Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez more comfortable with WCO trains with Garcia.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Please present some info that states Ducasse was a reach?
    Who cares if he's a reach or not? The facts are he's a former 2nd round pick entering his 4th season who will never start for a considerable amount of time for the team that drafted him. He was never ever a threat to the incumbents and he never pushed anyone for a job. His little "duel" with Slauson last camp ended exactly as could have been expected: Slauson won. Vlad, the former 2nd rounder, still isn't a starter nor can he win a thing in camp. His every 3rd series nonsense was just more nonsense coming from Rex and Tanny in an attempt to save some kind of face for that horrible pick. But that's what you get when you draft offense nonsensically.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Finally one more statement (which im sure will be perceived as hateful) from me and then I'll be quiet...

The article states that to be successful in a WCO, you need to have
    Rhythm, Timing, and be Precise.

My question for any Sanchez fan:

How do any of these words apply to Mark Sanchez's game?
    If the WCO is based on those principles and the plays are designed and called who is to say he can't do it?

Just asking but if the previous Os that were run here weren't based, designed and play called like that then isn't it too soon to know? I get the inaccurate concerns. I get all the concerns. I do think one of the best things Sanchez does do is take the quick 3 step drop, set and hit the quick slant to the WR. Obviously there's more to an O than that one play but let's see how it plays out.

Again, if he sux in '13 he's gone.

Oookkkkk. How is that a reach? We've been thru this a dozen times.

And those reports, except for Tony Pauline who gave him a 3rd/4th round grade and thought he would be better as a G, gave Vlad a 2nd to 3rd round (max) grade. Gil Brandt had him in his top 50.

The Jets picked #61 and didn't have a 3rd round (went to CLEV as part of the trade for BEdwards)

But people can continue to play Monday morning GM.

Hall Of Fame
    Perhaps the most inaccurate QB ever with his number of starts. Does the system really even matter when you are consistently short wide or high of where you decide to put the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    Who cares if he's a reach or not?.
    You. Since you wrote it previously.

The Jets will give Sanchez another year to determine if he is their quarterback for the future. I agree they have to provide him with good receivers and decent running backs. If he does not show significant improvement, the Jets should move on with the quarterback position. In order to be successful the quarterback has to be able to generate sufficient offense. In this league the Jets cannot win on defense alone.

You. Since you wrote it previously.
    I wrote that because that's one of the ideas the Vlad-supporters love to throw out there when someone says (correctly) we wasted a 2nd on the guy. They're quick to pull out all these sham scouting reports that Vlad was rated this and rated that, so don't blame the Jets for taking him. All it means is the Jets decided to take a raw project from a small school with a pick that was too high and he hasn't panned out. It may not have worked out, but he was drafted where the "experts" said he should have been, so hoo-ray for the Jets, I guess.

Never ever did I say he was or wasn't a reach. I couldn't care less. i do care that he's a wasted 2nd round pic though

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Perhaps the most inaccurate QB ever with his number of starts. Does the system really even matter when you are consistently short wide or high of where you decide to put the ball?
    Confidence is effecting that as well. He was accurate before. That's why I said last year what I wanted to see from him was to take command of the offense. Stop dancing, and for God's sake stop double, and triple clutching. Did you ever play darts, or shoot pool? When you know it's going in, it goes in. Most people, when you put a hundred dollars on the game all of the sudden can't make a shot, because they start questioning themselves. Start aiming, and gripping too tightly. That's why he has pretty good accuracy on the deep balls, and can't throw a screen pass to save his life.

I'm not saying he is good, or that he just needs a chance, because confidence is just as necessary a skill as accuracy, and he doesn't have it. I'm only saying that lack of confidence is his problem. Maybe also a lack of a killer instinct, and gravitas, but not all the other things that people are saying. All his other problems stem from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    I wrote that because that's one of the ideas the Vlad-supporters love to throw out there when someone says (correctly) we wasted a 2nd on the guy. They're quick to pull out all these sham scouting reports that Vlad was rated this and rated that, so don't blame the Jets for taking him. All it means is the Jets decided to take a raw project from a small school with a pick that was too high and he hasn't panned out. It may not have worked out, but he was drafted where the "experts" said he should have been, so hoo-ray for the Jets, I guess.

Never ever did I say he was or wasn't a reach. I couldn't care less. i do care that he's a wasted 2nd round pic though
    So Gil Brandt is a 'sham'. Ok. As for wasted 2nd round pic. Today? Yes. But at the time? No. Monday morning GM. Wasted pics happen. To every team.

If the WCO is based on those principles and the plays are designed and called who is to say he can't do it?

Just asking but if the previous Os that were run here weren't based, designed and play called like that then isn't it too soon to know? I get the inaccurate concerns. I get all the concerns. I do think one of the best things Sanchez does do is take the quick 3 step drop, set and hit the quick slant to the WR. Obviously there's more to an O than that one play but let's see how it plays out.

Again, if he sux in '13 he's gone.
    Whether mark can or can't do it, no one knows...
    I lean towards him not being able to based on his accuracy, timing and the fact he is a terrible rhythm thrower... The 3 three most important traits to succeeding in the WCO.

I've seen about as many blocked passes, balls placed behind/on wr's hips, or that receivers had to slow up or adjust to make the catch as I've seen completions.

But I agree, we'll see how it plays out and you're right if he sux, he'll be gone next year.

