Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matt Flynn to the Raiders?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Not me I actually wouldn't say that. Oakland hasn't been the worst making QB calls over the year they just over pay. Palmer was a good move but not worth what you paid. Campbell was a good signing as was Kerry. Walter even had his moments. Your issues over the years have been coaching and over paying. Right now they are doing the right thing. Your clearing house and setting yourselves up for a rebuild next year. Your going to be bad no way around it. Flynn or any other QB isn't going to change that. Next year your pretty much an expansion team IMO. Starting a new beginning and rightfully so.
    That is alot better post THAN the previous ones. Again the only thing that can possible save the Raiders season this year and it's a longshot - T Pryor. Everyone knows he is the fastest Qb in the NFl today and can kill any defense with his legs. That might be important if you were playing another position beside Qb. A Qb is worth only how good he can throw the football.
    T Pryor showed great touch last year in the one game he played in, but he couldn't make every throw that a starting Qb has to make. Every pass was soft and didn't throw one pass with any velocity.
    Unless he can make those throws this year that he couldn't last year .than he has no chance to be a starting Qb in this league. He could have success as a situational QB who only plays in the redzone. ( with his legs and his touch he very dangerous and effective Qb in that small area.

As we seen with a lot of Qbs you can work really hard at improving throwing the football but it doesn't gurantee that it will ever improve. Still have to see the raiders draft before i get my Clowney jersey ordered for 2014. It looking more and more like a possibility.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-30-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Flynn is garbage and would be a big downgrade to C Palmer. Flynn won't even beat out T Pryor for the job. Raiders can't trade C Palmer to the Cardinals if he doesn't want to go there(reports are he rather be cut and sign as backup to 49ers. C Palmer it isn't about the money( he has invested very wisely ) and It's all about being part of a championship.(even if he just
    the backup QB)

Yes he under contract and would have to accept a trade to Cardinals providing they don't need him to restructure to fit him under their salary cap. If they can fit him in than he has little choice but accept the trade or retire.
    If the Cardinals do need him to restructure his contract than he doesn't have to play ball.( can force the raiders to cut him)

If this Flynn trade goes down and T Pryor can't make the throws this year that he had trouble last year making. Than the Raiders are almost guaranteed to have the first pick in the draft in 2014.
    Only thing that can save this mess for the Raiders is if T Pryor can now make those throws he had trouble last year.
    Firstly, at what stature do you consider yourself at on this board to evaluate everybody's posting credentials?

You talk a fair amount of BS yourself, "Carson Palmer is not about the money" are you for real, he has always been about Carson Palmer first and money second. He has done to you exactly what he did to the bengals, considering what you gave up for him, the man has absolutely no morals or loyalty.

Stop trying to pick holes in everyone's posts as soon as they try to debate you or give criticism to the raiders, try taking your "in reggie we trust" black tinted homer glasses off.

If people feel its warranted to criticise the raiders then they are well within their rights to do so, they don't need you to validate their opinions based on whether they are in agreement with you or not.

In my opinion the Flynn trade is an unknown quantity, yes he was beat out by a 3rd round rookie, but he is an exceptional rookie so no shame there. I don't think any of us have seen enough of Flynn to make an informed opinion how good he is as a starter, however at this stage it would be hard to suggest he is anything other then a career backup.

In part I concur with the above post that the raiders are doin business the right way, Idzik is doin the same with us. You don't need to jump to the defence of the current regime for the last regimes failures.

What mostly gets on my dick about raider fans is how delusional they are, because you haven't made the playoffs for over a decade you consider any change as good change.

Reggie can do no wrong, Allen's a great hire, Sparano a great o-line coach, d-mac is elite at 3.3 ypc last year, D Moore is a world beater when in reality he has produced nothing but flashes as vertical threat.

Raider fans are all up the arse of there own players, Carson, Seymour etc where all loved by raider fans, but soon as they want to leave you jump all over them as if there departure is a step in the right direction. Look at Hue Jackson, best thing since sliced bread in 11, soon as they fired him its a step in the right direction.

It's ok to admit you suck and have been an epic failure, I'm not sayin you should not be positive, lord knows us jet fans could use a bit more positivity, but I would rather be a SOJF than a we can do no wrong homer.

