Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jets will go offense with their first pick in draft!

Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Absolutely especially with this draft being more deep than top heavy....problem will be finding someone to trade with

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Yep...I was wrong on what Mangini got back on trading down multiple times for Mack...But he did get the Jets 2nd, and some additional later round picks by trading down a couple of times..

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Yea I love eifert....I still rather keep revis at the right price but I'm not sure its going to happen. Then we can go guard in round 2 safety rb or wr in round 3

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    That is what I was thinking. If things played out like your post I would really want us to take a Guard in the 2nd.

Rookie
    Im for Warmack at 9 then OLB round 2 or QB. Warmack seems to be a very safe pick. We obviously need to avoid to replicate a "gholston"

nah we beefed up the D line the last 2 drafts. Mo is looking like a pro bowl caliber guy and Coples IMO has even more potential if he puts it together. Those are 2 beast on each side both solid with pass rush and at stopping the run. Now its time for an edge guy to get to that QB. We despertely need a pass rusher. OLB is a position we've been ignoring hoping Pace would have that year. It never happened and then we were hoping Maybin became that guy last year. There's no game changing offensive guys for us to get that are going to just make us an explosive offense but there's defensive guys on the board that can help. There's some real solid OLB pass rushers in this draft. Lets draft an OLB in round 1 and either a OL or TE in round 2.

We gotta hope Stephen Hill and Kerley have breakout seasons and we can't keep getting outside receivers early in these drafts and not having anyone to protect the QB. Next year is our draft .. we get Tampa's 1st and 2nd for next year we can stack up on offense and get some game changers either at RB, QB, or receiver. Lord knows we need it .. especially at RB and QB

We had a good "defensive coach" last year in Rex and they still went defense in the first round for the third year in a row.

If anything, the fact that we have Rex suggests that we will go D in the first round once again.

Practice Squad
    What area did the Jets struggle mightily last season? Offense!
    Are aware that we lost 7 starters on Defense so far. If Revis goes that makes 8. Harris Coples, and Wilkerson are only defensive starters remaining.

Although I'd love to get Warmack or Cooper at #9, I think we definately take an OLB at that pick.

If you think we sucked on Offense last season, wait until you see the Defense this season.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by mudcat21 View Post
    Are aware that we lost 7 starters on Defense so far. If Revis goes that makes 8. Harris Coples, and Wilkerson are only defensive starters remaining.

Although I'd love to get Warmack or Cooper at #9, I think we definately take an OLB at that pick.

If you think we sucked on Offense last season, wait until you see the Defense this season.
    Cro is a starter from last year who will be back too ... not sure if Coples counts as a starter or not though? He seemed to play more in the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    With as many holes as we have, you take the best player available. Whether that is O or D shouldn't matter.
    ding ding ding ding ding ding ding

We have a winner!

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellaz View Post
    So we take Austin at #9 and then you're gonna play OLB for us?
    Lol

Veteran
    if available the JETS will take Chance Warmack with #9 pick.

Jets Insider VIP
    Warmack at #9

There isn't a single 1st round graded passrusher that doesn't come with a host of red flags.

Right now, we're set to start Ducasse and an injury prone Willie Colon at the guard spots. That's pretty damn scary.

Warmack is as close to a "can't miss" prospect as you'll find in this draft class and can step in from day 1 and make an impact.

All Pro
    I'd be very pleased if we got Warmack at #9. I think he'd be a great option for us.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    What wins in todays NFL? Offense wins. What area did the Jets struggle mightily last season? Offense! Todays NFL is geared towards the offense. Do the Jets need playmakers? Yes - badly! Do the Jets have a good defensive coordinator that can take a defense with average talent and make them better? Yes we have Rex. The Jets will keep this quiet but I can almost guarantee that they will pick Tavon Austin with their 9th pick. It simply makes too much sense. They will keep looking at defensive players but they gonna go offense. If Austin is gone they will go with that other receiver Patterson I believe. Jets need offense folks. Austin would make this Jet offense instantaneously more dangerous. I think its a no brainer. Just hope he's there at #9.
    Thanks for the update John! You've been doing a great job as GM so far!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    I'd be very pleased if we got Warmack at #9. I think he'd be a great option for us.
    He seems to be all over the place on different mocks. The earliest I've seen in 4th and 8th, but most are lower and much lower. Seems like OLB TE and S are going to be the Jets targets.

All Pro
    We're not drafting Austin @ 9... forget it.

The best chance of an O player being taken in the first is Warmack/Cooper. Recognize that this team lost half it's defensive starters...

You want O? pray we trade back and take TE Eifert. that boy's a beeeeast!

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Austin is McCluster pt 2. He is going to SUCK in NFL.. Sorry!!! and using ur 1st rd pic on a olb isn't smart. Tons of lb's in rds 2-whatever to choose frm. Get a Playmaker bc there are more lb's then playmakers in this draft..
    Interesting. So, you think in the new wide open NFL Austin will suck?
    We'll see.
    I think you are totally wrong. Guy will be a difference maker for someone.