All League
    guys, mark is practicing really hard with Jeff Garcia and Chaddy, he is going to finally turn it around. He completes 50% of his passes and fumbles like pee wee player, but he is practicing to fix this. He is going to change

So Gil Brandt is a 'sham'. Ok. As for wasted 2nd round pic. Today? Yes. But at the time? No. Monday morning GM. Wasted pics happen. To every team.
    Those reports were shams since Ducasse never panned out, I didn't say anyone in particular was. Thanks for putting words in my mouth though. And yes, considering this team has drafted offensive players dreadfully the past 5 years, and the amount of picks that were traded away during that same time, valuable 2nd round picks wasted on projects really is a route you should avoid as best you can. You know what that gets you when done repeatedly? Inferior offensive personnel, of which Vlad is a prime representative.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    It's easy to rip Sanchez, he's earned it and played horribly last year. In fairness though, it was his first and only season under Tony Sparano who got the boot after one season as OC and Sanchez had who to throw to? No Holmes, no Keller, a rough rookie in Hill, etc. and he had little run support. The only positive for him last year was that the Oline in 2012 improved over 2011. There's a chance, a small one, but still a chance that Sanchez could take solid step forward this year under a new system with some weapons coming back. I'm not holding my breath but the guy does have talent and maybe a West Coast system gets him to improve.

Oh do I hope that Mark Sanchez has a great season--of course. I also hoped I would the 320 Million Powerball.

He's terrible. Move on.

All League
    buttfumbler

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    Jets QB Mark Sanchez 'more comfortable' with West Coast system while training with Jeff Garcia

Once it became clear that Marty Mornhinweg would become the Jets' new offensive coordinator, Mark Sanchez started reaching out for help to learn the OC's West Coast system. Most notably, he struck up a relationship with former Pro Bowl QB Jeff Garcia -- who played under Mornhinweg.

Now, in a USA Today report, Garcia says that Sanchez is picking up the system and growing accustomed to what he will be running.

"He's doing an excellent job -- the progress Mark has made over the past three weeks is definitely very positive,'' Garcia told USA TODAY Sports.

Garcia then went on to say that the studying is paying off for Sanchez.

"Mark is definitely getting more comfortable speaking the West Coast terminology," Garcia said. "He had a brief glimpse of the West Coast system at USC.

"The toughest thing is this will be Mark's third offensive coordinator in six seasons. The guy has had to learn a new system just about every other year. From a consistency standpoint, that just doesn't translate to success in the NFL. You really need to be secure in what you're doing mentally in order to compete at the highest level.''

Sanchez is coming off of a rock bottom season and will have little certainty going into the upcoming one.

ďI donít think thereís a clear-cut favorite in my opinion," Rex Ryan said of the Jets' quarterback position last week. I just think itís going to be competition from day one. Sanchez will take the first snap, but thatís all you can say. Itís going to be an open competition.Ē

While learning from Garcia, Sanchez is also working out with former No. 1 overall pick Jamarcus Russell, who is trying to make his own comeback.
    my nephew's reaction to this news..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQiziueCOu4

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I think that this is what Sanchez needs most an attitude adjustment. And this is what the Jets messed with him the most IMO. Jets PR people monitoring his every word so that he only says "nice approved things".

Insanity and now we have an unemotional robot at QB as a result!!
    What Sanchez has to say is completely irrelevant. And the Jets PR people had nothing to do with his decline on the field.

Sanchez's problem is his inconsistency. Always has been, likely always will be.

And how many more chances do you suggest we give this kid?

EVERY QB has a rough road to overcome. The things Sanchez has had to deal with are not exclusive to his situation.

Some QB's deal with it well. Sanchez has dealt with it quite the opposite. Where he is still on the team, I'll hope he can turn things around, but I know that will not happen.

Face the facts, Charlie Brown, Sanchez sucks. He's way too inaccurate, something that has ALWAYS been his problem in any season, to ever become a good QB.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    It's easy to rip Sanchez, he's earned it and played horribly last year. In fairness though, it was his first and only season under Tony Sparano who got the boot after one season as OC and Sanchez had who to throw to? No Holmes, no Keller, a rough rookie in Hill, etc. and he had little run support. The only positive for him last year was that the Oline in 2012 improved over 2011. There's a chance, a small one, but still a chance that Sanchez could take solid step forward this year under a new system with some weapons coming back. I'm not holding my breath but the guy does have talent and maybe a West Coast system gets him to improve.
    sanchez is not as bad as he played last year. it was a perfect storm for him and the jets offense in general. the main concern i have with him is his short and intermediate accuracy, which has never been good. there are qbs, even in a weak qb draft, who are better in this area and that's critical in the WCO. i still would like nassib running this offense, a guy whose strength is accuracy within 20 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    sanchez is not as bad as he played last year. it was a perfect storm for him and the jets offense in general. the main concern i have with him is his short and intermediate accuracy, which has never been good. there are qbs, even in a weak qb draft, who are better in this area and that's critical in the WCO. i still would like nassib running this offense, a guy whose strength is accuracy within 20 yards.
    I think our qb of the future will be drafted in a month. I hope it is Nassib, but they will draft some qb early. Sanchez has taken his last regular season snap for the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    I think our qb of the future will be drafted in a month. I hope it is Nassib, but they will draft some qb early. Sanchez has taken his last regular season snap for the Jets.
    I admit I don't follow college football, but this sure makes Nassib sound like the next Pennington. While I liked Pennington, we saw how "accuracy within 20 yards" just won't get it done if you want to go all the way.

I don't want to waste precious draft picks on band-aids -- we already have that in Garrard. Let's keep filling in other holes until a "real" franchise QB comes along so he'll actually have a quality team around him. We saw that in Sanchez his first two years -- that wouldn't be the case for a rookie QB now . . .