting Miami Beach native and All-Sun Belt Conference selection played in the Senior Bowl where he excelled.

As a senior, Cyprien had 93 tackles, 3 1/2 for losses, five pass deflections and four interceptions with one forced fumble.

As a junior, Cyprien registered 81 tackles, 5 1/2 for losses, one intreception and eight pass deflections.

As a sophomore, Cyprien had 113 tackles, an interception and three for losses with six pass deflections.

Cyprien had 78 tackles as a freshman with oan interception and two forced fumbles.

Cyprien has drawn high marks from NFL scouts for his size, athleticism, toughness, instincts and character.

For more coverage of the NFL, go to profootball.scout.com.

Follow me on Twitter: @RavensInsider

is it strange that the only players the jets have met with, who are projected to go in the top 10, are gino and jordan? wouldn't you think they'd meet with more top guys? any indication they've had discussions of trading back?

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    @Jeff_McLane: Oregon OLB Dion Jordan will visit the #Eagles today and tomorrow, per @RapSheet. He is then scheduled to visit the Jets

@TonyPauline: Ezekiel Ansah/DE/BYU; visiting Eagles today then on to Cleveland & Arizona...Ansah has no visit or workout scheduled with New York Jets

Hall Of Fame
    ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Patriots schedule a visit with a guy projected to go around 20 picks before they have one http://wp.me/p14QSB-81Sy

So you dont have to open the link, it is Dion Jordan.

All League
    is it strange that the only players the jets have met with, who are projected to go in the top 10, are gino and jordan? wouldn't you think they'd meet with more top guys? any indication they've had discussions of trading back?
    I'm curious about this as well. Shouldn't we have more visits scheduled? Most of the guys on this list are very late or even undrafted prospects. Maybe Idzik is using that "First-Pick.com" and thinks he can trade down until he has every pick in the 4,5,6, and 7th round.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Please Greene never Hurdled or spun around Defenders or has the Hands that Bell has...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I'm curious about this as well. Shouldn't we have more visits scheduled? Most of the guys on this list are very late or even undrafted prospects. Maybe Idzik is using that "First-Pick.com" and thinks he can trade down until he has every pick in the 4,5,6, and 7th round.
    Lol... gawd I hope not!

I'm encouraged by hearing that we're not bringing in Ansah. I'm hoping that's indicative of this office understanding the obvious... he is not an OLB.

Hall Of Fame
    Lol... gawd I hope not!

I'm encouraged by hearing that we're not bringing in Ansah. I'm hoping that's indicative of this office understanding the obvious... he is not an OLB.
    A lot of it is smokescreens. Look at the Eagles, they are bringing in everyone rumored to be in the top 10 and then some.