Thread: Fred Davis staying with the Skins

Hall Of Fame
    I think this guy basically used everyone for leverage. Good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think this guy basically used everyone for leverage. Good for him.
    And the Jets didn't even get to get used!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    And the Jets didn't even get to get used!
    Well initially it was reported that he was going to meet with us. So he probably used that with other teams which is smart b.c everyone knows we are desperate for a TE.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Well initially it was reported that he was going to meet with us. So he probably used that with other teams which is smart b.c everyone knows we are desperate for a TE.
    My guess the Redskins caved before he even got to the Jets so there was no need to come here

Oh well, at least the Bills are still suffering just as bad as us.

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Oh well, at least the Bills are still suffering just as bad as us.
    Except they get to pick right before the Jets do. Last year the Seahawks were ahead of the Jets and I think they snatched every pick the Jets were hoping for right from under them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Except they get to pick right before the Jets do. Last year the Seahawks were ahead of the Jets and I think they snatched every pick the Jets were hoping for right from under them.
    Coples over Irvin everyday and twice on Sunday.
    Fred Davis is no big deal. We can gt Jordan Reed in th later round of the draft to platoon with big play Cumby, Reuland, and Hayden Smith who Tanny said was impossible to defend in training albeit he's still very raw bt is a fine athlete.

who really cares about fred dead davis. only those who want names instead of players.

He signed a one-year deal in Washington, which means Buffalo only offered him a one-year deal as well and he probably got word that that is what the Jets were prepared to offer him. If you're faced with a one-year deal and you can stay where you are with RGInjury or Kirk Cousins or move yourself and your family to play with Tavaris Jackson/a rookie or Mark Sanchez/David Garrard .. hmmm .. let me think here ...

No shock.

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Coples over Irvin everyday and twice on Sunday.
    It does seem to be turning out that way and let's hope it does, but at the time I think the Jets would have taken Irvin. Also, Wilson was on their radar. Everyone is screaming about how the Jets 'passed' on him but it would have been crazy to take him in an earlier round, or trade up. If he dropped to 16 I think they would have taken him.

you're probably right about filling the rest of the TE position though

Mediocre TE coming off a torn achilles injury. If the Jets had signed him they'd be getting blasted for it.