Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Buttfumble Revisited

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Sanchez is the f*cking worst QB this organization has ever seen, and that includes guys like Bubby Brister. Stop trying to explain away his sh*t for brains moves.

Drafting him has set this team back for years. We would be talking about 2009 and 2010 as the "glory years" and our 1st SB's since 1969 if it weren't for Sanchez and Sanchez alone.

The sooner the Jets move on from him the better.
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Sanchez is the f*cking worst QB this organization has ever seen, and that includes guys like Bubby Brister. Stop trying to explain away his sh*t for brains moves.

Drafting him has set this team back for years. We would be talking about 2009 and 2010 as the "glory years" and our 1st SB's since 1969 if it weren't for Sanchez and Sanchez alone.

Sorry Maine but I doubt we would be talking about 2009-2010 as the glory years or SB appearances.....

You can blame Sanchez for many things but the 2 AFCCG's are not on him......In fact he actually stepped up his game where our vaunted running attack and top tier defense **** the bed....

The Jets had a 17-6 lead in the first game against Indy and our great ground came to a halt averaging 3.2 YPC...22-70.....While our top defense proceeded to get exposed to the tune of 461 yards (101) on the ground and in 5 Indy drives gave up 3 TDS and a FG......

Against Pitt our great ground attack again expired going 29-86...2.9 YPC while our defense was making Mendehall look like Jim Brown and giving up 166 yards on the ground.....

Sanchez in those 2 games.....

37-63...59%....490 yards....4 TDS....1 INT....7.7 YPA and ratings of 93.3 and 102.2.....

Any Jet fan on the planet would have signed for those type of #'s Sanchez put up in those AFCCG's.....Unfortunately the rest of the team performed way below expectations.....Hate him all you want but do not pin the reason we did not get to the big game on Sanchez, he was the least of our problems....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsmetsrangers View Post
    Sorry Maine but I doubt we would be talking about 2009-2010 as the glory years or SB appearances.....

You can blame Sanchez for many things but the 2 AFCCG's are not on him......In fact he actually stepped up his game where our vaunted running attack and top tier defense **** the bed....

The Jets had a 17-6 lead in the first game against Indy and our great ground came to a halt averaging 3.2 YPC...22-70.....While our top defense proceeded to get exposed to the tune of 461 yards (101) on the ground and in 5 Indy drives gave up 3 TDS and a FG......

Against Pitt our great ground attack again expired going 29-86...2.9 YPC while our defense was making Mendehall look like Jim Brown and giving up 166 yards on the ground.....

37-63...59%....490 yards....4 TDS....1 INT....7.7 YPA and ratings of 93.3 and 102.2.....

Any Jet fan on the planet would have signed for those type of #'s Sanchez put up in those AFCCG's.....Unfortunately the rest of the team performed way below expectations.....Hate him all you want but do not pin the reason we did not get to the big game on Sanchez, he was the least of our problems....
    At the end of 2010. IMO, Mark was a top 12 QB. something happened early 2011 . some say it was the hit he took against Baltimore, others say he saw the lack of focus management put on offense that left him vulnerable.

regardless...in 2010, he was solid.

You're missing the point. It's not just the AFC championship games, it's the entire season:

1) Would we have been playing on the road in the playoffs if Sanchez hadn't mailed in some games? The answer to that is a resounding NO. The gameplan against the Jets has always been the same. Sell out to stop the running game and challenge Sanchez to throw the ball. Every team knew that sooner or later Sanchez would gift wrap a turnover. We lost 5 games in 2010 that we had no business losing if only we had gotten even decent QB play.

Also, you simply put up his numbers without examining them closely. Watch the tape. As always he struggled like always with his accuracy. In fact he was garbage for long periods of time in those games.

What about the impact it had on the players to have to compensate for Sanchez being a liability? You don't think it slowed the players down by the time they reached the AFC championship? I certainly do.

And against Pitt? What you posted is selectful memory. Sanchez was as much the problem as the rest of the team in the 1st half of that game. He played like sh*t in the 1st half just like everyone else. So don't make it look like Sanchez was a hero. He was far from it.

In fact, the only game where I give credit for being a good player and just along for the ride, was the NE divisional playoff in 2010. He played like a champion in that game and it's only time I have ever witnessed it from him.

Since then? He's hot garbage and you cannot possibly even debate that.

What are you talking about? How did Sanchez cost us in any of those playoff games back in 2009/2010? If I recall correctly, our much-heralded defense couldn't make a stop in Indy or Pitt; in both of those losses, Sanchez played very well. Way to rewrite history.....

You're missing the point. It's not just the AFC championship games, it's the entire season:

1) Would we have been playing on the road in the playoffs if Sanchez hadn't mailed in some games? The answer to that is a resounding NO. The gameplan against the Jets has always been the same. Sell out to stop the running game and challenge Sanchez to throw the ball. Every team knew that sooner or later Sanchez would gift wrap a turnover. We lost 5 games in 2010 that we had no business losing if only we had gotten even decent QB play.

