Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Story: Jets lose another player as Slauson signs with Bears

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by J.E.T.Sfan4life View Post
    with the ninth pick in the 2013 NFL draft the New York Jets select Chance Warmack

'bout time!!
    If he's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I think you are wrong! The guy was not an all-pro but he was very servicable. Apparently the Bears think so too. This will be not knowing what we had until we do not have him anymore. I wish the guy well and hope that his critics wake up one day!
    Agree mostly.The guy was a 6th round draft pick who is a more than capable starter.He's a success story and good on him.he's far from irreplaceable but he did a god job for us and was an underrated Tannenbaum draft success.If evey mid-round pick gave is his level of production we'd be alright

Hope he does well in Chicago but hope we can improve at LG in 2013

no great loss.he was damaged goods anyway

[QUOTE=heymangold;4847578]i feel like the jets are going to go with the houston astros approach. their willing to lose this year in order to get draft picks and rebuild. i don't know what the plan is, but as of now there are no starting guards, no starting OLBs, and no starting safeties on this roster. CAN'T WAIT![/QUOTE

I agree with you.I am glad that the jets have cleaned house.the handwriting was on the wall last seaso.lets see how the jets handle the draft in april..

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I didn't think he would sign until after the draft. Hardly a surprise that he isn't a Jet anymore.

Vlad will be a starter in 2013.
    Maybe in the CFL. He won't be starting for the Jets.

OMG we lost Slauson! Another important cog from our superbowl championship team. We just keep losing great players. I don't know what the Jets are gonna do. Woeways me. I guess the Jets are gonna have to pull someone out of the stands to cover that spot. I'm thinking maybe I should jump off a cliff or something because of all these great players the media says we are losing. Oh wait - Slauson wasn't part of any Jet championship team. We didn't even win our division with him. Jets only won 6 games with him last season. Maybe he wasn't that good. Maybe we can get a better replacement for less money than he demanded. Ok - now I feel better. The media makes it sound like we lost some all pro that makes our whole offense click - what offense? There was none last season. Seriously I'm just rambling but the media continually makes every Jet non signing gloom and doom and I'm about sick of it!

no biggie, just the new gm cleaning house and getting ready for 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i was thinking more like an expansion team.
    I didn't realize they had expansion in the CFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Thats the point.

When we have the #1 draft pick next year and a franchise qb on the way, you guys will realize what only a few of us already do. In the meantime, the fools on this board will keep discussing how if we just bring in a few more jags, we can win 10 games this year.
    Haha so true...that's for the crowd saying the Jets will be a 7 or 8 win team. Idzik is gutting this team for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    I wanted him back, cheaper adn younger than B Moore. A JAG, but certainly not a liability.
    I prefer Moore. He is a significantly better player than Slauson and won't cost more than a 1 yr deal at around $2 mil.

I liked Slauson and thank him for his time as a Jet, but I have to say that the saddest person today has to be Manish Mehta. Every negative Jets's story of his featured quotes (often taken out of context) from Slauson. He had looose lips in the locker room... and loose lips sink ships.

That being said, I still wish him well (except when he plays the Jets) and F**K Mehta (and Cimini and Costello).

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    I liked Slauson and thank him for his time as a Jet, but I have to say that the saddest person today has to be Manish Mehta. Every negative Jets's story of his featured quotes (often taken out of context) from Slauson. He had looose lips in the locker room... and loose lips sink ships.

That being said, I still wish him well (except when he plays the Jets) and F**K Mehta (and Cimini and Costello).
    Slauson put his name on everything he said. He was not the a-hole anonymous source that Mehta was using. It has been rumored that the source was Pettine.

Either way, I look forward to a much quieter locker room under Idzik.

Superbowl....

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Slauson put his name on everything he said. He was not the a-hole anonymous source that Mehta was using. It has been rumored that the source was Pettine.

Either way, I look forward to a much quieter locker room under Idzik.
    I agree. My attack was on Mehta more than Slauson. He was man enough to put his name on it, but he should have kept quiet. Doesn't matter anymore though.

