Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: McShay Mock 4.0: First two-round projection

Every time I have seen Mingo play he seems to fly around the field but never seems to get in on the play.

If we pass on the O with both top picks I am going to start to believe that Woody is stacking the deck for Bridgewater. Woody tells Idzik "get me Bridgewater" and Idzik tells him that he is not available. Woody channels George Steinbrenner and screams "I don't care, just get him here!"

Seriously though, if we don't the O some help we will get outscored by some teams Specials and D next year.

As far as Floyd is concerned, we can not take Floyd. I repeat. We can not draft Floyd. We have too many gapping holes on this team to draft a position where we at least have someone to give us hope at that spot. Like him or not, Ellis can at least hold the fort at nose until we fill out the rest of our roster. We desperately need help at OLB, S and OG. I would even put TE and RB as a bigger need for us than NG.

We can not draft Floyd.

Further against drafting a D lineman in round one, I have said many times that we can not do this for the 3rd year in a row; especially with the O being so bad. You want to draft D, fine. We do have a great need for an OLB. The way this team is looking we may have a top 3 pick next year. If the top QB is off the board and Clowney is staring at you are you really going to pass HIM up? No. That would be 4 years of drafting D line and your O still stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by kcb160 View Post
    Further against drafting a D lineman in round one, I have said many times that we can not do this for the 3rd year in a row; especially with the O being so bad. You want to draft D, fine. We do have a great need for an OLB. The way this team is looking we may have a top 3 pick next year. If the top QB is off the board and Clowney is staring at you are you really going to pass HIM up? No. That would be 4 years of drafting D line and your O still stinks.
    Even if the top QB is on the board next year I am not passing up on Clowney if he is there. The guy is a once in a decade type player.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    D again with the top 2 picks?

I like the players, especially Hunt, but what about the O?
    We suck on both D and Offense.
    We have a serious void in talent on both sides. We are in desperate need of players. So if the best available player when we pick in the 1st and 2nd round is a defensive player you take them.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Even if the top QB is on the board next year I am not passing up on Clowney if he is there. The guy is a once in a decade type player.
    You know, I have thought of this very dilemma. It would be an interesting call for a Jets GM. Having said that, more reason not to draft a D lineman (Floyd) this year. You are going to blow your cap up down the line with 4 First round D lineman. You will have holes elsewhere on your team when it comes time to resign your talent.

You know, I have thought of this very dilemma. It would be an interesting call for a Jets GM. Having said that, more reason not to draft a D lineman (Floyd) this year. You are going to blow your cap up down the line with 4 First round D lineman. You will have holes elsewhere on your team when it comes time to resign your talent.
    How are the jets going to get the #1 overall pick next year?

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    LOL! Field the team without Revis that they presently have constituted. Also note, I said top 3 not #1. Top 3 is very realisitic at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    By playing the season with the team they have

All Pro
    What happened to Moore from A and M?

When this process started mosts of the regular posters were saying hes the guy but no way he gets out of the top 5.

I would draft Shariff Floyd in a heart beat. I could give a sheet what we don't have. If a great player is there you take him because 3 years from now when he is a dominant havock making probowler no one will care we need a guard or an olb. He's a top 3 talent imo. Maybe the best player in the draft. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    What happened to Moore from A and M?

When this process started mosts of the regular posters were saying hes the guy but no way he gets out of the top 5.
    He had a poor combine (not nearly as bad as jones) but did better at his pro day. I think he's being undervalued

Glennon, Manuel, or Wilson will be round 2.

They should take Lattimore in 3.

Two DE's? McShay is a moron.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    This makes no sense for the pats at all, A guard to act as a backup to Connolly and Mankins in the first and a change in position to add on?
    You act as if Belli is keeping those picks...Bwahahahahahaha

He'll trade down, or for next year

If we can trade down to the 20's and get moore and pick up an additional 3rd I think that would be best... I'm not sold on mingo/jordan/jones being better than moore

If we pass on the O with both top picks I am going to start to believe that Woody is stacking the deck for Bridgewater. Woody tells Idzik "get me Bridgewater" and Idzik tells him that he is not available. Woody channels George Steinbrenner and screams "I don't care, just get him here!"

Seriously though, if we don't the O some help we will get outscored by some teams Specials and D next year.

As far as Floyd is concerned, we can not take Floyd. I repeat. We can not draft Floyd. We have too many gapping holes on this team to draft a position where we at least have someone to give us hope at that spot. Like him or not, Ellis can at least hold the fort at nose until we fill out the rest of our roster. We desperately need help at OLB, S and OG. I would even put TE and RB as a bigger need for us than NG.

We can not draft Floyd.
    That's a silly thought process. Floyd is a top 5 talent in this draft, and passing on him because we have a guy who could "hold the fort" is silly.

I feel as though people forget that we have lost quite a bit of talent on the DL too and we are going to have to draft someone. If the choice comes down to Mingo and Floyd, give me Floyd everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

All Pro

We can not draft Floyd.
    This couldn't be anymore wrong - both from a GM roster management standpoint, and New York Jets stand point. Ludicrous even.

Floyd is the best Defensive talent in the draft and we lost half our defensive starting unit... you're damn right we can take him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    This couldn't be anymore wrong - both from a GM roster management standpoint, and New York Jets stand point. Ludicrous even.

Floyd is the best Defensive talent in the draft and we lost half our defensive starting unit... you're damn right we can take him.
    Certainly can. And if we REALLY don't want to, someone else will, so the options are there to trade down.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I would draft Shariff Floyd in a heart beat. I could give a sheet what we don't have. If a great player is there you take him because 3 years from now when he is a dominant havock making probowler no one will care we need a guard or an olb. He's a top 3 talent imo. Maybe the best player in the draft. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
    I agree with you. Floyd is a stud and despite what is already on the roster, they should take him ahead of Mingo there.

A DL with Floyd, Coples, Wilkerson is just scary.

A lot of these picks don't make any sense. Another poor effort by McHair.