Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If Warmack, Geno and Jordan are all there at 9?

If Warmack, Geno and Jordan are all there at 9?

Although not likely, whom do you take?

I'd still want Warmack for a few reasons. First, he grades out as the highest player in this draft at 95.9 ( Jordan 93.5 and Geno 88). Second, you can write his name into the starting lineup for the next 10 years. Third, It's a need. Fourth, he is a likely top-5 guard immediately.

Idzik will show me a lot if he passes on the others and takes Warmack!

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    He is a necessity.

Geno......nothing against the other players

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post

I'd still want Warmack for a few reasons. First, he grades out as the highest player in this draft at 95.9 ( Jordan 93.5 and Geno 88). Second, you can write his name into the starting lineup for the next 10 years. Third, It's a need. Fourth, he is a likely top-5 guard immediately.

If Warmack is there, you take him. We already know we are writing off 2013 from a QB perspective. We can draft a developing QB in the later rounds and see how things look for the 2014 draft.

This!!!

Geno and it isnt even close. G shouldn't even be on our 1st round radar we have real needs to fill.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by morite View Post
    If Warmack is there, you take him. We already know we are writing off 2013 from a QB perspective. We can draft a developing QB in the later rounds and see how things look for the 2014 draft.
    This.

Dominant OLine for the next 5-7 years, immediate bulldozing starter, best player on the board. The fact that it's a huge area of need is gravy.

Isn't even close.

_

All Pro
    Clearly Warmack if I was in charge. Geno needs a south/dome team who'll develop him for a year or two, and Jordan is all kinds of concerning...

All Pro
    It's going to take me 14.55 minutes to hand in my card because i'm trading out.

Hall Of Fame
    Warmack.

It will be a miracle if he is still there.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    It's going to take me 14.55 minutes to hand in my card because i'm trading out.
    To whom?

Looks like in you scenario we'll be picking 10th because the Titans are going to run up to the podium with THEIR card picking Warmack at 9.

_

I like the idea of warmack, but this is another namegame illusion. If the guy's name was Ben Johnson I guarantee he wouldnt have the same level of fanbase support for drafting him at 9. A guard!

Look how many people want Joeckel and don't even give half a thought to the T from unc who might even be a better prospect, but has a name so boring I can't even remember.

With DeCastro last year at 16 there were many many detractors, and he was rated about the same...and "DeCastro" is still a semi cool name, who knows if he would have even been on the fans' radar otherwise at 16.

I'm ok with the warmack pick but the "war" part helps his perception a lot among casual scouts, whether you admit it or not.

All Pro

Personally, I'd take Smith.

And everyone says Warmack is a 10 year starting All-Pro caliber OG... that might be true. But if there is one thing I've learned about the draft is that there is no such thing as a sure bet in the NFL.

I want to see the Jets win a SB in my lifetime, as you all do. IMO the best way to do that is to get a QB who can take advantage of the game's modern rules.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    To whom?

Looks like in you scenario we'll be picking 10th because the Titans are going to run up to the podium with THEIR card picking Warmack at 9.

_
    Maybe i am wrong and if so forgive my ignorance, but don't you get 15 minutes in the 1st round to make your pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Maybe i am wrong and if so forgive my ignorance, but don't you get 15 minutes in the 1st round to make your pick.
    Yes, but if you are scurrying around with a scant few seconds on the clock, you're not making a trade.

This folly about trading back and back and back for a multitude of 2nd and 3rd round picks in a draft everyone acknowledges is talent rich in the 2nd and 3rd round is...folly.

Not happening.

_

I want warmack, but if we pass on geno and he turns out to be above average it would be a disaster for idzik, no matter how good warmack turns out to be. Especially if we go another Coyle of years without a real qb option

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I want warmack, but if we pass on geno and he turns out to be above average it would be a disaster for idzik, no matter how good warmack turns out to be. Especially if we go another Coyle of years without a real qb option
    Coyle is not draft eligible next year.

_

Are you people crazy?
    If the Jets get a chance to draft what most scouts think is the best QB in this draft, Geno Smith & don't, then fire Idzik.
    Like Jon Gruden says, "in this new NFL if you don't have a capable QB, you can't win".
    Keep picking until we find one!
    We have got to keep trying to find a QB.
    Personally, I don't think he'll be there but strange things happen in the draft.
    As drafts get closer critics look for negative things, something to make headlines.
    The closer we have gotten to this draft the top 10 all have more warts, at least that's what the press is telling us.
    Except a guard?
    Well how much better is Warmack than Cooper?
    Now if we get Tampa pick at 13 then by all means take Warmack or Cooper, but I would still rather have Geno & Eifert.
    It's time to score some points & let Rex design a defense for a 10 point lead.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Are you people crazy?
    If the Jets get a chance to draft what most scouts think is the best QB in this draft, Geno Smith & don't, then fire Idzik.
    Like Jon Gruden says, "in this new NFL if you don't have a capable QB, you can't win".
    Personally, I don't think he'll be there but strange things happen in the draft.
    As drafts get closer critics look for negative things, something to make headlines.
    The closer we have gotten to this draft the top 10 all have more warts, at least that's what the press is telling us.
    Except a guard?
    Now if we get Tampa pick at 13 then by all means take Warmack or Cooper, but I would still rather have Geno & Eifert.
    For a new GM to initiate his reign over a team with a QB draft pick, he'd better be ABSOLUTELY sure that his QB will be the one, or he will be canned within 4 years (look at Tanny). SO that being said, do you really think someone as patience and cunning as idzick is going to draft someone's desperate attempt for a franchise QB for a player (entirely because of his position) will be draftet in the first round when in reality he will contribute as a third round pick, which is where he should be picked.

Now if you are idzick and you look at the atrocious coaches we have had on the offensive side of the ball for the last 5 years, and you now hire an OC that has established consitent top 10 offenses for every single year since 2006, are you really going to blow your load on a position that is filled with studs next year? I think not. especially when next season is the first year you can adequetly judged Sanchez and not his inept coaches. That would be equivalent of trading Revis for a second rounder like the Kids on this board wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Are you people crazy?
    Except a guard?
    So NFL scouts are giving their opinions to the press?

This is the problem with the pre-draft stuff, no scout is saying a word. Have you ever seen a pre-draft quote from terry bradway?

The people giving their opinions are draft prognosticators, former scouts/GMs, or beat writers - all of whom have an agenda of their own.

Geno Smith put up great numbers in games where virtually no defense was played at all. He is pretty fast, has a good not great arm, and is reasonably tall. On top of all those average numbers he struggled in his bowl game in the snow, is known to lock on to WRs and not go through his progressions, didnt play in a pro offense, so he is a DEFINITE pick at 9?

If Barkley is a product of woods and marquise lee - then what is geno with stedman bailey and austin?