Sorry for havin a rant, but your comments about people's posts and the quality of them, really annoyed me.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    truth is we have been hearing more hype about flynn than anything else...he goes to seattle and gets a huge contract and gets beat by a rookie...I am not saying he sucks but too many people act as though he is the missing piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    How do you know how good Flynn will be? What qualifications do you have to be able to form an intelligent opinion on how good or bad Matt Flynn will be as a QB? You're right he only played 1 game, so you must have some inside information from practice or worked him out personally. And if not please elaborate on how after evaluating the 1 game he started in his career, where he threw for 480 yards, completed 71% of his passes and threw 6 tds all against a 10 win playoff team and without Greg Jennings, that you came to the conclusion that he's terrible. Thanks and I'll be waiting for your response.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    tebow will not be on the roster and I can't see the jets not drafting a qb and kolb might also become a jet.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    My point is that if the Raiders are trading for Flynn, even if it's for a 5th rounder, they are not using their first rounder on Geno Smith. They will go into the season with Pryor and Flynn.

Same with AZ. If they get Palmer, Stanton is obviously gonna be pissed because Palmer is the starter. They too will not be drafting a 3rd string QB in the first two rounds.

Say whatever you want, if we go into this season with Sanchez/Garrard/Tebow/McElroy, this season will be worse than 2005. I'm not saying whoever we draft could change that, but at least we would have an option that we DON'T already know is garbage. I'm not even convinced Garrard will be healthy enough to make the team let alone beat out the worst starting QB in the league.

My thinking is this, if we are going to run the WCO long term, then we need to come out of this draft with either Smith, Nassib, or Barkley. Bills could take Geno at 8, Jax could take Nassib at 33. That leaves us Barkley at 39.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    tebow will not be on the roster and I can't see the jets not drafting a qb and kolb might also become a jet.
    Kolb will end up in KC IMO. It is a good fit for his personality and he knows the system. Reid will use him to teach Smith, Daniel, and Stanzi the system. I actually wouldn't be shocked if he ended the year as their starter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Firstly, at what stature do you consider yourself at on this board to evaluate everybody's posting credentials?

You talk a fair amount of BS yourself, "Carson Palmer is not about the money" are you for real, he has always been about Carson Palmer first and money second. He has done to you exactly what he did to the bengals, considering what you gave up for him, the man has absolutely no morals or loyalty.

Stop trying to pick holes in everyone's posts as soon as they try to debate you or give criticism to the raiders, try taking your "in reggie we trust" black tinted homer glasses off.

If people feel its warranted to criticise the raiders then they are well within their rights to do so, they don't need you to validate their opinions based on whether they are in agreement with you or not.

In my opinion the Flynn trade is an unknown quantity, yes he was beat out by a 3rd round rookie, but he is an exceptional rookie so no shame there. I don't think any of us have seen enough of Flynn to make an informed opinion how good he is as a starter, however at this stage it would be hard to suggest he is anything other then a career backup.

In part I concur with the above post that the raiders are doin business the right way, Idzik is doin the same with us. You don't need to jump to the defence of the current regime for the last regimes failures.

What mostly gets on my dick about raider fans is how delusional they are, because you haven't made the playoffs for over a decade you consider any change as good change.

Reggie can do no wrong, Allen's a great hire, Sparano a great o-line coach, d-mac is elite at 3.3 ypc last year, D Moore is a world beater when in reality he has produced nothing but flashes as vertical threat.

Raider fans are all up the arse of there own players, Carson, Seymour etc where all loved by raider fans, but soon as they want to leave you jump all over them as if there departure is a step in the right direction. Look at Hue Jackson, best thing since sliced bread in 11, soon as they fired him its a step in the right direction.

It's ok to admit you suck and have been an epic failure, I'm not sayin you should not be positive, lord knows us jet fans could use a bit more positivity, but I would rather be a SOJF than a we can do no wrong homer.

Sorry for havin a rant, but your comments about people's posts and the quality of them, really annoyed me.
    Lmao Listen I don't know if you are the poster friend or you are the poster who made those dumb remarks (changed your handle) , but that what happens when you don't do research on a subject. Everyone has opinions on topics and we can debate whether they are right or wrong .

you can't debate facts. I had them and showed how wrong the poster was. R Mckenzie and the Raiders organization can't be held accountable for moves the previous regime made. Just like the Jets new GM can't be held responsible for someone else mistake- Mark Sanchez or the fact they can't put the franchise tag on Revis anymore.

So I didn't put those words in the poster mouth. He still mad it looks like the 170 plus yards Darren Mcfadden put on the vaunted Rex Ryan defense or the fact that his team hasn't reached a super bowl since 1969 .( not in his lifetime probably). You can take your shots at the Raiders organization but just be prepared to handle my shots back at the Jets. It kind of silly to make fun of another team QB situation when your team has Mark SUCKchez as it QB.(might be the worst Qb in football)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-30-2013 at 09:53 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    My point is that if the Raiders are trading for Flynn, even if it's for a 5th rounder, they are not using their first rounder on Geno Smith. They will go into the season with Pryor and Flynn.

