Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 124

Thread: Sanchez more comfortable with WCO trains with Garcia.

  1. #61
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,564
    I heard Pennington has a new throwing motion and arm strength too

  2. #62
    I know it sounds crazy but I think mark might have a chance in this new system.., he thrived in this offense at USC and the jets for whatever reason never tried to capitalize on his strengths. Better late then never I guess?

  3. #63
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,570
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Oookkkkk. How is that a reach? We've been thru this a dozen times.

    And those reports, except for Tony Pauline who gave him a 3rd/4th round grade and thought he would be better as a G, gave Vlad a 2nd to 3rd round (max) grade. Gil Brandt had him in his top 50.

    The Jets picked #61 and didn't have a 3rd round (went to CLEV as part of the trade for BEdwards)

    But people can continue to play Monday morning GM.
    Did you read what I wrote? I actually agree with you. To your point, you have changed my mind and you are right.

    We drafted a kid that was "valued as a 2nd rounder" and we missed.

    I get it. I dont like it as I think when a report reads he needs X amount of polish the chance of failure is higher but I get your point. You win and won.
    and humbly....I was wrong. Vlad still sucks.

  4. #64
    Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,529
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Remember, Mark didn't have 4 years of college.

    Give hin some time.
    Flunk elementary school there Mr. Spelling Champion? Or did you bomb typing class?

  5. #65
    Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,529
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    So Gil Brandt is a 'sham'. Ok. As for wasted 2nd round pic. Today? Yes. But at the time? No. Monday morning GM. Wasted pics happen. To every team.
    Frankly I think the words "raw" and "2nd round" shouldn't be used in the same sentence.

  6. #66
    Eh. Could care less if he's comfortable in the system or not. Or if these articles say he's improving blablabla. He always puts in the work, we just hardly ever see the results needed.

    Sanchez has all the tools, IMO his confidence is just so far gone I don't know if it can be fixed. Hopefully I'm wrong and he goes the route of Alex Smith and bounces back.

  7. #67
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Huntersville, NC
    Posts
    6,230
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Nice to hear, but fluff piece really. We'll see when training camp/the regular season rolls around.
    Sanchez' issues have never been understanding the system. His problems start and end with him crapping the bed when a defense comes after him.

  8. #68
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,797
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Confidence is effecting that as well. He was accurate before. That's why I said last year what I wanted to see from him was to take command of the offense. Stop dancing, and for God's sake stop double, and triple clutching. Did you ever play darts, or shoot pool? When you know it's going in, it goes in. Most people, when you put a hundred dollars on the game all of the sudden can't make a shot, because they start questioning themselves. Start aiming, and gripping too tightly. That's why he has pretty good accuracy on the deep balls, and can't throw a screen pass to save his life.

    I'm not saying he is good, or that he just needs a chance, because confidence is just as necessary a skill as accuracy, and he doesn't have it. I'm only saying that lack of confidence is his problem. Maybe also a lack of a killer instinct, and gravitas, but not all the other things that people are saying. All his other problems stem from that.
    I am sorry but the people who actually track these things say that his was always as an inaccurate QB. Yes, even "before" when we had him as a hand-off-the-ball-and-dont-screw-it-up game manager type role. He was literally at the bottom of NFL starters in this regard. Given the fact that he has been that way for three years I think a case could be made that he might be the worst ever with 3-years of starts under his belt. The throws that he does make are simply too high, too wide or bounced way too many times for a professional QB.

    I also thought (or at least I hoped) it was a product of his not seeing the field. That once the game slowed down for him that his accuracy would improve but now I just do not believe that any more. I simply think he cannot put a ball where he wants to put it with the reliability that is expected from an NFL QB. None of that means he makes good decisions because I do not think that he does that either. I think that once he has actually made up his mind what he wants to put the ball, that he regularly does not manage to deliver to the place where he was "seeing " it.

    In other words we are f%&ked

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Confidence is effecting that as well. He was accurate before. That's why I said last year what I wanted to see from him was to take command of the offense. Stop dancing, and for God's sake stop double, and triple clutching. Did you ever play darts, or shoot pool? When you know it's going in, it goes in. Most people, when you put a hundred dollars on the game all of the sudden can't make a shot, because they start questioning themselves. Start aiming, and gripping too tightly. That's why he has pretty good accuracy on the deep balls, and can't throw a screen pass to save his life.

    I'm not saying he is good, or that he just needs a chance, because confidence is just as necessary a skill as accuracy, and he doesn't have it. I'm only saying that lack of confidence is his problem. Maybe also a lack of a killer instinct, and gravitas, but not all the other things that people are saying. All his other problems stem from that.
    🙉What the F??? Lol.. I would say mark was overconfident many times he threw the ball. When he threw a terrible pick, like u knew the second he let it go it was going to be a pick. Because u have to figure if there is not much rush there is at least a guy or 2 lingering out there reading #6 waiting to pick him off..Most of the time because he telegraphes his throws, it's like he is shouting over a megaphone who he is throwing too..many of The dbs probably hadn't seen a qb telegraph his throws like that since hs. I'm sure mark doesn't do that in practice, just in the game 😡

  10. #70
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,323
    Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville View Post
    Sanchez' issues have never been understanding the system. His problems start and end with him crapping the bed when a defense comes after him.
    He was never the same after Baltimore in 2011, and Pittsburgh in 2012.

