Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: QB dept. : jets' situation....worst in the nfl ? ? ?

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    dunwoody, ga ! !
    Posts
    13,736

    Question QB dept. : jets' situation....worst in the nfl ? ? ?

    ~ ~ Idzik's challenge :
    The New York Jets' situation at quarterback might be the worst in the NFL from a financial standpoint. Mark Sanchez has significant guaranteed money in his contract. As a result, the Jets rank sixth in cap space for quarterbacks after ranking 31st in Total QBR and 30th in NFL passer rating last season. The team hired John Idzik from the Seahawks to fix the cap mess and help rebuild the roster, but options are limited in the short term.

    rest of above article :
    > http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...-are-allocated

  2. #2
    Not exactly news, Tanny was fired for the contract extension, the Jets need to find lightning in a bottle at QB, we learned this midway through last season

    I just can't decide what would worse in 2013; Sanchez or Tebow
    • 60-1 Superbowl odds would not change
    • We have seen the Sanchez show, and it was bad, cancel direct TV bad
    • Tebow could be entertaining, but I want the circus to go, still no NFL ticket


    Gerrard could win 8 games if healthy
    McElroy will get killed unless Womack is the Jets first round pick

    I suspect we will see a few more at camp since bad QB situation is good opportunity for bad QB's

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    6,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    Not exactly news, Tanny was fired for the contract extension, the Jets need to find lightning in a bottle at QB, we learned this midway through last season

    I just can't decide what would worse in 2013; Sanchez or Tebow
    • 60-1 Superbowl odds would not change
    • We have seen the Sanchez show, and it was bad, cancel direct TV bad
    • Tebow could be entertaining, but I want the circus to go, still no NFL ticket


    Gerrard could win 8 games if healthy
    McElroy will get killed unless Womack is the Jets first round pick

    I suspect we will see a few more at camp since bad QB situation is good opportunity for bad QB's
    Tebow is not a part of the picture. Wipe it out of your mind.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    dunwoody, ga ! !
    Posts
    13,736
    any of you guys hear anything about kolb ?


  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    dunwoody, ga ! !
    Posts
    13,736
    fyi :

    Jeff Garcia tutoring Mark Sanchez, Jamarcus Russell

    New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez is receiving tutoring from former NFL quarterback Jeff Garcia, who is teaching Sanchez the finer points of the West Coast offense, reports Jim Corbett of USA Today Sports. Sanchez struggled last year with the Jets and Rex Ryan has indicated that the competition for the starting job in 2013 is wide open. Garcia is working with both Sanchez and former Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell. The 12-year NFL veteran and four-time Pro Bowl selection is an expert in the West Coast offense and played for Marty Mornhinweg, the Jets' new offensive coordinator, in both San Francisco and Philadelphia

    > http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/375991

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,566
    i honestly think you WANT the jets to have the worse situation in the league...so many of you are non stop doom and gloom in regards of the jets....fact is the jets situation is not the worse...my goodness and we are still in march. lol



    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    ~ ~ Idzik's challenge :
    The New York Jets' situation at quarterback might be the worst in the NFL from a financial standpoint. Mark Sanchez has significant guaranteed money in his contract. As a result, the Jets rank sixth in cap space for quarterbacks after ranking 31st in Total QBR and 30th in NFL passer rating last season. The team hired John Idzik from the Seahawks to fix the cap mess and help rebuild the roster, but options are limited in the short term.

    rest of above article :
    > http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...-are-allocated

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,566
    nfl.com said bills are also interested in kolb....bills are interested in quite a few qb's



    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    any of you guys hear anything about kolb ?


  8. #8
    Financially? Yes.

    Talent wise? No.

