Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Yet better than Sanchez. You can go ahead and google "butt fumble" and remember that was a Thanksgiving audience vs. the Patriots. A screenwriter couldn't concoct a lower moment.

Tebow's entirety of career miscues was less embarrassing than that play - and even if that play never happened, Sanchez had already proved himself to be the worst multi-year starting QB in franchise history. No question.

Again, what's Tebow ever done? Heisman, nat'l championship, and a single improbable yet highly successful campaign as an NFL starter for a season.

Better than Jason White by miles.
    Oh love the teblowites...you and your pathetic god (teblow) will be gone soon enough.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Tebow deserves ****...he road the coat tails of that denver d which played unbeleivable during that stretch. If you honestly believe he has a chance to be good you need some serious help.

Yes. The 24th ranked defense that was the 2011 Denver Broncos played "unbelievable" football. Try again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh love the teblowites...you and your pathetic god (teblow) will be gone soon enough.

... i guess the truth is hurting you ...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    Excellent write, that's all us so-called Tebowites ask for. We are aware of his accuracy issues, low and slow throwing motion etc.. Last year when Sanchez sucked the big one it was more of an embarrassment to continue with Sanchez as we did rather than pull the Denver switch. Our coaches showed no innovation, lack of coaching skills and stubbornness to a critical fault. It was embarrassing to watch Sanchez crash and burn week in week
    out when a switch to the Tebow type offense should have been made.

I understand teams are not willing to convert from conventional type offenses for the read type offense. Most teams are not willing to go that route and that is why there is a very very limited market for Tebow. That is understood, however last year the Jets had no choice, it was a decision they should have made like Denver did. Tebow deserved that opportunity last
    year, if he failed then there would have been conclusive proof, but what if he would have done AGAIN what he did in Denver?

The only difference here is some of us believe what Tebow does have, (Leadership abilities, heart, drive, ability to elevate players around him or motivational ability, unwillingness to fail, faith, and positive attitude) will make him a success in the NFL. The only way this can be proven or dis-proven is a chance, anyone that says they are a prognosticator and Tebow just sucks are just flat out short-sighted and wrong. The Jets were the ones at fault here not Tebow, the kid deserved a shot and the Jets just flat out blew it.
    I believe the Jets didn't make the switch to Tebow for a few reasons. By the time they had given up on Sanchez, it was too late in the season to overhaul their offense - particularly since they were still mathematically in the playoff hunt at that point (and after they were eliminated, why bother?). As you alluded to, I don't think Sparano was a clever enough coach to pull off the switch, particularly not in a small timeframe.

I think the biggest reason has to do with how the celebrity aura Tebow has cultivated around himself actually has damaged his career. As we've discussed, no team believes in Tebow enough at this point to make an all-in commitment to him as their QB, due to his deficiencies. Given that, there is a tremendous risk to even putting him on the field, because if he has any measure of success at all, the fan and media pressure to keep playing him would be overwhelming.

If he was just another player, maybe the Jets would have thrown him in there and then seen what would happen. Given the hype around him, the Jets' worst fear was likely that he would play just well enough to fuel the "Tebow for Starting QB" crusaders and make it impossible to bench or get rid of a player that they had already decided was not in their future. The only way Denver had gotten away with it was by replacing Tebow with a future Hall-of-Famer - a luxury the Jets didn't have coming.

In the end, the pressure that comes with Tebow's massive fan following is actually another reason why NFL teams are shying away from him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

First get a handle on your Revis fetish.

Then lecture others on worshipping football players.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    First get a handle on your Revis fetish.