    He has the tools, but his confidence is gone. It's time to move on.

  11. #71
    too bad garcia cant teach sanchez heart-garcia had it sanchez does not

  12. #72
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    What Sanchez has to say is completely irrelevant. And the Jets PR people had nothing to do with his decline on the field.

    Sanchez's problem is his inconsistency. Always has been, likely always will be.

    And how many more chances do you suggest we give this kid?

    EVERY QB has a rough road to overcome. The things Sanchez has had to deal with are not exclusive to his situation.

    Some QB's deal with it well. Sanchez has dealt with it quite the opposite. Where he is still on the team, I'll hope he can turn things around, but I know that will not happen.

    Face the facts, Charlie Brown, Sanchez sucks. He's way too inaccurate, something that has ALWAYS been his problem in any season, to ever become a good QB.
    I am going to be nice to you and explain that how you train a young man in the face of adversity or in the media capital of the world does matter.

    Amazing how Sanchez didnt suck ,that is neither his footwork nor was he this inaccurate prior to the Jets "great" coaching. According to all of the experts and our own collective eyes he was fine before he got here and if you just want to blame the players then fine.

    I just think the Jets problems as a team and on offense IMO go a little deeper then "Sanchez Sucks"
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 03-29-2013 at 02:26 PM.

  13. #73
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I am going to be nice to you and explain that how you train a young man in the face of adversity or in the media capital of the world does matter.

    Amazing how Sanchez didnt suck ,that is neither his footwork nor was he this inaccurate prior to the Jets magnifisant coaching. He was fine before he got here and if you just want to blame the players then fine.

    I just think the Jets problems as a team and on offense IMO go a little deeper then "Sanchez Sucks"
    I agree.

  14. #74
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,772
    Gannon said that roll outs and having Sanchez throw on the move was a GOOD IDEA because the guy is more accurate on the move.

  15. #75
    We get one of these every season. Sanchez finally gets it. Sanchez trains in the off season. Blah blah blah.

  16. #76
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I am going to be nice to you and explain that how you train a young man in the face of adversity or in the media capital of the world does matter.

    Amazing how Sanchez didnt suck ,that is neither his footwork nor was he this inaccurate prior to the Jets magnifisant coaching. He was fine before he got here and if you just want to blame the players then fine.

    I just think the Jets problems as a team and on offense IMO go a little deeper then "Sanchez Sucks"
    But he was not fine at all. His college coach said he was nowhere near ready and he has not manage to become ready since he got here. In what universe was he ever fine?

    We drafted him 100% on potential and four years in that potential has simply never materialized. A big fat "I told you so" incidentally for many (not me) who said he would never make it on the pro-level. This reminds me of the ever more desperate arguments made by Vernon Gholston supporters to explain the fact that he sucked. According to them it was because of almost any reason on the planet other than the fact that he actually sucked (Mangini hated him, too many different defensive coaches, wrong scheme, Rex hated him, blah, blah, blah, you name it).

  17. #77
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,797
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Gannon said that roll outs and having Sanchez throw on the move was a GOOD IDEA because the guy is more accurate on the move.
    Mot actually more accurate I think as much as the idea that his accuracy does not degrade at the same rate as an accurate pocket passer. In no circumstance is Sanchez accurate.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    He was never the same after Baltimore in 2011, and Pittsburgh in 2012.

    He has the tools, but his confidence is gone. It's time to move on.
    Bingo.. Kid had his shot, he wasn't man enough for the game at this level.. He did show he was man enough to take gay gq pics though, don't know many men who would do that h

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    But he was not fine at all. His college coach said he was nowhere near ready and he has not manage to become ready since he got here. In what universe was he ever fine?

    We drafted him 100% on potential and four years in that potential has simply never materialized. A big fat "I told you so" incidentally for many (not me) who said he would never make it on the pro-level. This reminds me of the ever more desperate arguments made by Vernon Gholston supporters to explain the fact that he sucked. According to them it was because of almost any reason on the planet other than the fact that he actually sucked (Mangini hated him, too many different defensive coaches, wrong scheme, Rex hated him, blah, blah, blah, you name it).
    Did Carroll say he'd never be ready, or just not ready yet? And if it's the latter (which is was), might it be on the Jets for not giving what he needed to reach his full potential, and not just on Sanchez for not getting there?

    The Gholston comparison is absurd at best. Sanchez's first two years were arguably GOOD for a guy who barely played any college ball and got thrust into a starting NFL position. Unfortunately he did not build on that, which is why we're discussing if he has a future on this team. Gholston NEVER showed ANYTHING. Thinking Gholston would turn into something was definitely wishful thinking -- hoping Sanchez would (will) had a much greater chance of happening, even if it never does . . .

  20. #80
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,309
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    He was never the same after Baltimore in 2011, and Pittsburgh in 2012.

    He has the tools, but his confidence is gone. It's time to move on.
    You maybe right...

    IMO those two games showed a lot about Sanchez and the team.

    But what ever happened "to you knock one of ours down two of yours goes down."

    See IMO poping off at the mouth hurt us in such situations as you pointed out, unless we were willing to be the team that backed up that tough talk with action and we weren't.

    It is as simple as that.....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us