Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 124

Thread: Sanchez more comfortable with WCO trains with Garcia.

  1. #1

    Sanchez more comfortable with WCO trains with Garcia.

    Jets QB Mark Sanchez 'more comfortable' with West Coast system while training with Jeff Garcia

    Once it became clear that Marty Mornhinweg would become the Jets' new offensive coordinator, Mark Sanchez started reaching out for help to learn the OC's West Coast system. Most notably, he struck up a relationship with former Pro Bowl QB Jeff Garcia -- who played under Mornhinweg.

    Now, in a USA Today report, Garcia says that Sanchez is picking up the system and growing accustomed to what he will be running.

    "He's doing an excellent job -- the progress Mark has made over the past three weeks is definitely very positive,'' Garcia told USA TODAY Sports.

    Garcia then went on to say that the studying is paying off for Sanchez.

    "Mark is definitely getting more comfortable speaking the West Coast terminology," Garcia said. "He had a brief glimpse of the West Coast system at USC.

    "The toughest thing is this will be Mark's third offensive coordinator in six seasons. The guy has had to learn a new system just about every other year. From a consistency standpoint, that just doesn't translate to success in the NFL. You really need to be secure in what you're doing mentally in order to compete at the highest level.''

    Sanchez is coming off of a rock bottom season and will have little certainty going into the upcoming one.

    “I don’t think there’s a clear-cut favorite in my opinion," Rex Ryan said of the Jets' quarterback position last week. I just think it’s going to be competition from day one. Sanchez will take the first snap, but that’s all you can say. It’s going to be an open competition.”

    While learning from Garcia, Sanchez is also working out with former No. 1 overall pick Jamarcus Russell, who is trying to make his own comeback.

  2. #2
    Nice to hear, but fluff piece really. We'll see when training camp/the regular season rolls around.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Nice to hear, but fluff piece really. We'll see when training camp/the regular season rolls around.
    agree. he is nothing but a

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFgyg7ezM6k

  4. #4
    Nice to hear.

    I'm sure Jamarcus Russell provides the hookup after practice, too.

  5. #5
    All World in practice....then suck in actual game conditions per usual.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJoe View Post
    Nice to hear.

    I'm sure Jamarcus Russell provides the hookup after practice, too.
    weed might actually help sanchez.

  7. #7
    @_JordanWhite: Work 🐴✈🏪 San Diego #jets #broncos #wmu #ny @ Del Norte High School http://t.co/CVYN3aLtgV

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,811
    Practice makes perfect


  9. #9
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,496
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @_JordanWhite: Work 🐴✈🏪 San Diego #jets #broncos #wmu #ny @ Del Norte High School http://t.co/CVYN3aLtgV
    WHo's in the middle?

  10. #10
    The only thing I want to hear is that Sanchez is a pissed off QB on a mission. He's way to soft for this league.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    weed might actually help sanchez.
    quote of the year.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cutchogue
    Posts
    2,114
    Last season he approached Chad to learn the Sparano system.

    Same fluff articles, same below average play during the season.

    I'd actually like to hear that he DOESN'T need a tutor (how many QB's going into their 5th season do?) !!! At least then I might hope for different results.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    Jets QB Mark Sanchez 'more comfortable' with West Coast system while training with Jeff Garcia

    Once it became clear that Marty Mornhinweg would become the Jets' new offensive coordinator, Mark Sanchez started reaching out for help to learn the OC's West Coast system. Most notably, he struck up a relationship with former Pro Bowl QB Jeff Garcia -- who played under Mornhinweg.

    Now, in a USA Today report, Garcia says that Sanchez is picking up the system and growing accustomed to what he will be running.

    "He's doing an excellent job -- the progress Mark has made over the past three weeks is definitely very positive,'' Garcia told USA TODAY Sports.

    Garcia then went on to say that the studying is paying off for Sanchez.

    "Mark is definitely getting more comfortable speaking the West Coast terminology," Garcia said. "He had a brief glimpse of the West Coast system at USC.

    "The toughest thing is this will be Mark's third offensive coordinator in six seasons. The guy has had to learn a new system just about every other year. From a consistency standpoint, that just doesn't translate to success in the NFL. You really need to be secure in what you're doing mentally in order to compete at the highest level.''

    Sanchez is coming off of a rock bottom season and will have little certainty going into the upcoming one.