Also, you simply put up his numbers without examining them closely. Watch the tape. As always he struggled like always with his accuracy. In fact he was garbage for long periods of time in those games.

What about the impact it had on the players to have to compensate for Sanchez being a liability? You don't think it slowed the players down by the time they reached the AFC championship? I certainly do.

And against Pitt? What you posted is selectful memory. Sanchez was as much the problem as the rest of the team in the 1st half of that game. He played like sh*t in the 1st half just like everyone else. So don't make it look like Sanchez was a hero. He was far from it.

In fact, the only game where I give credit for being a good player and just along for the ride, was the NE divisional playoff in 2010. He played like a champion in that game and it's only time I have ever witnessed it from him.

Since then? He's hot garbage and you cannot possibly even debate that.

Yeah right, I am sure that rookie and 2nd year QB was going to win 15 games each of his first 2 years.....I guess they should have gone 16-0 in 2010 since their 11-5 record would have been perfect if not for him according to you....

The Colts were 14-2 in 2009 so the Jets were not getting a home game in the AFCCG with Sammy Baugh as QB....

In 2010 the Patriots were also 14-2 since no Jet team ever has approached that mark I highly doubt that they would played at home in the AFCCG...Would have had to go 13-3 to get the home field which in or history has not exactly been a great boon for the Jets.....

Does not matter what happened in the regular season....They were in the AFCCG both years and both years the D and running sucked and he played well....No amount of hate can change that....If his teammates let the regular season affect their play with a chance to be in the SB both years they did not have the right stuff to begin with...
    Last edited by jetsmetsrangers; 03-31-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Yeah right, I am sure that rookie and 2nd year QB was going to win 15 games each of his first 2 years.....I guess they should have gone 16-0 in 2010 since their 11-5 record would have been perfect if not for him according to you....

The Colts were 14-2 in 2009 so the Jets were not getting a home game in the AFCCG with Sammy Baugh as QB....

In 2010 the Patriots were also 14-2 since no Jet team ever has approached that mark I highly doubt that they would played at home in the AFCCG...Would have had to go 13-3 to get the home field which in or history has not exactly been a great boon for the Jets.....

Does not matter what happened in the regular season....They were in the AFCCG both years and both years the D and running sucked and he played well....No amount of hate can change that....If his teammates let the regular season affect their play with a chance to be in the SB both years they did not have the right stuff to begin with...
    He put up 0 points in the first half of the Pittsburgh game and couldn't even sustain a drive. I don't call that playing well. Had he led the offense to score, or even sustained a drive to give the defense a rest, that would have been the difference in the game. All said, the defense gave up 17 points.

And the Patriots were 10-6 in 2009. Don't tell me a decent QB couldn't have led the Jets to a better record than that and at least gotten them a home game or two.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    He put up 0 points in the first half of the Pittsburgh game and couldn't even sustain a drive. I don't call that playing well. Had he led the offense to score, or even sustained a drive to give the defense a rest, that would have been the difference in the game. All said, the defense gave up 17 points.

And the Patriots were 10-6 in 2009. Don't tell me a decent QB couldn't have led the Jets to a better record than that and at least gotten them a home game or two.
    "He put up 0 points in the first half of the Pittsburgh game and couldn't even sustain a drive."

that's not true, he put up a TD in the 1st half, fumbled and Pitt returned it for a TD . bellow is a collection that defines how bad he is..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWtuUn66LFk

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post

So what, even if they had a better record in 2009 and had a home game or two they still would have been on the road against the Colts......As I recall they won those 2 road games so who cares if they were at home or away...Were the home game wins going to count extra and let us skip the Colts and waltz into the SB?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    "He put up 0 points in the first half of the Pittsburgh game and couldn't even sustain a drive."

that's not true, he put up a TD in the 1st half, fumbled and Pitt returned it for a TD . bellow is a collection that defines how bad he is..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWtuUn66LFk
    the score of the AFC Championship game after one half was Pittsburgh 24 Jets 0. Sanchez did not put up 7 points in the 1st half.

So what, even if they had a better record in 2009 and had a home game or two they still would have been on the road against the Colts......As I recall they won those 2 road games so who cares if they were at home or away...Were the home game wins going to count extra and let us skip the Colts and waltz into the SB?
    The gameplan has always been the same from every team since he came into the league and even now. Sell out to stop the run and challenge Mark Sanchez to win the game through the air. He has NEVER done it.

Actually I can't even believe you are arguing this now. I'm sure you watched last season. He's been horrible throughout his 4 years in the league. He's a turnover machine and can even complete 50% of his passes.

The gameplan has always been the same from every team since he came into the league and even now. Sell out to stop the run and challenge Mark Sanchez to win the game through the air. He has NEVER done it.

Actually I can't even believe you are arguing this now. I'm sure you watched last season. He's been horrible throughout his 4 years in the league. He's a turnover machine and can even complete 50% of his passes.
    Rex Ryan neglected Mark Sanchez. That's why he is such a bad quarterback right now. He had all the promise and ability the world back in 2009 and 2010 when the quarterback position was not anything any of us were discussing as a worry or concern on this team.

