Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: volunteers the 2014 super bowl needs you.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I believe New Jersey has the 5th highest unemployment rate in the country.
    To ask people to volunteer is so amazingly arrogant, it's disgusting. The state just got crushed by the biggest storm we've seen in our lifetime, yet those people should volunteer their time and not enjoy Super Bowl Sunday on their own?
    F*ck you Goodell, you've taken low to a level I didn't know existed.

As for the guy interviewed in the article, I wish I had his cushy life! What a schmuck. If you volunteer for this crap, you may be the biggest sucker in the world on Super Bowl Sunday. Congrats.
    I hope not a single person volunteers. Goodell could pay everyone minimum wage out of his own salary.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

I believe New Jersey has the 5th highest unemployment rate in the country.
    To ask people to volunteer is so amazingly arrogant, it's disgusting. The state just got crushed by the biggest storm we've seen in our lifetime, yet those people should volunteer their time and not enjoy Super Bowl Sunday on their own?
    F*ck you Goodell, you've taken low to a level I didn't know existed.

As for the guy interviewed in the article, I wish I had his cushy life! What a schmuck. If you volunteer for this crap, you may be the biggest sucker in the world on Super Bowl Sunday. Congrats.
    Volunteering to help with the Super Bowl is a tradition that stretches back to the very first Super Bowl. This isn't something special that is being imposed upon the citizens of the New York tri-state area.

You have to love these fans on Jets Insider. On the one hand we're supposed to show great respect for volunteerism and on the other hand were supposed to be paid and condemn volunteers. What a world.

Stop being so cheap, people. Do something for somebody else.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Volunteering to help with the Super Bowl is a tradition that stretches back to the very first Super Bowl. This isn't something special that is being imposed upon the citizens of the New York tri-state area.

You have to love these fans on Jets Insider. On the one hand we're supposed to show great respect for volunteerism and on the other hand were supposed to be paid and condemn volunteers. What a world.

SAR I
    Wow.
    Yeah you're really contributing to society by volunteering for the Super Bowl.
    Are you even thinking as you type?
    Can a person really suck at life this much?
    You make my brain hurt.

I do volunteer btw, I'm sure you do too. And since you do, why don't you stop being so cheap and do something for someone else like volunteering for the Super Bowl?
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 03-30-2013 at 12:28 PM.

SAR I
    volunteering for an event that profits billions vs volunteering for the local fire department are 2 totally different things. i wouldnt expect you to understand.

so are you volunteering for the super bowl? let me know i have a friend who might be coordinating the efforts i want to make sure you get put on porto-john clean-up or parking lot litter.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Wow.
    Yeah you're really contributing to society by volunteering for the Super Bowl.
    Are you even thinking as you type?
    Can a person really suck at life this much?
    You make my brain hurt.

I do volunteer btw, I'm sure you do too. And since you do, why don't you stop being so cheap and do something for someone else like volunteering for the Super Bowl?
    Someone will be buying me 4 tickets at $5,000 a pop.

That's enough support for the event methinks.

SAR I

All Pro

SAR I
    Can't afford your own tickets? Your contribution to the NFL is zero. There is plenty of opportunity to do a good deed for the struggling (non-profit corporation) NFL by volunteering your free time before the game. You are uniquely qualified to show the good side of New Jersey to out-of-towners.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 03-30-2013 at 04:45 PM.

I volunteered a few months ago. Recently, I got asked to help as an usher at wrestlemania one night and in return I would get free tickets to another night.

Funny stuff, could be a good deal for a college kid or retired person. But for someone with a real job kinda silly to work a day for free for free tickets.

Volunteers get some free junk for SB like shirts I think.

Jets Insider VIP
    I love the shock and anger of this thread

this has been done in every superbowl since 1967, every PGA, LPGA, Champions tour golf event since the 19th century and just about every other major sports or entertainment event on the planet

Damn you Woody, Mara and Goodell for doing what everybody else does

SAR I
    No.

They won't.