    I'd still give the edge to Jacksonville in the worst QB depth chart category, but make no mistake, we're number two or three - we can debate Arizona. Comes down to your belief in Stanton and Hoyer.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    Not exactly news, Tanny was fired for the contract extension, the Jets need to find lightning in a bottle at QB, we learned this midway through last season

    I just can't decide what would worse in 2013; Sanchez or Tebow
    • 60-1 Superbowl odds would not change
    • We have seen the Sanchez show, and it was bad, cancel direct TV bad
    • Tebow could be entertaining, but I want the circus to go, still no NFL ticket


    Gerrard could win 8 games if healthy
    McElroy will get killed unless Womack is the Jets first round pick

    I suspect we will see a few more at camp since bad QB situation is good opportunity for bad QB's
    The Tebow show is cancelled.
    Drafting a guard is not going to help our pass protection. We need a TE, and RB that can pass block(I said it again, and during training camp and no one listened.), and a QB that can call protections, and get rid of the ball on time.

    We do have the worst QB situation financially, and if Garrard can't stay healthy it will be top 5 bad period. We do not have anywhere near the worst situation as a team though.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    any of you guys hear anything about kolb ?

    A league source tells Profootballtalk.com that the Bills are interested in free agent Kevin Kolb.
    Per PFT, Buffalo is "at least interested in kicking the tires." Kolb's market has been dead silent for more than a week. He was released by Arizona on March 15. Buffalo's current first-string quarterback is Tarvaris Jackson, backed up only by 2012 UDFA Aaron Corp. They obviously need an upgrade. The Bills are also likely to use an early-round draft pick on a signal caller.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,309
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    fyi :

    Jeff Garcia tutoring Mark Sanchez, Jamarcus RussellNew York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez is receiving tutoring from former NFL quarterback Jeff Garcia, who is teaching Sanchez the finer points of the West Coast offense, reports Jim Corbett of USA Today Sports. Sanchez struggled last year with the Jets and Rex Ryan has indicated that the competition for the starting job in 2013 is wide open. Garcia is working with both Sanchez and former Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell. The 12-year NFL veteran and four-time Pro Bowl selection is an expert in the West Coast offense and played for Marty Mornhinweg, the Jets' new offensive coordinator, in both San Francisco and Philadelphia

    > http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/375991

    What a pair of trainees.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    dunwoody, ga ! !
    Posts
    13,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    A league source tells Profootballtalk.com that the Bills are interested in free agent Kevin Kolb.
    Per PFT, Buffalo is "at least interested in kicking the tires." Kolb's market has been dead silent for more than a week. He was released by Arizona on March 15. Buffalo's current first-string quarterback is Tarvaris Jackson, backed up only by 2012 UDFA Aaron Corp. They obviously need an upgrade. The Bills are also likely to use an early-round draft pick on a signal caller.
    thank you !



    cheers ~ ~

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    dunwoody, ga ! !
    Posts
    13,736
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    nfl.com said bills are also interested in kolb....bills are interested in quite a few qb's
    ...because they NEED a qb....just like we do

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    dunwoody, ga ! !
    Posts
    13,736
    saw this :

    Tweet of the Week IV

    "This game is uglier than a Mark Sanchez comeback attempt."

    -- @HubbuchNYP, Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post, as the Wichita State-Louisville game plodded along in the first half Saturday.





    > http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl.../?sct=uk_wr_a1

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    What a pair of trainees.
    Garcia's wife must be a Sanchez fan.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    dunwoody, ga ! !
    Posts
    13,736
    Why prolong the inevitable ?...Free Tebow

    The Jets have dragged out this Tim Tebow charade long enough. It's time to move on. To quote ESPN colleague Skip Bayless, free Tebow.

    Tebow isn't in their plans for 2013, and yet they will welcome him for the start of voluntary workouts next Monday. Even though no one would think less of him if he boycotts the workouts, Tebow is planning to attend if he's still on the roster, a source confirmed.Talk about awkward. There's no point in making him walk into the locker room, knowing it's not for long. Haven't the Jets endured enough distractions over the past 12 months? Why prolong the inevitable?

    The Jets could have a double distraction, what with Tebow and Darrelle Revis participating in the workouts. Maybe they could hang out together in the locker room, catching up on old times. Wait, there are no old times. Well, maybe they can exchange real estate-agent recommendations, seeing as how they'll probably both be re-locating in the next few weeks.The Jets could avoid this by simply releasing Tebow, but they're clinging to the hope they can trade him before or during the draft. It's not happening. If the Raiders received only a conditional seventh-round pick for QB Carson Palmer, what could the Jets get for Tebow? They wouldn't get enough for a trip to Starbucks.