Then lecture others on worshipping football players.
    Atleast Revis is a top player in this game who contributes...you worship a qb that probably won't ever start another nfl game in his career but the jets should play him. Enjoy following that tool to Canada. And I'm in the favor of trading revis for the right deal pending he doesn't sign for 12 mill a year..nice try though

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    ... i guess the truth is hurting you ...
    The only truth in this ****ty thread is that tebow sucks at qb his fans suck at life and that he will be gone soon enough

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Badaxe View Post
    Yes. The 24th ranked defense that was the 2011 Denver Broncos played "unbelievable" football. Try again.
    You mean that same 24th ranked defense that held their opponents to 15 points or less in 6 of those "Tim tebow wins"? It's funny how the teblowers need to trump up stats to try and make their hero look good

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    You mean that same 24th ranked defense that held their opponents to 15 points or less in 6 of those "Tim tebow wins"? It's funny how the teblowers need to trump up stats to try and make their hero look good
    I don't understand why its even being discussed. This guy has no shot being on this team especially with wco being implemented.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand why its even being discussed. This guy has no shot being on this team especially with wco being implemented.

it's being discussed because for whatever reason tebow still has a cult following of fanboys with agendas. It's truly bizarre

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

There will be no WCO this year without the personnel to run it. Just like there was no Ground and Pound last year for the very same reason. Just because a team renames itself doesn't make it so.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    There will be no WCO this year without the personnel to run it. Just like there was no Ground and Pound last year for the very same reason. Just because a team renames itself doesn't make it so.
    Actually there will be...they'll try to run it much like they tried the GnP last year but it won't be as effective because they don't have the players but like GnP...they'll attempt the WCO.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought of one QB currently in the league that MIGHT be worse than Sanchez and Tebone- Joe Webb. Nobody thinks of Christian Ponder as an elite QB but with him (and a lot of help from AP), the Vikings beat the Pack to secure a playoff spot, the following week Ponder was injured and the Vikings looked like a high school team.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MykePM View Post
    I believe the Jets didn't make the switch to Tebow for a few reasons. By the time they had given up on Sanchez, it was too late in the season to overhaul their offense - particularly since they were still mathematically in the playoff hunt at that point (and after they were eliminated, why bother?). As you alluded to, I don't think Sparano was a clever enough coach to pull off the switch, particularly not in a small timeframe.

I think the biggest reason has to do with how the celebrity aura Tebow has cultivated around himself actually has damaged his career. As we've discussed, no team believes in Tebow enough at this point to make an all-in commitment to him as their QB, due to his deficiencies. Given that, there is a tremendous risk to even putting him on the field, because if he has any measure of success at all, the fan and media pressure to keep playing him would be overwhelming.

If he was just another player, maybe the Jets would have thrown him in there and then seen what would happen. Given the hype around him, the Jets' worst fear was likely that he would play just well enough to fuel the "Tebow for Starting QB" crusaders and make it impossible to bench or get rid of a player that they had already decided was not in their future. The only way Denver had gotten away with it was by replacing Tebow with a future Hall-of-Famer - a luxury the Jets didn't have coming.

In the end, the pressure that comes with Tebow's massive fan following is actually another reason why NFL teams are shying away from him.
    But it isn't his followers that complain the most and loudest.

It's astounding how much vitriol comes after the name Tebow hits this board. He's a backup to a backup and hardly ever plays so it HAS to be his religious beliefs that rile up so many people.

I don't see how anyone can argue that Tebow was ever given a chance to be a QB here. Did he even take any snaps in a game? If he did there couldn't have been many.

It's too bad the kid takes so much crap. He seems like a decent kid who, unlike so many others pro athletes, doesn't just talk the talk but lives his life true to his beliefs. He reminds me of a young man I met many years ago who had some real problems and was taking a wrong course in his life, but then found religion and straightened himself out. He may have come across as too strong, but his message was real and it turned him around.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post

It's astounding how much vitriol comes after the name Tebow hits this board. He's a backup to a backup and hardly ever plays so it HAS to be his religious beliefs that rile up so many people.

I don't see how anyone can argue that Tebow was ever given a chance to be a QB here. Did he even take any snaps in a game? If he did there couldn't have been many.

It's too bad the kid takes so much crap. He seems like a decent kid who, unlike so many others pro athletes, doesn't just talk the talk but lives his life true to his beliefs. He reminds me of a young man I met many years ago who had some real problems and was taking a wrong course in his life, but then found religion and straightened himself out. He may have come across as too strong, but his message was real and it turned him around.
    nice post.

