Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: volunteers the 2014 super bowl needs you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    Not sure exactly what they were saying about the volunteering but, I think it was greeting people at airports, Penn Station, Port Authority and crap on the outskirts of the stadium. I`m pretty sure they said no volunteers will be at the stadium or inside the stadium. They`ll probably have booths set up at those other areas and you sit there and give those rich white collar dooshes info on where to go. Hey, maybe I`ll volunteer and screw everyone who asks me, the blue collar loser, where and what they can do. I`ll send them all to Red Hook, Hunts Point, Irvington and West Paterson. LOL Maybe I can persuade some to go to Camden if they have a rental car.
    why would you want to lie to innocent people and purposely put them in harms way? women and children who have zero affiliations with the nfl. because they can afford to enjoy the super bowl you would purposely give them wrong directions. what if they were injured or worse yet killed because of your shenanigans.

Talking

Ah... the correct spelling is NOT "Amelda Marcos" or "privelages" but rather Imelda Marcos and privilege

also... West Paterson/ Woodland Park > East Paterson/Elmwood Park

There are other places to send those idiots too.

Like give a crap what those with money to burn want. LOL Funny how those with money and dumbass toys think they ain`t gonna die just like everyone else. Waste your money on shiit in this life all you want to. You all die just like anyone else and NONE of it goes with you. Save your money for your children and stop being selfish.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Ah, so suffering as a middle-class nobody while I was young and making it big on my own is a bad thing?

You're damn right I worked in a factory in Manhattan when I was 14 and cleaned tables for a living when I was 20, wouldn't have it any other way.

SAR I
    Of course it's not a bad thing. It's just that I don't believe you. And since you're here to entertain me, you're going to have to do a lot better, chimp.

I think you are talking about Amelda Marcos(sp?) or Leona Helmsley(sp?).

anyway, SAR is a real ass here. Amazing how he gets away with insulting just about everyone and isn`t permabanned. I`ve been banned several times over the years for much less, as have others. I think I was banned once for using the word ass, which is not offensive nor vulgar. Oh well. I just wish I could access some old accounts so I can remove pictures and delete them. I guess becoming a "vip" and donating a few bucks here would get me those privelages along with never getting banned. I`ve had to deal with other members who reveal personal information about others and they don`t get banned either. I don`t get it sometimes.
    Yes, thanks. I couldn't remember their names. His attitude towards other people who may be less fortunate than SAR (in regards to financial standing) reminds me of these two witches.

I am willing to bet he even refers to the people who clean his hotel room, taxi driver, the cashier at the supermarket, the hot dog vendor, etc., as "the little people." Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    JI's resident attention whore is at it again. Several of his posts are so offensive...where do I even begin?

1. The reference to Vietnam. This loathing, self-serving pig dare insult the fine men and women who served this country with his dumb azz comment? Really? What does Vietnam have to do with entering a football game? The analogy is just stupid and offensive. I have never served in our Armed Forces. However, I have a profound respect for those young men and women. It is their sacrifice that allows me, all of us, to enjoy the freedoms this great country has to offer.

2. Sends his nanny to the goodwill to drop off the 2 coats annually? This comes across as so damn arrogant. I am sure we all have donated used clothing to the local goodwill/Salvation Army. It is the right thing to do rather than just throw it away. And anyone who does it for a tax benefit needs to find a new accountant. Nevertheless, if you are so big/important that you need your nanny to drive your used clothing to the goodwill.....nevermind; somethings are best left unsaid.

3. I am calling out b/s. Anyone who is paying $5,000/ticket for the Superbowl 10 months before he game is a dope. As someone who has been to several Superbowls, the most I can recall a game ticket being, face value, was about $1,400 (very good seats). FWIW, you cannot even get tickets now. The Superbowl is a huge corporate event. The NFL's corporate sponsors donot get their tickets until about 3 weeks before the Superbowl. Yet, JI's resident attention whore knows 10+ months before the game that he is buying tickets at $5K/ticket? Yeah, ok.

Many, if not all, of us on this site are very fortunate. One would hope that someone who proclaims to be as successful as the attention whore would have some humility; and recognize those who are less fortunate are not blue collar losers or any of the other characterizations this idiot likes to label people. He reminds me of the woman who owned 3,000 pairs of shoes and treated people like sh!t. Sorry but my memory is bad....does someone recall who I am talking about? I think she owned one of the most expensive buildings in NY.....or something like that.

I think you are talking about Amelda Marcos(sp?) or Leona Helmsley(sp?).

anyway, SAR is a real ass here. Amazing how he gets away with insulting just about everyone and isn`t permabanned. I`ve been banned several times over the years for much less, as have others. I think I was banned once for using the word ass, which is not offensive nor vulgar. Oh well. I just wish I could access some old accounts so I can remove pictures and delete them. I guess becoming a "vip" and donating a few bucks here would get me those privelages along with never getting banned. I`ve had to deal with other members who reveal personal information about others and they don`t get banned either. I don`t get it sometimes.
    +100000000000000000000000 they get it!

Jets Insider VIP
    I donate thousands of dollars to charity each year.

My accountant insists I do it to get the tax write-off, need to show losses to offset some of the gains. Additionally, we give at least 2 coats to Goodwill each year too. Kids grow out of them, but we don't throw them out, no, we make the effort to have our nanny drive down to the drop-off, fill out the paperwork, etc.