Same with AZ. If they get Palmer, Stanton is obviously gonna be pissed because Palmer is the starter. They too will not be drafting a 3rd string QB in the first two rounds.

Say whatever you want, if we go into this season with Sanchez/Garrard/Tebow/McElroy, this season will be worse than 2005. I'm not saying whoever we draft could change that, but at least we would have an option that we DON'T already know is garbage. I'm not even convinced Garrard will be healthy enough to make the team let alone beat out the worst starting QB in the league.

My thinking is this, if we are going to run the WCO long term, then we need to come out of this draft with either Smith, Nassib, or Barkley. Bills could take Geno at 8, Jax could take Nassib at 33. That leaves us Barkley at 39.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo haven't we learned to stay away from usc QB's yet

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    dump this is pure speculation.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo haven't we learned to stay away from usc QB's yet
    Agreed! I watched all of Barkley's games. I am all in favor of Nassib Ej or Glennon before Barkley

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Detroit signed Hill and Culpepper then drafted Stafford. If they think he is their future guy they will draft him. No BU QB is changing that. Stanton was in there somewhere to I think.
    Did Hill or Culpepper have Flynn's contract? You don't bring in a QB with that kind of money investment unless you incision being his starter.

Funny thing about everybody bashing Flynn. In his only two opportunities to play, he played very well. What does the have to do? Close to 500 yards passing with 6 TDs in his last game? We are lucky if MS throws for 200 yards.

For those against Barkley, I am not going all in for him, I just think that if Buffalo gets Geno at 8 and Jax takes Nassib at 33 what are we left with? Manuel and Glennon don't have the accuracy for the WCO and their strengths are vertical passing game. So that leaves Barkley, despite the fact that he went to USC, he is better than Sanchez. Plus Marty M is heads and shoulders better than any OC that Sanchez had.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Lmao Listen I don't know if you are the poster friend or you are the poster who made those dumb remarks (changed your handle) , but that what happens when you don't do research on a subject. Everyone has opinions on topics and we can debate whether they are right or wrong .

you can't debate facts. I had them and showed how wrong the poster was. R Mckenzie and the Raiders organization can't be held accountable for moves the previous regime made. Just like the Jets new GM can't be held responsible for someone else mistake- Mark Sanchez or the fact they can't put the franchise tag on Revis anymore.

So I didn't put those words in the poster mouth. He still mad it looks like the 170 plus yards Darren Mcfadden put on the vaunted Rex Ryan defense or the fact that his team hasn't reached a super bowl since 1969 .( not in his lifetime probably). You can take your shots at the Raiders organization but just be prepared to handle my shots back at the Jets. It kind of silly to make fun of another team QB situation when your team has Mark SUCKchez as it QB.(might be the worst Qb in football)
    Yeah that poster must still be fumin at D-mac's 179 on rex's D, probably as mad as you were when the jets slapped you 38-0 at home.

We can say what we want about the raiders, if you don't like it crawl back to raiders.net with the rest of the morons!

Again why is everyone changin their username every time they say something about you.

Last post your getting out of me, it's like debating a child.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did Hill or Culpepper have Flynn's contract? You don't bring in a QB with that kind of money investment unless you incision being his starter.

Funny thing about everybody bashing Flynn. In his only two opportunities to play, he played very well. What does the have to do? Close to 500 yards passing with 6 TDs in his last game? We are lucky if MS throws for 200 yards.

For those against Barkley, I am not going all in for him, I just think that if Buffalo gets Geno at 8 and Jax takes Nassib at 33 what are we left with? Manuel and Glennon don't have the accuracy for the WCO and their strengths are vertical passing game. So that leaves Barkley, despite the fact that he went to USC, he is better than Sanchez. Plus Marty M is heads and shoulders better than any OC that Sanchez had.

How much money do you think he is making? They wouldn't be paying him much more then what Culpepper got back then. 5-6 mil tops he is only making 7 mi now in Seattle. That is BU money. They aren't committing to him at that price. Not when with the rookie cap you can draft a better QB for under 3 mil a year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kolb will end up in KC IMO. It is a good fit for his personality and he knows the system. Reid will use him to teach Smith, Daniel, and Stanzi the system. I actually wouldn't be shocked if he ended the year as their starter.
    Huh? Why would KC want Kolb they already have Alex Smith who is the same exact thing a JAG WCO QB. I think KC may end up drafting Geno Smith.