Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: If Warmack, Geno and Jordan are all there at 9?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    You realize Warmack allowed only 3.5 sacks in 287 pass attempts last season and this was in the SEC. I don't know how you can do any better as a pass protector. Plus he's a mauler in the running game which Cooper isn't. This guy has All-Pro Guard written all over him.
    3.5 sacks allowed is impressive? Brandon Moore and Slauson allowed 3.5 sacks combined last season in the NFL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    3.5 sacks allowed is impressive? Brandon Moore and Slauson allowed 3.5 sacks combined last season in the NFL
    Yes it is when you're facing the best defenses in the nation and you don't have Nick Mangold to help you every passing play.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it is when you're facing the best defenses in the nation and you don't have Nick Mangold to help you every passing play.
    287 passing attempts? The lowest pass attempts in the NFL this past year was 405.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You realize Warmack allowed only 3.5 sacks in 287 pass attempts last season and this was in the SEC. I don't know how you can do any better as a pass protector. Plus he's a mauler in the running game which Cooper isn't. This guy has All-Pro Guard written all over him.
    Only 3.5?!?

Umm... I know exactly how he can do much better than allowing 3.5 sacks. Allow none or one or two.

The SEC is a great conference but it's not anywhere close to the NFL and if he gives up a sack every 82 pass attempts in the NFL, he won't be anything close to an All-Pro.

It would be incredibly dumb to select him with a top 10 pick IMO.

And FYI, he was playing on the best line in the nation, next to a 1st or 2nd round pick in Jones. So it's not like he was all on his own out there.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it just me or did it feel that slauson/ducasse are worth 2 or 3 sacks a game? Muddy be something to do with how those are attributed...

I think both for the short and long term you pick Chance or trade back and get Cooper, not because guards are more important than olb or qb but because of rare case where bpa and need match up. Reminds me of Brick at 4, still feel it was a great pick years later.
    Last edited by ryu79; 04-02-2013 at 02:18 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    Real needs? You mean like replacing the two starting guards we lost so we can run the ball and protect the QB during pass plays.

Or are we going the Texans/Carr route were we draft our QB and let him get pummeled and fail.

QB is a waste to draft high this year none of the QBs are rated very high. You put in the infrastructure first then you draft a qb. Otherwise you are setting the new QB up for failure. There are no QBs this year that are so good you can't pass them up.

Without an Oline you can not pass or run the ball; both of which, as far as I know, are real needs.

With the new rookie pay scale we wouldn't be spending mega bucks on a guard drafted in the first. To be able to plug in a sure fire top Guard sounds like a good use of a pick to me. Every other player besides the big W has lots of question marks. People who stick with conventional wisdom/old wives tales get left behind.
    We signed Colon and still have 3 other Gs on the roster. How many Gs do you see on opening day on most rosters 2-3. Caleb is making the team and Vlad did not look bad last year. Then you have Landolt who we have been building. It will not be hard for them to play better then Slauson. Our OL is pretty good no reason at all to go off the edge when we have no QB. We need to fill wholes this year. I'd rather a RT if we go OL early. If only for the fact we have no depth at all at T. Maybe Howard can play G because I have no faith in him as a RT. He is a viable BU at best. QB, OLB, S, RT, RB, and ILB are all much bigger needs for this team. I assure you not one team has 1st and 2nd round players at every position on OL. What we have at G is just as good as any other average line.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Only 3.5?!?

Umm... I know exactly how he can do much better than allowing 3.5 sacks. Allow none or one or two.

The SEC is a great conference but it's not anywhere close to the NFL and if he gives up a sack every 82 pass attempts in the NFL, he won't be anything close to an All-Pro.

It would be incredibly dumb to select him with a top 10 pick IMO.

And FYI, he was playing on the best line in the nation, next to a 1st or 2nd round pick in Jones. So it's not like he was all on his own out there.

Thank you.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    So when the QB doesn't have time to let that #1 wr run his route because he was sacked or is running for his life. Remember your disdain for the Oline.

When that Qb is hurt and mentally scared because he is always on his ass or bent over in pain. Remember your lack of value for the oline. OLB has hurt us for years losing pace and thomas is addition by subtraction. Safetys? Which saftey would you draft in the first....?

We have all pro like players at LT and C. The 2 most important positions on the line. Our RT has loads of potential, and we have a short term RG solution.

Guards can be found anywhere in the draft. You don't need to go top 10 for a stud guard.

Pugh, Jones, Frederick, Jones all can be had in the 2nd to 3rd round and all are solid prospects.

Safety is really deep in this draft. Cyprien or Elam would be nice in the 2nd. Rambo and Swearinger are also nice prospects. A lot of depth at Safety in this draft.