I don`t get the Tebow hatred at all. I understand the Sanchez hatred because he really sucked but Tebow didn`t do much of anything here. He rarely played(I think he was in on 70 snaps from scrimmage). Most of those plays were decoy plays. I`m just looking at the Jets QB situation right now. I feel Tebow is the best bet currently. Garrard hasn`t played in 2 years. Sanchez is done here no matter who coaches him or what offense they use. I say let Tebow have 2013 and see if he can regain some worth for a possible trade in 2014. I don`t understand why other Jets fans would be against this. Has nothing to do with religion. Just common sense, which I also undestand why Jets fans(this new breed of Metlife/Giants Stadium type fans)can`t have any common sense. They think the Jets are great. LOL Most haven`t been around too long so they just don`t know anything about the Jets.

edit; one more thing. Tebow was ONLY brought in here to NY to SELL, SELL, SELL, those worthless PSLs. I`m sure he sold a few but nothing what Woody had hoped for. After 27 years of wasting money, and time, Tebow`s presence didn`t get me to bite at all. I am so done with financially supporting this team.
    Last edited by The Band; 04-06-2013 at 08:52 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    nice post.

I don`t get the Tebow hatred at all. I understand the Sanchez hatred because he really sucked but Tebow didn`t do much of anything here. He rarely played(I think he was in on 70 snaps from scrimmage). Most of those plays were decoy plays. I`m just looking at the Jets QB situation right now. I feel Tebow is the best bet currently. Garrard hasn`t played in 2 years. Sanchez is done here no matter who coaches him or what offense they use. I say let Tebow have 2013 and see if he can regain some worth for a possible trade in 2014. I don`t understand why other Jets fans would be against this. Has nothing to do with religion. Just common sense, which I also undestand why Jets fans(this new breed of Metlife/Giants Stadium type fans)can`t have any common sense. They think the Jets are great. LOL Most haven`t been around too long so they just don`t know anything about the Jets.

edit; one more thing. Tebow was ONLY brought in here to NY to SELL, SELL, SELL, those worthless PSLs. I`m sure he sold a few but nothing what Woody had hoped for. After 27 years of wasting money, and time, Tebow`s presence didn`t get me to bite at all. I am so done with financially supporting this team.
    What I hate about tebow besides that he sucks..is the ****tards that follow him. The complete douches like we have witnessed here is why I can't stand him oh and by the way he CANT THROW.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Marty runs the wco...that's what the jets will run. Stop trolling disk we know the jets don't have a qb.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post

Yes, there has been a lot of vitriol in this thread, but you act as though that's exclusive to Tebow on this message board. How many "Suckchez" comments do you see around here, or personal shots on Rex Ryan? Frankly, I don't like it any more than you seem to.

However, you also act as though Tebow is an innocent in all of this scrutiny. As soon as he did the Super Bowl commercial with his mother a few years back, he thrust himself onto center stage and made himself a controversial figure bigger than his achievements on the field. New York is a particularly bad place for him to take this baggage as New Yorkers usually don't like people who "tell them what to do" (as the commercial could be interpreted), and they especially don't like sports figures whose celebrity exceed their performance.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Atleast Revis is a top player in this game who contributes...you worship a qb that probably won't ever start another nfl game in his career but the jets should play him. Enjoy following that tool to Canada. And I'm in the favor of trading revis for the right deal pending he doesn't sign for 12 mill a year..nice try though
    Dooshe, you're the one who "worships" a player here, not me. You're also the one who hates a backup with a burning passion, not me.

I'm sure you have a lot going on in life.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    nice post.

I don't hate Tim Tebow.

I hate his freakish fans who constantly put him on a pedestal, follow him from team to team like cultist nutjobs, and think that he should be given special treatment.

I'm sure that Tebow is a great kid, but he's not a QB in this league.

I've never seen such a devoted following to such a mediocre at best football player. It's f*cking weird, no matter how you wanna slice it.

Yeah, he's a good christian boy who tries hard.

Whoopty sh*t

The NFL is littered with guys like this. They're literally on every single team in the league, they just don't get the kind of attention that Tebow gets.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 04-07-2013 at 02:06 AM.