SAR I
    Obvious dogwhistle there to see who realizes you are bragging about exploiting your nanny by having her do non-nanny tasks and see who bites on it. Hope she quit for that if it's real.

Hall Of Fame
    Volunteering to help with the Super Bowl is a tradition that stretches back to the very first Super Bowl. This isn't something special that is being imposed upon the citizens of the New York tri-state area.

You have to love these fans on Jets Insider. On the one hand we're supposed to show great respect for volunteerism and on the other hand were supposed to be paid and condemn volunteers. What a world.

Stop being so cheap, people. Do something for somebody else.

SAR I
    brilliant spin

nobody's putting down volunteering

if you want to volunteer how about volunteering to deliver Meals on Wheels or
    driving someone to a chemo or radiation session. doing free sh*t for NFL millionaires is nothing more than sucker time.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    brilliant spin

driving someone to a chemo or radiation session. doing free sh*t for NFL millionaires is nothing more than sucker time.
    schmoozing.........some call it.

imagine some rich and snobby woman handing sar i her empty expresso cup and used kleenex. this could be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    brilliant spin

+1

The NFL asking people to volunteer is a joke. Have unemployed people sign up for the jobs, hire people through a raffle process and pay them. If people can get paid to help clean up after the Sandy disaster, then the NFL should be ashamed of themselves for not paying these workers.

Saying it's a tradition and its been going on for years means nothing. Things change.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    +1

The NFL asking people to volunteer is a joke. Have unemployed people sign up for the jobs, hire people through a raffle process and pay them. If people can get paid to help clean up after the Sandy disaster, then the NFL should be ashamed of themselves for not paying these workers.

Saying it's a tradition and its been going on for years means nothing. Things change.
    +1

people in green bay line up to shovel snow for $10 an hour.

i guess the nfl thinks jets fans are gullable and vurnerable to be taken advantage of.

the super bowl is the biggest venue in professional sports and makes the most money. look at whats charged for a tv commercial.

the tri-state area unemployed could use a paying job working at the super bowl festivities.

them expecting people to volunteer time and energy is ridiculous and criminal. anyone who does so is drinking the kool-ade. it wont be me.
    Last edited by Nike; 04-02-2013 at 01:06 PM.

I`m volunteering for my family by going to work(paid volunteer) everyday and making sure all is paid for. I piss on rich people and their leased cars.

This whole volunteer for the NFL is a joke and those who participate in giving away your time for free to the richest sport on the planet are just plain dumb for doing it. Pay me and I`ll "volunteer". Otherwise screw you. I`m going to bed early that night like I do for every stupid bowl game the last 20+ years. It`s the worst game of the season imo. Commercials galore to products I will never purchase nor endorse for others to purchase. Like a regular season game, it`s all about the food and drinks. The rest of it is crap. Why can`t the NFL change this game to a Saturday night? They have plans for 2014 that if the weather is bad, which I`m praying daily for, they`ll move the game to Tuesday. LOL Yeah, thats gonna go over well for those who host SB parties. I hate the SB as much as I hate the new Giants Stadium. Trust me, the hatred is borderline evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    why would you want to lie to innocent people and purposely put them in harms way? women and children who have zero affiliations with the nfl. because they can afford to enjoy the super bowl you would purposely give them wrong directions. what if they were injured or worse yet killed because of your shenanigans.
    I would never volunteer to do it first off. It was a joke. If they paid me to do it, I would be the best on helping people find their way.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    There are other places to send those idiots too.

Like give a crap what those with money to burn want. LOL Funny how those with money and dumbass toys think they ain`t gonna die just like everyone else. Waste your money on shiit in this life all you want to. You all die just like anyone else and NONE of it goes with you. Save your money for your children and stop being selfish.
    Volunteer to clean my toilets on Super Bowl Sunday?

I'll even pay you.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Of course it's not a bad thing. It's just that I don't believe you. And since you're here to entertain me, you're going to have to do a lot better, chimp.
    Why don't you follow your 12 year old twin brother McGinley and disappear for awhile, my little bear.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Yes, thanks. I couldn't remember their names. His attitude towards other people who may be less fortunate than SAR (in regards to financial standing) reminds me of these two witches.

I am willing to bet he even refers to the people who clean his hotel room, taxi driver, the cashier at the supermarket, the hot dog vendor, etc., as "the little people." Disgusting.
    You have PayPal?

I'll send you $10, make everything better. Okay?

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend

people in green bay line up to shovel snow for $10 an hour.
    Hey, I'm good with that too if the whole toilet thing doesn't work out.

Discount if I get some of my neighbors onboard?

SAR I

Volunteer to clean my toilets on Super Bowl Sunday?

I'll even pay you.

SAR I
    wont you be at the game in the $5000 seats you acquired?

Hey, I'm good with that too if the whole toilet thing doesn't work out.

Discount if I get some of my neighbors onboard?

SAR I
    you mean you dont have a heated driveway? and you're nanny doesnt shovel snow?

You ain`t got enough money to pay me to clean your toilet. I`d only crap in your bathtub anyway and pee on your sink faucet, then use your bath towels to wipe my butt. Then I`ll sneeze some chew all over your mirror. It`s ok though, you`ll just have to pay your nanny OT to clean up my mess, which would be thoroughly enjoyed creating.

wont you be at the game in the $5000 seats you acquired?

you mean you dont have a heated driveway? and you're nanny doesnt shovel snow?