    “I don’t think there’s a clear-cut favorite in my opinion," Rex Ryan said of the Jets' quarterback position last week. I just think it’s going to be competition from day one. Sanchez will take the first snap, but that’s all you can say. It’s going to be an open competition.”

    While learning from Garcia, Sanchez is also working out with former No. 1 overall pick Jamarcus Russell, who is trying to make his own comeback.
    Thank you for this piece and update.

    I think folks are quick to forget that this was the offense that Sanchez ran at USC. Why only the Jets would take a QB who they pick 5th in the draft and throw him into three entirely diffferent approaches in his first four years.

    Utter Madness!!

    Indeed IMO the pick of Sparano had to be the absolute worst for Sanchez and the entire Jets offense based on the results. and no I am not blaming Sparano alone. He could only go with the hand he was dealt..

    At the end of the day as some of the other posters have said elsewhere it may be to late to salvage Sanchez at this point, at least as it concerns the NYJ and I am one of his biggest boosters out here.

    I just feel like others also said this was a fluff article that indicates Sanchez is working hard, well contrary to some Yahoos out here Sanchez ALWAYS worked hard that isnt the problem. The key is Sanchez isnt translating that effort to success on the field right now on a consistent basis.

    I root for Sanchez but it will definitely be tough for him to overcome the mental scars I see in his game but at least he has sane folks running the show now and that is all he can ask for IMO....

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,989
    If McNabb can learn it, anyone can learn it.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,300
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    The only thing I want to hear is that Sanchez is a pissed off QB on a mission. He's way to soft for this league.
    I think that this is what Sanchez needs most an attitude adjustment. And this is what the Jets messed with him the most IMO. Jets PR people monitoring his every word so that he only says "nice approved things".

    Insanity and now we have an unemotional robot at QB as a result!!

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Thank you for this piece and update.

    I think folks are quick to forget that this was the offense that Sanchez ran at USC. Why only the Jets would take a QB who they pick 5th in the draft and throw him into three entirely diffferent approaches in his first four years.

    Utter Madness!!

    Indeed IMO the pick of Sparano had to be the absolute worst for Sanchez and the entire Jets offense based on the results. and no I am not blaming Sparano alone. He could only go with the hand he was dealt..

    At the end of the day as some of the other posters have said elsewhere it may be to late to salvage Sanchez at this point, at least as it concerns the NYJ and I am one of his biggest boosters out here.

    I just feel like others also said this was a fluff article that indicates Sanchez is working hard, well contrary to some Yahoos out here Sanchez ALWAYS worked hard that isnt the problem. The key is Sanchez isnt translating that effort to success on the field right now on a consistent basis.

    I root for Sanchez but it will definitely be tough for him to overcome the mental scars I see in his game but at least he has sane folks running the show now and that is all he can ask for IMO....
    We will see how successful he is after he absorbs a couple of big hits. If he does not lose his pocket presence and accuracy as well, we could have a good QB. But........ time alone will tell!

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGeek View Post
    Last season he approached Chad to learn the Sparano system.

    Same fluff articles, same below average play during the season.

    I'd actually like to hear that he DOESN'T need a tutor (how many QB's going into their 5th season do?) !!! At least then I might hope for different results.
    LOL. Typical misinformed on here:


    http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...-brady-dies-66

    Tom Brady
    New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady considers Martinez his mentor and worked with him every off-season to clean up his mechanics.
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-28-2013 at 06:20 PM.

  18. #18
    Remember, Mark didn't have 4 years of college.

    Give hin some time.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,300
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    LOL. Typical misinformed on here:


    http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...-brady-dies-66

    Tom Brady
    New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady considers Martinez his mentor and worked with him every off-season to clean up his mechanics.


    Thank you!!!

    People will make up any arugment. Now getting help and trying to improve are signs that Sanchez sucks...

    Good Grief...
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 03-28-2013 at 06:30 PM.

  20. #20
    It's funny. The best possible thing that can happen to the NY Jets is for Mark to get in gear and play well. It's either that or we go through a few years of mediocre QB's or spend another 3=5 years hoping we found a new young QB. that's the reality of our situation, yet constantly it seems alot cooler to most here to just hate on the kid relentlessly. I think most Jets fans would much rather hate on their players than actually root for them when they're down.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us