Thread: Buttfumble Revisited

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post

....Hey I gave it a shot!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsmetsrangers View Post
    You are right about the fumble but come on a little tough to fault him entirely there....Guys comes unblocked from the blindside if I remember correctly.......3rd and a million with little time left before halftime and were throwing the ball there, bad all the way around.....

Again not arguing about the regular season, definitely turnover happy but in 6 playoff games he managed and protected the ball much better.....9 TDS and 4 turnovers and not 1 game where he had more than one.....Pretty good ratio there don't you think for a rookie and 2nd year QB....

Again just talking about his playoff performance pro rated unto a 16 game season.....Would be 24 TDS...8 INT...2.5 fumbles....Obviously you cannot take those numbers that far but that is not terrible.....

You can't because he had 26 turnovers per season the next two years. Some people just don't understand sample size. A 6-game sample of efficient QB play is more important than the other 60 games where he was mediocre. Stop thinking there is some "Magical Mark Playoff Sanchez" and start looking at his actual play on the field lately, which is atrocious.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    You can't because he had 26 turnovers per season the next two years. Some people just don't understand sample size. A 6-game sample of efficient QB play is more important than the other 60 games where he was mediocre. Stop thinking there is some "Magical Mark Playoff Sanchez" and start looking at his actual play on the field lately, which is atrocious.
    Great point..but but but.... The Sanchez apologists will find another pathedic argument in attempt to defend piss poor play..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

No, some people just cannot comprehend what they read.....They just change the subject to suit their views....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is really only a 1 game sample size. He was great in the NE game. The boxscores might look good in some of the other ones but you have to take other things into consideration.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I

The more Mark Sanchez sucks, the more perfect he is to lead our team for the next two years. Would be worse to have a great quarterback. He wouldn't compliment this pile of sh-t that John Idzik is creating. The only fun to be derived from this 3-13 campaign is the booing of Rex Ryan, the chants, the banners, the no-shows, the Daily News caricature covers, it's going to be epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    The above would have to be the very most insanely idiotic thing I have ever seen you post. That's saying a lot considering it is you.

You know nothing about John Idzik, but suddenly you have the guy figured out. I guess the woods in NH have sent you over the deep end. Talk about arrogance at its very worst.
    That was one of my better posts this offseason. It's the harsh reality that some haven't yet faced. Sorry. For you, it'll feel like last season. Only worse.

It is neither idiotic or arrogant to say the following, which is a re-write of what you didn't like earlier:

The Jets as we knew them since 1997 are over. We are essentially an expansion team now. Getting yourself all worked up over Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez when neither of them is going to be on the team in 2015 when we start to work our way out of this mess is a waste of your time.

As for Idzik, he's the last guy picked for the dodgeball team. He's a fail until proven otherwise, and right now he's having just about the worst offseason any GM has had in Jets history stretching right back to the Gutman era. When you hear experts tell us that he's an operator, that he doesn't know player-personnel, and that he is too soft for this market and then you see the pressers and the lack of progress it doesn't take much to connect the dots.

SAR I

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    That was one of my better posts this offseason. It's the harsh reality that some haven't yet faced. Sorry. For you, it'll feel like last season. Only worse.

It is neither idiotic or arrogant to say the following, which is a re-write of what you didn't like earlier:

The Jets as we knew them since 1997 are over. We are essentially an expansion team now. Getting yourself all worked up over Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez when neither of them is going to be on the team in 2015 when we start to work our way out of this mess is a waste of your time.

As for Idzik, he's the last guy picked for the dodgeball team. He's a fail until proven otherwise, and right now he's having just about the worst offseason any GM has had in Jets history stretching right back to the Gutman era. When you hear experts tell us that he's an operator, that he doesn't know player-personnel, and that he is too soft for this market and then you see the pressers and the lack of progress it doesn't take much to connect the dots.

SAR I
    Respectfully disagree. I think what Idzik is doing is akin to what Donnie Walsh did for the Knicks, untangling and unhooking us from the mediocre players we had on our roster and the financial bind we were in by virtue of overpaying them. I'm sure we're going to go through pain this coming season and beyond, but I give Idzik credit for biting the bullet and being willing to endure short-term pain for longer-term gain.