Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shefter: Kolb to Bills

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    Rather draft Nassib later on.
    Why exactly?

Don't understand the love for Nassib at all.

The kid has literally zero touch. He fires the ball 100 mph whether it's a 5 yard slant or a 20 yard out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If this is the Same Old Jets, then yesm we will probably draft Geno Smith if he makes it to the 9th pick. I am believing that Idzik is going to change the M.O. of the Jets and build a super Unit either along the OL or in the defensive front 7.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tank For Teddy

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Why exactly?

The kid has literally zero touch. He fires the ball 100 mph whether it's a 5 yard slant or a 20 yard out.
    1. Dont want a qb in round 1
    2. Dont want Glennon
    3. Geno throws sooo soft

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why exactly?

How can you not understand the love here for Nassib?

He's the mirror image of Sanchez... Good intermediate thrower and has nothing else.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Teams that had better QBs than the Jets in 2012:

Oak
    Cle
    AZ
    Buf

Oakland while probably downgrading, went younger with Matt Flynn.

AZ is probably going to get Palmer.

Cleveland, while still having Weeden, picked up Jason Campbell.

Buffalo, doing the smart thing, dumps a bad contract and their starting QB, who played better than Sanchez last year. Now they went after a very affective QB when healthy in Kolb.

And we had to have Garrard?? If we don't do something at the QB position, this team will not be watchable this season.
    Just looking at this team they aren't watchable already. Mark Sanchez, Jeff Cumberland, The o-line=Trash.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Minkaveli View Post
    Just looking at this team they aren't watchable already. Mark Sanchez, Jeff Cumberland, The o-line=Trash.
    Good point. The last time we looked this bad on paper was in the mid 90's. difference being that we had some players back then. The problem was coaching. Now, I don't think if we had the top 5 picks in this draft it would help enough to be competitive.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Are we really going to draft Geno Smith?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Wow. Are we really going to draft Geno Smith?
    Why not?

I'd rather gamble on a potential franchise QB than one of these passrushers that have red flags out the ass.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why not?

I'd rather gamble on a potential franchise QB than one of these passrushers that have red flags out the ass.
    Drown for the Clown!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Drown for the Clown!!!

I don't see us being bad enough this year to end up with a Top 2 pick for Clowney or Bridgewater.

I don't think we'll be good, but not 2-14/3-13 terrible.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Drown for the Clown!!!

Agreed on the Clown but take Geno Smith and run with him if he drops to us

He really has no business falling to 9 overall......I would love the idea of Geno as our future

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    1. Dont want a qb in round 1
    2. Dont want Glennon
    3. Geno throws sooo soft

Geno throws soft when he has too ( with touch on the ball) he can also put zip on the ball as well as hitting receivers in stride and he's a very accurate QB. The Jets NEED a QB and he's much better now then Sanchez will ever be.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be shocked if Geno fell to #9. Jax, Oak, Philly, Cleveland, Buf all still need a QB. I could even see KC drafting him. Guys like Kolb, Flynn and Smith are not good and I could see their respective teams just using them as 1 year stopgaps until Geno Smith learns how to run a pro-style offense which he never did in college.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I'd be shocked if Geno fell to #9. Jax, Oak, Philly, Cleveland, Buf all still need a QB. I could even see KC drafting him. Guys like Kolb, Flynn and Smith are not good and I could see their respective teams just using them as 1 year stopgaps until Geno Smith learns how to run a pro-style offense which he never did in college.
    Phil savage said it best when with the Ravens they never drafted for need but took the Best player available. Why take a lesser player at a position of need, when you can get an elite player at a position that can be a difference maker for years.

Why would you take a Qb that is the best in his class( not as good class potentially as next year class) and elevate him into a top ten pick when his talent suggest he wouldn't go that high in a normal draft. Just because you have a need.
    Every team drafting behind that Qb needy team hopes they start reaching for those positions of need and ignoring the top players in this draft.
    Thanks to some team stupidity they come away with much better player and that Team will most likely be drafting for need At that position again the following year. See B Gabbert.

IF Geno Smith was iLuck or RG 111 class of Qb it would be a no brainier taking him that early. he's not and it probably better waiting till next year or taken a chance on a Qb much later in this draft.( has same questions as Geno Smith)

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys have no shot at geno.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    when did Kevin kiln become joe Montana. he's a veteran guy... that's the end of his list of positives , maybe draft geno and hold the clip board for a bit until kolb gets hurt or ****s the bed.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just don 't feel that the Jets will draft Smith. I think someone before said Idzik is going back to basics and will concentrate on building the lines. May look for safety help in the draft early also. I think if Smith drops to the Jets it may be an opportunity to trade down. Is there any team drafting after the Jets who may need a QB?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Phil savage said it best when with the Ravens they never drafted for need but took the Best player available. Why take a lesser player at a position of need, when you can get an elite player at a position that can be a difference maker for years.

Why would you take a Qb that is the best in his class( not as good class potentially as next year class) and elevate him into a top ten pick when his talent suggest he wouldn't go that high in a normal draft. Just because you have a need.
    Every team drafting behind that Qb needy team hopes they start reaching for those positions of need and ignoring the top players in this draft.
    Thanks to some team stupidity they come away with much better player and that Team will most likely be drafting for need At that position again the following year. See B Gabbert.

IF Geno Smith was iLuck or RG 111 class of Qb it would be a no brainier taking him that early. he's not and it probably better waiting till next year or taken a chance on a Qb much later in this draft.( has same questions as Geno Smith)
    They also moved up for Flaco, and many said he would not be ready to start right away and would have to sit for a year or two, and that worked out okay

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegasholliday View Post
    You guys have no shot at geno.
    Who are you? Please don't tell me you are a dolphins fan, cause that would be about right.