Thread: Mock With Revis Trade

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Mock With Revis Trade

As much as I dont like Mock Drafts with trades, I think we are going to move revis and I also think we had an excellent trade partner available in New Orleans.

Revis - #13 this year and the bucs 2nd round pick in 2014.

Trade down from 9 to 16 - 3rd and 5th this year and a 3rd round pick in 2014

13 - Damontre Moore - He is the type of OLB that we need

16 - Ryan Nassib - Is it "early" for him, yes. But there is little difference IMO in taking a QB at 16 or 29, especially in this draft.

2nd Rd - Johnathon Cyprien, talented, tough, leader, perfect day one starter at safety

3rd Rd A - Brian Winters - we need a starting guard and hes a good value here

3rd Rd B - Vance MacDonald - We need a TE and he too is an excellent value

4th Rd - Chris Harper WR - tough, physical, strong WR

5th Rd A - Kenjon Barner - breakaway speed, can be brought along slowly as SF did last year with LaMichael James

5th Rd B - Ricky Wagner - OT depth

6th Rd - Chris Pantale (TE BC) - Big, Tall TE

7th Rd - Best available DB

I know a lot of people dont like the Nassib pick but he has the size, arm strength, hand size (for cold weather) and does a good job feeling the rush and getting to his second or 3rd read.

Our QB play was so atrocious last year that I think with a marginal improvement along with more speed on defense and having an actual NFL OC this team can be very competitive as Nassib wont be asked to do too much in the beginning

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way in the world should the Jets take Ryan Nassib in the first 30 spots, trade down/2nd first rounder or not. I don't believe this is the year for a QB.

Using the same spots as above, I would probably pick a different bunch of players from top to bottom. Disagree with it on the most part.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    No way in the world should the Jets take Ryan Nassib in the first 30 spots, trade down/2nd first rounder or not. I don't believe this is the year for a QB.

Using the same spots as above, I would probably pick a different bunch of players from top to bottom. Disagree with it on the most part.
    Agree, Jets are NOT picking a QB this year. They have too many holes to fill and will work on those and wait until next year where there will be a better crop of QBs available. All the QBs available this year in the draft are simply mediocre at best.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    As much as I dont like Mock Drafts with trades, I think we are going to move revis and I also think we had an excellent trade partner available in New Orleans.

16 - Ryan Nassib - Is it "early" for him, yes. But there is little difference IMO in taking a QB at 16 or 29, especially in this draft.

2nd Rd - Johnathon Cyprien, talented, tough, leader, perfect day one starter at safety

5th Rd A - Kenjon Barner - breakaway speed, can be brought along slowly as SF did last year with LaMichael James

I know a lot of people dont like the Nassib pick but he has the size, arm strength, hand size (for cold weather) and does a good job feeling the rush and getting to his second or 3rd read.

Our QB play was so atrocious last year that I think with a marginal improvement along with more speed on defense and having an actual NFL OC this team can be very competitive as Nassib wont be asked to do too much in the beginning
    You Sir are a passionate fan and before i pick at your Work, let me applaud your effort.

Now, using your trade senario, i would have to go in a different direction. I believe you have the Jets making 2 trades leaving them with these picks.

1st: 13th: Jonathon Cooper : OG/OC
    1st: 15th: Damontrae Moore : OLb

2nd: 39th: Cornelious Washington : OLB

3rd: 72th: Christine Michael : RB
    3rd: 75th: Tyler Bray : QB

4th: 106th: Chris Harper : WRF

5th: 141st: Chris Faulk : OT/OG
    5th: 144th: Dion Simms :TE

6th: 178th: Cooper Taylor : SS

7th: 215th: D J Hayden : CB

The Jets need LBers, and we 2 with different skill sets. The Jets need OLmen and we got 2 with the potential to fill in at different positions along the OL.We add a potential starting RB, a potential starting TE a QB with potential Franchise abilities, a WR who in a year could be teamed with Hill to form an outstanding starting core along with Kerley in the slot and 2 injured players with starting potential at SS and CB.

If these work out you have a potential starting offensive lineup in 2014 of :

QB: Tyler Bray
    RB: Christine Michael
    WR: Stephon Hill
    WR: Chris Harper
    WR: Jeremy Kerley
    TE: Dion Simms
    Protected by an OL made up of:

LT: Ferguson
    LG: Cooper
    C : Mangold
    RG: Faulk
    RT: Howard

ON Defense :

LE: Wilkerson
    NT: Ellis/
    RE: Coples

ROLB: Moore
    SILB : Harris
    WILB : Davis
    LOLB:Washington

CB: Cromartie
    CB: Wilson
    FS: Bush
    SS: Taylor

If it doen't workout :

We draft either Bridgewater or trade Clowney and continue to build.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

It's interesting how one pick can make or break a draft. I hate it right now, but you take out Nassib (with a god damn shotgun) and put Cooper in there, and suddenly - I love this draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd take someone other then Moore but I like it. Nessib wouldn't be 1st on my QB list but I will take any QB at this point over what we have.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

It really shocks me (and at this point it shouldnt) how many people here are killing this QB class with literally zero facts behind it.

Does everyone know how much of a complete crapshoot the QB position is as far as drafting. The last time a QB class looked like this, the "spread QB" went 1st overall (alex smith) was a complete "bust" and then turned his career around. The 2nd QB in that draft, who the "experts" clearly felt wasnt worthy of a top 10 pick fell into the 20s and is now the best QB in the NFL.

The draft I projected here is what I think the team will do because their jobs and careers depend on it. We can sit here as fans and say "lets wait for teddy bridgewater", but the truth of the matter is that is ridiculous and nothing more then fan speak. If Terry Bradway thinks Nassib has the tools (which many scouts do) and Idzik believes in Bradways evaluation then 16 is definitely not too high for him - would you bet your career that he makes it to pick 39 because mel kiper said he is a second rounder and not a top 20 guy?

I think cooper is an excellent player as is warmack, but we need a QB so badly that you have to take the risk and I think Nassib is the best calculated risk in the draft.