I definitely look forward to a quieter locker room next season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Decent passblocker, craptastic in the running game.

I always thought of Slauson as a decent player who is best suited as a backup. As a starting OG, he's mediocre at best.

LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    LG Chance Warmack
    C Nick Mangold
    RG Willie Colon
    RT Austin Howard

Really hoping that's our OL heading into next season.

The leftside of that offensive line has the potential to straight up sh*t on teams.

Another player that just wasn't that good!
    A LG playing between 2 Pro Bowlers needs to be better than what Slausen showed.
    The Jets were dying for Vlad to replace him, except Vlads just a big oaf that can't seem to be ready on a snap count.
    Vlad is slow mentally, maybe not mentally challenged, he doesn't have that quick trigger you need in the NFL.
    Slausen was a guy coming off I believe 2 shoulder surgeries & he was never that good at moving anybody before going under the knife.
    I'm completely fine with finding upgrades at weak positions & LG was one of them.
    Everyone keeps talking Warmack & I'm wanting Cooper all the way!
    In the WCO you want strong athletic guys, I think Cooper between Dbrick & Mangold makes the left side of the Jets line one of the best in the NFL.
    A guy like Cooper getting into the 2nd level can do some damage.
    And in the 2nd I'm all over Vaccaro if he's still there.
    If you can strengthen the middle of your O & your D.
    TE in the 3rd & I'm really happy.
    Just the addition of Marty & the new Quicker RB will help.
    2 year rebuild folks, the splashy offensive players come with all the cap space the Jets will have next year, or if we get lucky with picks 3-7.

Jets Insider VIP
    Great job by the I man not vastly overpaying JAGs like Slaussen, Keller, Landry, Bell and the like as we all know Tannenboob would have.

1 Don't piss away draft picks for bums like Teblow

2 Don't overpay JAGs

3 Build through the draft....likesmart teams do

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    if you actually think that the jets will intentionaly lose games then you know ZERO bout football.....we are still in friggin march. It's hilarious how you so called jets fan do nothing except bad mouth and mock this team...we lost slauson...so what...idzik knows what he is doing. You all are saying 2013 will be a wash.....I guess none of you will be watching the jets in 2013...lol....truly amazing. I wonder what you would say if you were a browns-lions-bills fan etc....teams that have done nothing in over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    i feel like the jets are going to go with the houston astros approach. their willing to lose this year in order to get draft picks and rebuild. i don't know what the plan is, but as of now there are no starting guards, no starting OLBs, and no starting safeties on this roster. CAN'T WAIT!

Hall Of Fame
    the media even made shohn green leaving sound like it was a major loss...i guess they were not aware that he was in the 2013 jets plans with the wc offense.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    OMG we lost Slauson! Another important cog from our superbowl championship team. We just keep losing great players. I don't know what the Jets are gonna do. Woeways me. I guess the Jets are gonna have to pull someone out of the stands to cover that spot. I'm thinking maybe I should jump off a cliff or something because of all these great players the media says we are losing. Oh wait - Slauson wasn't part of any Jet championship team. We didn't even win our division with him. Jets only won 6 games with him last season. Maybe he wasn't that good. Maybe we can get a better replacement for less money than he demanded. Ok - now I feel better. The media makes it sound like we lost some all pro that makes our whole offense click - what offense? There was none last season. Seriously I'm just rambling but the media continually makes every Jet non signing gloom and doom and I'm about sick of it!

Hall Of Fame
    if healthy thats a nice o line

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Decent passblocker, craptastic in the running game.

I always thought of Slauson as a decent player who is best suited as a backup. As a starting OG, he's mediocre at best.

LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    LG Chance Warmack
    C Nick Mangold
    RG Willie Colon
    RT Austin Howard

Really hoping that's our OL heading into next season.

The leftside of that offensive line has the potential to straight up sh*t on teams.