Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buttfumble Revisited

Jets Insider VIP

Buttfumble Revisited

I thought this was a pretty interesting breakdown. For those of you that don't know, Steve Bateman offers some of the best insights about the Jets via Twitter. I'm sure this explanation will have its share of detractors, and if we're being honest I'm not 100% sold Sanchez sliding was by design, but it's an astute breakdown of film nonetheless.

http://thejetset.biz/2013/03/31/the-...e-butt-fumble/

Hall Of Fame
    Interesting. But I still maintain my belief that Moore's feet came off the ground as a result of Sanchez already hitting him from behind. Wilfork was a full yard off the LOS after Mangold peeled off. At worst, all Moore did was allow Wilfork to get him turned a little.

Either way, there is still no excuse for fumbling the ball. And the ball was out before Moore landed on him. The picture even shows that so I am not sure why he is making the argument that the force of Moore's fall is what caused the fumble. In the pic the ball is already two feet removed from Sanchez's body as Moore is beginning to land on him.

Sure the play is not all Sanchez's fault. But with a less frantic or spooked QB playing I don't think that play would have resulted in a TD for the Pats and us fans having to watch that play for the next 50 years.

did SAR write that explanation?

It is interesting, but the way he described the end of the play is not really what happened.

1) Moore didn't get blown up. (sure he was pushed back, but it wasn't huge push)

2) Sanchez looks completely confused

3) There's nothing I saw that showed Sanchez was about to slide

4) Even if EVERYTHING he said was accurate it's still not an excuse. As a player carrying the ball in the NFL you have to be prepared to bockers in front of you to be pushed back and certainly hold onto the ball.

All League
    A thread. Really, nobody cares about this play outside a select group of Jet fans and trolls. It was a bonehead play in a meaningless regular season game that did not change the outcome. Nothing more.
    Incredible to me some people choose to analyze it and breaK it down.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    A thread. Really, I DON'T CARE about this play AND HAVE NOTHING TO ADD TO THE CONVERSATION OTHER THAN WARBBLGARGGLL, THAT'S WHY I CLICKED ON THE THREAD AND TYPED OUT THIS REPLY. It was a bonehead play in a meaningless regular season game that did not change the outcome. Nothing more.
    Le fixed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    It is interesting, but the way he described the end of the play is not really what happened.

1) Moore didn't get blown up. (sure he was pushed back, but it wasn't huge push)

2) Sanchez looks completely confused

3) There's nothing I saw that showed Sanchez was about to slide

4) Even if EVERYTHING he said was accurate it's still not an excuse. As a player carrying the ball in the NFL you have to be prepared to bockers in front of you to be pushed back and certainly hold onto the ball.
    1) I think Moore does get pretty owned.

2) Agreed, but I had never noticed the pivot and Greene thing before this breakdown.

3) From the initial game view, it looks like he was about to slide. The replay looks like it tells a different story, though, hence why I remain unconvinced.

4) Yea, it's a bad fumble either way.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    Sar just finished painting that explanation on his bedroom ceiling

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I thought this was a pretty interesting breakdown. For those of you that don't know, Steve Bateman offers some of the best insights about the Jets via Twitter. I'm sure this explanation will have its share of detractors, and if we're being honest I'm not 100% sold Sanchez sliding was by design, but it's an astute breakdown of film nonetheless.

Sanchez is the f*cking worst QB this organization has ever seen, and that includes guys like Bubby Brister. Stop trying to explain away his sh*t for brains moves.

Drafting him has set this team back for years. We would be talking about 2009 and 2010 as the "glory years" and our 1st SB's since 1969 if it weren't for Sanchez and Sanchez alone.

The sooner the Jets move on from him the better.

Jets Insider VIP
    There is a video taken from the end zone and you can clearly see that Moore barely moved to his right. No more than 6". Even if he had not moved at all, Sanchez still would have run directly into him. It's not like Sanchez almost got by him... he ran directly into his ass.

Jets Insider VIP
    Can we trade this thread to the dump?

Who cares? I've already moved past that awful season.

It was all Sanchez fault. He is an idiot and a p*ssy

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    Holy plagiarism, Batman.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    A thread. Really, nobody cares about this play outside a select group of Jet fans and trolls. It was a bonehead play in a meaningless regular season game that did not change the outcome. Nothing more.
    It's the Jets Zapruder film. Back, and to the left.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Sanchez is the f*cking worst QB this organization has ever seen, and that includes guys like Bubby Brister. Stop trying to explain away his sh*t for brains moves.

Drafting him has set this team back for years. We would be talking about 2009 and 2010 as the "glory years" and our 1st SB's since 1969 if it weren't for Sanchez and Sanchez alone.

The sooner the Jets move on from him the better.
    These are the types of posts that make you come off like a douchebag. Nowhere in my post was I trying to "explain away" anything, I was simply sharing a view put forth by an astute Jets fan, something that is apparently anathema to you. But bad ol' MaineJet has to go on the attack, 'cause he's all badass and whatnot. I even stated that I felt the breakdown was solid, up until the point where he stated that the slide was purposeful. If that's "support", then oh well. If you don't agree with any of it, yay, good for you feel free to comment. But please don't try to (mis)represent what I say.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Can we trade this thread to the dump?
    Dump away! I'll be sure to remain riveted to the back-and-forth flame wars you have with the same 5 posters over here.
    Last edited by Jetworks; 03-31-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    There is a video taken from the end zone and you can clearly see that Moore barely moved to his right. No more than 6". Even if he had not moved at all, Sanchez still would have run directly into him. It's not like Sanchez almost got by him... he ran directly into his ass.
    I tend to agree with this. Moore may have gotten slightly turned by Wilfork. But I think Sanchez basically took out Moore's legs with the slide and it made things look worse than it was.

The play was just a clusterphuck from the start and only made worse by Sanchez's inability to improvise or at the very least just hold on to the fvcking ball. Just another log on the fire when it comes to our history.

These are the types of posts that make you come off like a douchebag. Nowhere in my post was I trying to "explain away" anything, I was simply sharing a view put forth by an astute Jets fan, something that is apparently anathema to you. But bad ol' MaineJet has to go on the attack, 'cause he's all badass and whatnot. I even stated that I felt the breakdown was solid, up until the point where he stated that the slide was purposeful. If that's "support", then oh well. If you don't agree with any of it, yay, good for you feel free to comment. But please don't try to (mis)represent what I say.

Dump away! I'll be sure to remain riveted to the back-and-forth flame wars you have with the same 5 posters over here.
    I was referring to the author, NOT you. Get over yourself and stop always thinking the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    It's the Jets Zapruder film. Back, and to the left.
    More plagiarism. Do I have to copy paste all of my old posts?

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I was referring to the author, NOT you. Get over yourself and stop always thinking the worst.
    No need as I'm not full of myself. The inclusion of a simple pronoun would have helped in clarifying that. And for the record, I'm a bit of a pessimist for 2013 as I was dealt a sh!thand. Apologies for my previous post and the misunderstanding. I'll try to be a bit less d00shy.