More revisionist history from Jets Insiders resident Revisionist Historian.

SAR I

Isn't it possible that the "called" play was a misdirection with a fake hand-off to Hillyard with a blocking scheme to match for the purpose of drawing the D towards the RG/RT gap followed by a quick toss out to Greene headed to the outside in the opposite direction?

I've seen the Jets run this misdirection under Schotty. Not sure if Sporano had it in his playbook (which you could fit on a 3x5 index card).

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Rex Ryan neglected Mark Sanchez. That's why he is such a bad quarterback right now. He had all the promise and ability the world back in 2009 and 2010 when the quarterback position was not anything any of us were discussing as a worry or concern on this team.

SAR I
    NONSENSE. I've been a critic of Sanchez since the Atlanta game in 2009 - his rookie year.

And Rex Ryan did not ever neglect Sanchez. If you want to say TANNY did? That I can accept. Rex Ryan does not control who comes or goes from this team, Tanny does. And based on the fact that Tanny is now looking for a job, what does that tell you? I could never get you to answer that logically, so forget I even asked you.

RH:

Mailed in some games? Gotten home field? Are you kidding me?

In 2009, Mark was a rookie quarterback who left college early and was thrust into the starting role in the biggest media marketing the country. After shaking the rookie jitters in his first six games, he went on a run winning 16 of 20 games, the best such stretch in team history, including 2 road playoff wins.

In 2010, Mark bailed out a defense that was starting to show its age and cracks no less than 5 times with miracle fourth-quarter comebacks after the defense had blown a lead late. As a result, instead of a disappointing 7-9 season the Jets went 11-5, the second-best record in team history. Elevated his game in the playoffs, including two decisive road playoff wins over future Hall of Fame quarterbacks.

Halfway through the 2011 season everything came to a screeching halt. Old playmakers like LaDainian Tomlinson and Plaxico Burress got injured and dried up. Dustin Keller got injured yet again. Wayne Hunter slaughtered Mark. The defense could no longer be bailed out by the offense, couldn't stop the run or pass. The head coach's bluster was no longer effective as his team stop listening to him. The malcontents and troublemakers that he brought to the team started shooting back at him and acting like spoiled brats. We began a streak that has us 1-12 against teams with winning records.

Mark Sanchez isn't very good right now, but he is not our problem. The head coach that ruined the young quarterback, the head coach that brought in all of these terrible leaders, the head coach they got rid of all of our quality players, the head coach that didn't draft or pick up anybody on offense to help his quarterback, he is the problem.

SAR I

Yes, because traveling doesn't take its toll on teams.

SAR I
    Mark Sanchez has always had accuracy issues. Even before he was "ruined."

Rookie

The butt fumble....the play that will live in infamy.

I'm glad to see some fresh analysis. I'm glad Greene is off the team! I wonder how many QBs in that spot would have tried a dump off to Greene instead of trying to hit the hole themselves.

Interesting perspective

RH:

Mailed in some games? Gotten home field? Are you kidding me?

In 2009, Mark was a rookie quarterback who left college early and was thrust into the starting role in the biggest media marketing the country. After shaking the rookie jitters in his first six games, he went on a run winning 16 of 20 games, the best such stretch in team history, including 2 road playoff wins.

In 2010, Mark bailed out a defense that was starting to show its age and cracks no less than 5 times with miracle fourth-quarter comebacks after the defense had blown a lead late. As a result, instead of a disappointing 7-9 season the Jets went 11-5, the second-best record in team history. Elevated his game in the playoffs, including two decisive road playoff wins over future Hall of Fame quarterbacks.

Halfway through the 2011 season everything came to a screeching halt. Old playmakers like LaDainian Tomlinson and Plaxico Burress got injured and dried up. Dustin Keller got injured yet again. Wayne Hunter slaughtered Mark. The defense could no longer be bailed out by the offense, couldn't stop the run or pass. The head coach's bluster was no longer effective as his team stop listening to him. The malcontents and troublemakers that he brought to the team started shooting back at him and acting like spoiled brats. We began a streak that has us 1-12 against teams with winning records.

Mark Sanchez isn't very good right now, but he is not our problem. The head coach that ruined the young quarterback, the head coach that brought in all of these terrible leaders, the head coach they got rid of all of our quality players, the head coach that didn't draft or pick up anybody on offense to help his quarterback, he is the problem.

SAR I
    I agree in most part to your statements but let me ask you. Can you fix a broken toy or is it better to just get a new one? Is Mark worth salvaging? The draft will tell us a lot because if the Jets don't draft offense in the 1st round they are setting Mark up to fail. Dustin Keller gone sets Mark up to fail. O-line is the worst it has ever been for Mark. He has no one in his corner...even the tattoo is fading. I hope Mark fixes himself because the Jets surely look like they are moving on.

Jets Insider VIP

SAR I
    Every rookie QB should take their team to a Super Bowl and win it, just like it is done every year by every team with their rookie QB. He is not even a 'revisionist historian', he is in fantasy land.