    This delay is all about the Jets trying to save face. They traded a fourth-round pick for Tebow and agreed to pay $2.5 million to the Broncos, receiving virtually no return on the investment. Now new GM John Idzik is trying to show his new boss he can turn nothing into something by recouping a draft pick. If he can land an unconditional pick for Tebow, he should be the frontrunner for executive of the year.Except for the day he asked out of the Wildcat, Tebow has been a good soldier. There's no reason for the Jets to spite him, which is what they're doing to Revis. It's time to end the marriage. It doesn't have to be nasty. They can always remain friends.

    > http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...ble-free-tebow

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,161
    sounds like Demosthenes 9 wrote that article but it was probably just Our Dick at ESPN stirring up crap as usual

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,300
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    Why prolong the inevitable ?...Free Tebow

    The Jets have dragged out this Tim Tebow charade long enough. It's time to move on. To quote ESPN colleague Skip Bayless, free Tebow.

    Tebow isn't in their plans for 2013, and yet they will welcome him for the start of voluntary workouts next Monday. Even though no one would think less of him if he boycotts the workouts, Tebow is planning to attend if he's still on the roster, a source confirmed.Talk about awkward. There's no point in making him walk into the locker room, knowing it's not for long. Haven't the Jets endured enough distractions over the past 12 months? Why prolong the inevitable?

    The Jets could have a double distraction, what with Tebow and Darrelle Revis participating in the workouts. Maybe they could hang out together in the locker room, catching up on old times. Wait, there are no old times. Well, maybe they can exchange real estate-agent recommendations, seeing as how they'll probably both be re-locating in the next few weeks.The Jets could avoid this by simply releasing Tebow, but they're clinging to the hope they can trade him before or during the draft. It's not happening. If the Raiders received only a conditional seventh-round pick for QB Carson Palmer, what could the Jets get for Tebow? They wouldn't get enough for a trip to Starbucks.

    This delay is all about the Jets trying to save face. They traded a fourth-round pick for Tebow and agreed to pay $2.5 million to the Broncos, receiving virtually no return on the investment. Now new GM John Idzik is trying to show his new boss he can turn nothing into something by recouping a draft pick. If he can land an unconditional pick for Tebow, he should be the frontrunner for executive of the year.Except for the day he asked out of the Wildcat, Tebow has been a good soldier. There's no reason for the Jets to spite him, which is what they're doing to Revis. It's time to end the marriage. It doesn't have to be nasty. They can always remain friends.

    > http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...ble-free-tebow
    I agree with the essential sentiment of the article.

    The Jets have managed to harm a good man in Tebow who was totally mislead about his chance to play in NY. Why are they keeping him on the team if thye are not going to definitely start him?

    I don't like what happened to Tebow last year and I never wanted him on the team to begin with. It isn't right and just so you know I nevertheless believe that Idzik has been outstanding so far....

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    dunwoody, ga ! !
    Posts
    13,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I agree with the essential sentiment of the article.

    The Jets have managed to harm a good man in Tebow who was totally mislead about his chance to play in NY. Why are they keeping him on the team if thye are not going to definitely start him?

    I don't like what happened to Tebow last year and I never wanted him on the team to begin with. It isn't right and just so you know I nevertheless believe that Idzik has been outstanding so far....
    yup...

    cheers ~ ~

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I agree with the essential sentiment of the article.

    The Jets have managed to harm a good man in Tebow who was totally mislead about his chance to play in NY. Why are they keeping him on the team if thye are not going to definitely start him?

    I don't like what happened to Tebow last year and I never wanted him on the team to begin with. It isn't right and just so you know I nevertheless believe that Idzik has been outstanding so far....
    jets have zero character from the owner to the coach-tebow(who has character) might not have the skill set to play for this team or in the eyes of some any team so just let the guy go now-nobody is trading for him and why have this distraction for a minute longer

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us