Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Per Schefter: Dallas Cowboys & Tony Romo agree to monster extension

Good move. Frees up a lot of cap space this season and they lock up a good QB for years. Romo is not the problem on the Cowboys. Teams win playoff games. TEAMS. One player can't do it all. Dallas's D has underperformed for years and their running game has been very inconsistent. One thing they are great at every season is throwing the football. Gee, I wonder why....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    romo is 10x better than sanchez.
    Show your arithmetic.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellaz View Post
    Aaron Rogers is gonna be laughing all the way to the bank after the deals Flacco and Romo just got....
    +10000

Rogers is gonna ask for a MINIMUM of $150 million, and he'll get it. And he deserves it.

All League
    10 x 0 = 0

so false

All League
    Romo is better than Sanchez but he still sucks

All League
    Is Romo also training with Jeff Garcia and Jamarcus this summer?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    lol

What better option does Dallas have?

Has he so far been a choker? Hells yeah ... Has he also been pretty good for them otherwise? ... Yes also ... I don't see Dallas having had a better choice ... If not they could wind up like us at qb

Ljr

And yet he still sucks.

Guess Tanny's not the only stupid one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    55 guaranteed? WHY??? who the **** would have even given him 20? Why would Dallas bid against themselves?
    Standard logic is he gets what is left on his deal 100% guaranteed plus a signing bonus on his extension with roster bonus. This was 25 mil signing bonus plus 17 mil in what is due this year. So say 13 mil in new roster bonus. I assumed Romo would want more then what Vick got. There was something in his deal said he cant be franchised. This was a stupid signing they should have traded him.

Here is the base breakdown
    3/29/2013: Signed a seven-year, $119.5 million contract. The deal contains $55 million guaranteed, including a $25 million signing bonus and Romo's first-year base salary. 2013: $1.5 million, 2014: $13.5 million, 2015: $17 million, 2016: $8.5 million, 2017: $14 million, 2018: $19.5 million, 2019: $20.5 million, 2020: Free Agent

He never sees those last 2 years but your still talking he just made 90 mil easy.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Good move. Frees up a lot of cap space this season and they lock up a good QB for years. Romo is not the problem on the Cowboys. Teams win playoff games. TEAMS. One player can't do it all. Dallas's D has underperformed for years and their running game has been very inconsistent. One thing they are great at every season is throwing the football. Gee, I wonder why....
    Funny that teams win and one player can't do it all and yet teams are paying QB's like they can do it all and that QB's win.

Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    No that would interfere with his pro indoor soccer league.

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    lol

Has he so far been a choker? Hells yeah ... Has he also been pretty good for them otherwise? ... Yes also ... I don't see Dallas having had a better choice ... If not they could wind up like us at qb. I'm tired of seeing the Giants kick their ass every year.

Ljr
    Romo is the most mentally fragile qb in the entire league. He's a stats guy who can't get it done in the 4th quarter of close games. Jerry Jones needs to hire a guy like Bill Cowher give him the keys and remake this team instead of trying to micromanage it.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    100x.

But that isn't the point.
    Yes it is ... we gave Suckchez 50+ million last i checked.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I honestly don't think I've ever seen a worse big game QB than Tony Romo.

Whenever the Cowboys absolutely NEED a win, you can always count on Romo to piss it all away. It's like clockwork.

I've always hated Dallas so I'm loving this.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Romo is the most mentally fragile qb in the entire league. He's a stats guy who can't get it done in the 4th quarter of close games. Jerry Jones needs to hire a guy like Bill Cowher give him the keys and remake this team instead of trying to micromanage it.
    Wrong ... Sanchez is.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I don't dispute that ... I'm saying what better alternative do they have?

The answer is none

We are worse at qb ... If Dallas lets him go they will sink down to our level

Ljr

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    insane contract but you are correct....they really hd no other choice

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    lol

Has he so far been a choker? Hells yeah ... Has he also been pretty good for them otherwise? ... Yes also ... I don't see Dallas having had a better choice ... If not they could wind up like us at qb

Ljr

$108 million for a soon to be 33 year-old with one playoff win on his resume and that was YEARS ago.

Nice job, Jerry.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    but NO ONE can truly be surprised that jones made such a move.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    $108 million for a soon to be 33 year-old with one playoff win on his resume and that was YEARS ago.

Nice job, Jerry.