Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 71

Thread: New Story: Jets lose another player as Slauson signs with Bears

  1. #21
    All Jets 24/7
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    JI Land
    Posts
    1,849
    Post Thanks / Like

    Post New Story: Jets lose another player as Slauson signs with Bears

    The mass exodus of players continued today as LG Matt Slauson signed a one year contract with Chicago. The deal was confirmed by a twitter post by the Bears this afternoon.

    Slauson, started all games at LG for the Jets over the past three seasons after being drafted by the Jets in the sixth round out of Nebraska in 2009. The loss leaves another hole in the Jets starting lineup. Starting RG Brandon Moore is an unrestricted FA and not expected to be re-signed.

    The loss of Slauson leaves only Mark Sanchez remaining from the 2009 draft class.

    In other news free agent...

    More...

  2. #22
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another Tanny Bust®

  3. #23
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who's left?

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,686
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Another Tanny Bust®
    what are you talking about? The guy was a very servicable LG. He did not cost us much and opened many holes in the run game. We can not have all pros at every position. He surely beat out Vald who was a high draft pick.

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,531
    Post Thanks / Like
    KJ, he was being sarcastic.

    No such thing as a 6th round bust.

  6. #26
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Rex Ryan is the coach of the New York Jets."

    --Woody Johnson, February 2013

    SAR I

  7. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,228
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Who's left?
    The equipment manager ... the security guard refused a pay cut, so he was released

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,464
    Post Thanks / Like

    It' s not an exodus and they didn't lose a player. They did not resign him.

  9. #29
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    508
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Chance!

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Fitting for a CFL quality fan base

    CFL fans aren't that bad.

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MMehtaNYDN: #Jets did, in fact, make an offer to Matt Slauson. However, he chose Bears' deal, which was for more than the vet minimum, I'm told. #nyj

  12. #32
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    149
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well...we lost another one.

  13. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @MMehtaNYDN: #Jets did, in fact, make an offer to Matt Slauson. However, he chose Bears' deal, which was for more than the vet minimum, I'm told. #nyj
    slauson has been around here long enough hes not stupid. why would any player want to subject themselves to rex.woodys and the nyjets bull****.

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,531
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    slauson has been around here long enough hes not stupid. why would any player want to subject themselves to rex.woodys and the nyjets bull****.
    He was never coming back here after what happened last season. They forced a meaningless pay cut on him and then made him share time with Vlad.

  15. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He was never coming back here after what happened last season. They forced a meaningless pay cut on him and then made him share time with Vlad.
    what happened to everyone wants to play for rex ryan?

  16. #36
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,282
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    what happened to everyone wants to play for rex ryan?
    Hmmmmn more importantly what happened to Ryan's statement that the Jets were the most talented team in the NFL!!!

  17. #37
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The 5th Dimension
    Posts
    1,038
    Post Thanks / Like
    with the ninth pick in the 2013 NFL draft the New York Jets select Chance Warmack

    'bout time!!

  18. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,630
    Post Thanks / Like
    i feel like the jets are going to go with the houston astros approach. their willing to lose this year in order to get draft picks and rebuild. i don't know what the plan is, but as of now there are no starting guards, no starting OLBs, and no starting safeties on this roster. CAN'T WAIT!

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,984
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    i feel like the jets are going to go with the houston astros approach. their willing to lose this year in order to get draft picks and rebuild. i don't know what the plan is, but as of now there are no starting guards, no starting OLBs, and no starting safeties on this roster. CAN'T WAIT!
    And we have a game Sunday.. Oh wait no we don't it's 5 and half months away..

  20. #40
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Hmmmmn more importantly what happened to Ryan's statement that the Jets were the most talented team in the NFL!!!
    And what happened to "The players will have each other's backs, and if you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us