The real bosses will spend 5 large per ticket for themselves, and their VERY BEST clients. No middle manager, like yourself , will even get a whiff of one.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I love the shock and anger of this thread

this has been done in every superbowl since 1967, every PGA, LPGA, Champions tour golf event since the 19th century and just about every other major sports or entertainment event on the planet

Damn you Woody, Mara and Goodell for doing what everybody else does
    Feel free to donate your time and gas money to the struggling, only made $9.5 billion in revenue NFL last year and poor hurting Roger Goodell whose salary was underestimated at $20MM, turned out to be actually $29.5MM

Just because something has been done for a long time doesn't make it okay. That article quotes a Giant STH douche as having a 'sense of pride' in volunteering his free time to the NFL. Pride in what, being taken advantage of?

Originally Posted by SAR I
    I'm just looking forward to finally attending a football game at MetLife Stadium where I don't have to battle-through Vietnam just to get to the gate.

Will be fun. Not sure if I should support the AFC and root for the Patriots or support New York and root for the Giants.

Either way, going to be a good time.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    tell us about your Vietnam service or even any service to your country other than self service
    whoa. what side you on now? Did the SARdouche piss you off? It`s alright though. He has another fleabag backing him now.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Can't afford your own tickets? Your contribution to the NFL is zero. There is plenty of opportunity to do a good deed for the struggling (non-profit corporation) NFL by volunteering your free time before the game. You are uniquely qualified to show the good side of New Jersey to out-of-towners.
    Of course I can afford my own tickets, sugar.

It's just nicer when someone buys them for me out of respect.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    No.

They won't.

The real bosses will spend 5 large per ticket for themselves, and their VERY BEST clients. No middle manager, like yourself , will even get a whiff of one.
    You are nobody.

There's TX, there's FF2, and then there's 1000 more talented trolls, then there's my grandmother, and then there's you.

SAR I

SAR I
    how about you do it. Why don`t you volunteer some of your bank account to those who truly need it? Stop bragging about it and show the world just what a great person you are and give your money away to a blue collar douchebag who needs it. You are pathetic.

And screw the tradition the NFL reaps benefits from. They are nothing more than the Vatican with their riches.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Feel free to donate your time and gas money to the struggling, only made $9.5 billion in revenue NFL last year and poor hurting Roger Goodell whose salary was underestimated at $20MM, turned out to be actually $29.5MM

Just because something has been done for a long time doesn't make it okay. That article quotes a Giant STH douche as having a 'sense of pride' in volunteering his free time to the NFL. Pride in what, being taken advantage of?
    No one is being taken advantage of.

If college kids in New Orleans can support their city, so can you. If money's tight, request an assignment that gets tips. Baggage handlers at Newark Airport can make $20-$60 a day. Grab a neon vest. Let's go.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    how about you do it. Why don`t you volunteer some of your bank account to those who truly need it? Stop bragging about it and show the world just what a great person you are and give your money away to a blue collar douchebag who needs it. You are pathetic.

And screw the tradition the NFL reaps benefits from. They are nothing more than the Vatican with their riches.
    I donate thousands of dollars to charity each year.

My accountant insists I do it to get the tax write-off, need to show losses to offset some of the gains. Additionally, we give at least 2 coats to Goodwill each year too. Kids grow out of them, but we don't throw them out, no, we make the effort to have our nanny drive down to the drop-off, fill out the paperwork, etc.

SAR I

This SB will fail. The greed that abounds in this area will make it fail. Volunteer? LOL Really. People are gonna do this crap for free for those who will spend thousands on tickets to sit in a shiit stadium so they can feel welcomed in NJ? LOL I`ll give those attending the proper NJ welcome. GTFO of my state you dirty rich scum****. We have enough of your kind and we hate them too.

I donate thousands of dollars to charity each year.

My accountant insists I do it to get the tax write-off, need to show losses to offset some of the gains. Additionally, we give at least 2 coats to Goodwill each year too. Kids grow out of them, but we don't throw them out, no, we make the effort to have our nanny drive down to the drop-off, fill out the paperwork, etc.

SAR I
    then don`t tell others they should.

No one cares what you donate or who you pay to donate your unwanted goods.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post

GTFO of my state you dirty rich scum****. We have enough of your kind and we hate them too.

SAR I

SAR I
    good one, but why drink shiit beer? LOL